[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ACC Hoops-Week 6

PantherDave

Well, It's Sunday Feb 4....is there another game on today :D ....so, here we go.

FSU at Duke-both teams need a win, gut check time for FSU.....going out on a limb, FSU out runs Duke for a road upset win in Durham.

The Pack is on the road all week, a Tuesday date with GT in Atlanta then close at Miami on Saturday. Lowe has found a formula with Astur the missing ingredient-Pack gets back in the hunt for a #4 seed by going 2-0 this week and to logging 4 road wins all together.

....and I feel terribly sorry for Duke on Wednesday. Heels rout the Devils in Durham, sending Duke to an 0-2 week.

Edited by PantherDave

Hate to say I told you so, but the rumors of NC State's ACC dominance were much exaggerated. That last game was about UNC, not about being a contender in the ACC. State would rather beat UNC than be good, and that's why you ran Herb out of town.

Should be an interesting race to the finish. BC, UVA and UNC all have 2 losses. UVA has a very nice schedule the rest of the way but already has a loss to the Heels. BC and UNC will play in Boston. UNC still must play revenge games against VT and State, @ Maryland and Duke at home.

Should be an interesting race to the finish. BC, UVA and UNC all have 2 losses. UVA has a very nice schedule the rest of the way but already has a loss to the Heels. BC and UNC will play in Boston. UNC still must play revenge games against VT and State, @ Maryland and Duke at home.

UVA does indeed have a nice schedule, but I think UNC's is equally as nice. Here are my optimistic projections down the stretch (absolutely no homerism involved :D )

UVA 13-3[ (in conference)

Win vs. VT

Win vs. FSU

Loss vs. GT

Win vs. VT

Win vs. WF

UNC 12-4

Win vs. WF

Win vs. VT

Loss vs. BC

Win vs. NCS

Win vs. MD

Loss vs. Duke

BC 11-5

Loss vs. FSU

Loss vs. Duke

Win vs. UNC

Win vs. VT

Win vs. Clemson

Loss vs. GT

VT 8-8

Loss vs. UVA

Loss vs. UNC

Win vs. NCS

Loss vs. BC

Loss vs. Mia

Loss vs. UVA

Win vs. Clemson

UVA wins Regular Season crown! :D

No way UNC loses at home to Dook. I think all 3 (BC, UVA, and UNC could go the rest of the way with 1 loss. As long as UNC's 1 loss isn't to BC, we'll take the regular season title.

I think you're not giving VT and BC enough credit. No way does BC lose 3 of 6 and VT 5 of 7. :D

No way UNC loses at home to Dook. I think all 3 (BC, UVA, and UNC could go the rest of the way with 1 loss. As long as UNC's 1 loss isn't to BC, we'll take the regular season title.

I think you're not giving VT and BC enough credit. No way does BC lose 3 of 6 and VT 5 of 7. :D

I'll admit I'm reaching quite a bit for UNC to go 12-4, honestly I can see them winning out. May also be a reach that UVa only drops one of these last 5 conference game, but one can dream! Maybe a stretch for BC to give up 3 of 6 as well. I just don't think VT is that good and think they're due to be exposed (hopefully by the HOOS tomorrow). Their best win is against UNC and who wouldn't win a game when you get to shoot 38 free throws. Of course one could argue that UVA isn't that good as well, but at least we've shaken the road woes that plagued us for so long...we gave that GT :D

I seem to recall making a statement about how State would probably go and lose to some team they ought not to (being the new ACC power that they are) and how State would rather beat Carolina than be good. :D I guess Gavin Grant won't be excused from class tomorrow. :bash:

UVA got totally trashed by VT :D I must admit, I thought it'd be a dangerous game for the Hoos' but I really thought the days of UVA not showing up to play were over. What a shame. You'd think they weren't in the running for an ACC title.

UNC still improving. Intensity can be a problem, but mainly away from home. We crushed Wake by 40 today. I seriously doubt anyone has a chance of beating us in Chapel Hill. Now we've got to go learn how to win in Boston, College Park and Atlanta.

That would be Conte Forum in Chestnut Hill. :D If BC beats Duke at home next Wed, the NC game will basically be for the regular season title.

Duly Noted :D

A couple of big games today, as BC faces a dangerous FSU squad. Although I believe that I read somewhere that the Seminole PG broke his hand?

Also Dook travels to College Park where the Terps are one of the few teams that have been able to hold their own against the Blue Devils in the last 5 years or so. Go Terps! I'd love to see Dook lose another 5 games.

UCONN traves to play GT in Atl.

What a great win for BC. Watched every minute. They were trailing for all but a couple minutes and socred with 3.3 seconds left to win. Great game by Blair (who was Sean Williams backup to start the season) with 6 or 7 blocks and the game winning basket. I thought we were going down today with Duke and NC coming up. Huge win. :D

Cue a Coach K season ending illness in 5...4...3...2...

Man - no joke- they keep crapping the bed they may actually be sliding off the bubble.

Just not a good basketball team.

On a West coast note..........

If Washington finishes strong, the Pac 10 will have a record 7 teams NCAA- bound. Not bad, with Hawes healthy, I would take UW on a neutral court over Duke easy.

If Washington finishes strong, the Pac 10 will have a record 7 teams NCAA- bound. Not bad, with Hawes healthy, I would take UW on a neutral court over Duke easy.

FWIW, it's no coincidence that Duke did well out of conference and is getting hammered in conference. There's blood in the water and the ACC knows it. Duke has dominated the conference since the late 90's and now it's payback time. I still think they're a tournament team, but they're going to lose more of their luster before it's all said and done.

Edited by billay