[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Internet Explorer question.

Skippy

I've got an icon up top where the back, forward, stop refresh, etc. icons are. It is all the way to the right and when I put my mouse over top of it 'Discuss' is what pops up. It is what looks to me to be a yellow sheet of paper.

What the hell is this?

Further more, when I click it this is what happens:

A little blank area cuts off the bottom third of my window with "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options..."

Againg, what the hell is this?

Edited by Skippy

I've got an icon up top where the back, forward, stop refresh, etc. icons are. It is all the way to the right and when I put my mouse over top of it 'Discuss' is what pops up. It is what looks to me to be a yellow sheet of paper.

What the hell is this?

A little blank area cuts off the bottom third of my window with "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options..."

Looks like a built-in IM or something. It opens a horizontal frame in the main window.

What the hell is this?

www.getfirefox.com

http://www.puppylinux.org/user/viewpage.php?page_id=1

I just d/l'd 7.0 the other day, and I don't see a discuss icon! :D I see 2 icons on the left (Back/forward) and then the URL box, and then the search box w/ a "stop" in between! I tried to customize but that's not an option! What am I missing? FWIW I have no need to use 7.0 anyway. :D But I'm curious.

I just d/l'd 7.0 the other day, and I don't see a discuss icon! :D I see 2 icons on the left (Back/forward) and then the URL box, and then the search box w/ a "stop" in between! I tried to customize but that's not an option! What am I missing? FWIW I have no need to use 7.0 anyway. :D But I'm curious.

You can right click in that top bar and select something about toolbars, and choose to view the menu bar. That'll get back some familiar options.

Here is what I found.

Q: Does the "Discuss" icon on the toolbar actually see a lot of use? Or is it wasted space?

A: Hi Maurits. The Discuss icon is added by office and is not part of IE. I'd have to ask the office team how many use the discussion servers if they see much use.

In other words the discuss icon comes from Microsoft Office on your computer not from I.E.

Edited by jackshi17

I have firefox and use it a lot but there are still some sites that I need to use I.E. One is for my work email. :D

There is a FF extension that allows you to click on a little FF icon on the lower right hand corner of the browser which will automatically switch between the browsers. If you need/want to switch back to FF just click the icon again (it will now be an IE icon) and it'll go back to FF. I believe the extension is called the IE Tab.

Just Found a Link