[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So those with recent Drunk Driving experience

CarryTheRock

They got me. Short ride home from the bar after the Super Bowl. Block from home they got me. I usually walk it but like an idiot I drove this time since it was like -13.

I had one 18 years ago and they said this would be considered my first offense (found online that anything under 12 years is considered second offense).

What is to be expected in your parts for a first offense? I'm in Iowa. They have me, no fighting it. :D

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that sucks.

Here in OH, they give first time offenders what has become known as "party plates". they're yellow and differ from normal plates. I understand that the plates give the Cops the right to pull you over at anytime, for nothing at all.

You also undergo a Drunk Driving Weekend or 3 days in jail. I think all in all, it costs OH drivers about 2k, not including a lawyer if you get one

WOW that really sucks.... that you still drink and drive!! :D Let's cut to the chase!! After another drinking and driving episode a little jail time should do. Let's hope you learned your lesson. ???

Edited by irish

:D Let me be the first here to do this :D Get an attorney my friend, not to get out of it because you were wrong but to help minimize the punishment. Hope you learned your lesson.

Disagree.

Let's cut to the chase!! After another drinking and driving episode a little jail time should do.

Let's not ostracize.

Minimum of 2 days in jail, I know that much.

That sucks.

---

I know in California, it's mostly time/hassle and money. Time/hassle = losing your license for about a month, more months of "restricted driving", court, required AA meetings, and "classes". Money = tow fees, lawyer fees (if necessary), court fees and class fees.

Good luck.

CarryTheRock - Man come on dude. You should know better than this. Any adult should know better. I'm not sorry you got caught. I'm sorry that you did this. I hope you learn something from this because it would be a shame for you to do it again and kill yourself or someone else. I'd hate to not see you on this board anymore.

If I were you I would go down to the local MADD chapter house and sign up yourself for meetings before going to court. This will show the judge that you truely feel remorse for this action and it will hopefully influence his judgement a little bit. Get a lawyer and not a county or state appointed one either.

Also sign up for AA meetings before going to court.

Good luck and I pray all goes well for you (meaning no jail time)

I could care less about the money because I deserve it. It's the jail time. Since I drug test people at the jail for my job at times they were nice enough to put me in over night by myself. As embarrasing as it will be there are two judges that think highly of me that I hope I get one of them.

CarryTheRock - Man come on dude. You should know better than this. Any adult should know better. I'm not sorry you got caught. I'm sorry that you did this. I hope you learn something from this because it would be a shame for you to do it again and kill yourself or someone else. I'd hate to not see you on this board anymore.

If I were you I would go down to the local MADD chapter house and sign up yourself for meetings before going to court. This will show the judge that you truely feel remorse for this action and it will hopefully influence his judgement a little bit. Get a lawyer and not a county or state appointed one either.

Also sign up for AA meetings before going to court.

Good luck and I pray all goes well for you (meaning no jail time)

Taking the positive from it I'm glad it happened because I needed something to straighten me out again without anyone getting hurt, and I do know better. It was a lapse in judgment that I truly regret. It's going to effect my family and career for some time.

Here's what you have to look forward to:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3...ws_of_iowa.html

For first offenders, a mandatory minimum of two days must be spent in jail and a $1,000 fine plus 30 % government surcharge of $300. If it is a serious misdemeanor, it is punishable by up to one year in jail or a fine of up to $1,500.

CTR- I'm sorry this happened to you my friend. It's easy to have a lapse in judgment after some drinks, and we've all done it before. My advice is to get an attorney, remain humble ( especially if you're familiar with the judges ) and be sure to display your remorse.

I hope all goes well for you.

Disagree.

Let's not ostracize.

---

Gee... I have no idea what that means. People in here ostracize others?

WOW that really sucks.... that you still drink and drive!! :huh: Scene of events: :lol::doh::D:tup::D:(;):bash::clap: Let's cut to the chase!! After another drinking and driving episode a little jail time should do. Let's hope you learned your lesson. ???

This post is a complete joke. If this is an attempt at sarcasm, it's in poor taste. If you're being serious, then you're a tool.

Gee... I have no idea what that means. People in here ostracize others?

:(

This post is a complete joke. If this is an attempt at sarcasm, it's in poor taste. If you're being serious, then you're a tool.

Yup.

Irish, you are a complete idiot. I've bit my tongue about you long enough. While your profession and decision to stay sober are commendable, you have to turn and make posts like this:

WOW that really sucks.... that you still drink and drive!! :huh: Scene of events: :lol::doh::D:tup::D;):bash::bash::clap: Let's cut to the chase!! After another drinking and driving episode a little jail time should do. Let's hope you learned your lesson. ???

Enough of you. I'm starting to see why Grits (and others) have chosen to ignore you.

I can't help the expressions on the emoticons faces, so I'll remove them as they are in bad taste. Just figured I use them since they were there. The other part of my post was dead on serious. So no I'm not the tool, he drove the car, drunk. :D

Edited by irish

I can't help the expressions on the emoticons faces. Just figured I use them since they were there. The other part of my post was dead on serious. So no I'm not the tool, he drove the car, drunk. :D

Yes I did. There is nothing I can do now but deal with it and try and straighten the mess out that I have made for myself and my family. I'm well aware how stupid it was.

I can't help the expressions on the emoticons faces, so I'll remove them as they are in bad taste. Just figured I use them since they were there. The other part of my post was dead on serious. So no I'm not the tool, he drove the car, drunk. :D

he knows he F'ed up. He came here looking for advice from people who've also f'ed up. You're the tool for rubbing it in. :D