[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So those with recent Drunk Driving experience

CarryTheRock

I can't help the expressions on the emoticons faces. Just figured I use them since they were there. The other part of my post was dead on serious. So no I'm not the tool, he drove the car, drunk. :D

CTR is a good guy that made a mistake. It's a mistake that I've made and probably 90% of the huddlers here have also made, except we were fortunate enough not to have been caught.

CTR has my sympathy and respect because he made no accusations or excuses for his actions. He doesn't deserve to be ridiculed by you. You've lost all credibility with me.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he knows he F'ed up. He came here looking for advice from people who've also f'ed up. You're the tool for rubbing it in. :D

Exactly! Thank you! I have read on here how people help each other out almost on a daily basis. I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm just looking for what other have done and recieved in the situation.

Yes I did. There is nothing I can do now but deal with it and try and straighten the mess out that I have made for myself and my family. I'm well aware how stupid it was.

Well than I wish you and yours the best of luck working through the situation. I've had/have to deal with an aunt and grandfather who are fall down drunks. To this day my grandfather still drinks and drives. I have actually been stuck driving behind him as I was coming home from work several times and he was swerving all over the road. My aunt came to live in my parent's house years ago cause she was ruining her family, cheating on her husband, beating her husband and only child. She has spent time in jail for her addictions and what they have foolishly made her do. I have attended her AA meetings and am a very active part in her life today because she says that the stable faces she saw in my parent's house allowed her to rid herself from the addiction. So I know what it's like and I'm glad and hope that this instance has truly opened yours eyes so that you can fix things and make them right before they get any worse. I figured I'd share this way you hear and know that many others had/have it way worse than you right now. Good Luck.

Edited by irish

That sux bro. I've had one. It was the worst experience of my life. My advice: Get a good lawyer, whatever it takes. There is nothing worse than having to go to court alone. I'm sure your judge will give you a continuation to get the money for a lawyer together. They generally want half up front and the rest before your first court date. I got the best, most expensive lawyer I could and it was around $2500. Worth every penny. Best of luck to you through what is going to be a very trying time for sure.

Well than I wish you and yours the best of luck working through the situation. I've had/have to deal with an aunt and grandfather who are fall down drunks. To this day my grandfather still drinks and drives. My aunt came to live in my parent's house years ago cause she was ruining her family, cheating on her husband, beating her husband and only child. She has spent time in jail for her addictions and what they have foolishly made her do. I have attended her AA meetings and am a very active part in her live today because she says that the stable faces she saw in my parent's house allowed her to rid herself from the addiction. So I know what it's like and I'm glad and hope that this instance has truly opened yours eyes so that you can fix things and make them right before they get any worse. I figured I'd share this way you hear and know that many others had/have it way worse than you right now. Good Luck.

Maybe you should have led with this post instead of some lame, graemlin-laced attempt at humor.

Exactly! Thank you! I have read on here how people help each other out almost on a daily basis. I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm just looking for what other have done and recieved in the situation.

I have never had to deal with this situation since I was never CAUGHT driving drunk. I no longer drink and have not for many years. However, I do remember those many times I did drive home when I should not have. I think there has been some good advice so far. Get an attorney and go to AA for example. You have shown remorse and are taking responsibility. Hopefully you can show the Judge that. Hopefully all will go well from here on out.

Maybe you should have led with this post instead of some lame, graemlin-laced attempt at humor.

Sorry my first response was a bit emotion-filled and not well thought out. I've made my adjustments and have now shared my heartfelt thoughts. Thanks for your post as it prompted a better response. My graemlins were in poor taste.

CTR is a good guy that made a mistake. It's a mistake that I've made and probably 90% of the huddlers here have also made, except we were fortunate enough not to have been caught.

CTR has my sympathy and respect because he made no accusations or excuses for his actions. He doesn't deserve to be ridiculed by you. You've lost all credibility with me.

+1

The only difference between CTR and myself is that I was fortunate enough to have never been caught back in the day. I hardly drink anymore now.

Almost everyone I know gets a lawyer but they don't have the insider sources you do. Best of luck.

I'm very lucky I never got one...however I have a few friends that have. One friend got a lawyer for his first because he fought it. Another friend had 4. Yes 4. He hired an attorney and it was a good thing for him that he did. I don't think you need to hire an attorney that specializes in this if you're not going to fight it. Take your medicine and hope for the best. Good Luck.

I'm very lucky I never got one...however I have a few friends that have. One friend got a lawyer for his first because he fought it. Another friend had 4. Yes 4. He hired an attorney and it was a good thing for him that he did. I don't think you need to hire an attorney that specializes in this if you're not going to fight it. Take your medicine and hope for the best. Good Luck.

I'm not going to fight it because they got me and I was guilty. I just want to be sure I get the minimum. One of the judges I hope to get and I have discussed years ago how he doesn't agree with mandatory sentencing for drug users because they need the space.

I don't think you need to hire an attorney that specializes in this if you're not going to fight it.

Total BS. Having a good attorney will bring you the peace of mind that you are doing everything in your power to keep your constitutional rights. What was your BAC? If it was low enough you stand a good chance, with a good lawyer, to get your charges dropped to Reckless Driving. Just remember: this will affect your life for the next 10 years, do everything in your power to minimize the damage. I speak from xp.

I'm not going to fight it because they got me and I was guilty. I just want to be sure I get the minimum. One of the judges I hope to get and I have discussed years ago how he doesn't agree with mandatory sentencing for drug users because they need the space.

if I remember correctly, in Pa. sometimes on your first offense (depending on the cicumstances) if you lose your license you still are able to drive to and from work only. Might be worth looking into.

WOW that really sucks.... that you still drink and drive!! :D Let's cut to the chase!! After another drinking and driving episode a little jail time should do. Let's hope you learned your lesson. ???

I haven't read any further than this. Irish, I've seen you in threads wondering why people don't like you......right here is an example. The guy is admitting that he screwed up, do you really think he needs a lecture from you ??? This is not the first time I've seen you attempt to ride in on your high horse. It is annoying.

Would it help if you went to one of the Judges you know well and ask his advice. Let him know you are remoreful and will take responsibility. Ask for his advice on what to do, or is this a totally bad idea?

Total BS. Having a good attorney will bring you the peace of mind that you are doing everything in your power to keep your constitutional rights. What was your BAC? If it was low enough you stand a good chance, with a good lawyer, to get your charges dropped to Reckless Driving. Just remember: this will affect your life for the next 10 years, do everything in your power to minimize the damage. I speak from xp.

BAC was higher than I felt. They got me.

if I remember correctly, in Pa. sometimes on your first offense (depending on the cicumstances) if you lose your license you still are able to drive to and from work only. Might be worth looking into.

I can get a work permit for a price.

This post is a complete joke. If this is an attempt at sarcasm, it's in poor taste. If you're being serious, then you're a tool.

Wow, I didn't even see the post with the smilies. Irish, I'm starting to think those that think negatively about you are correct, no matter how great you tell me you are in 'real life'.

I too like most have done it and not got caught, but I actually did get caught and got away with it since I left the scene of the accident (no damage to my vehicle, just slid off into a ditch and nobody else was involved and since I was not present at the vehicle when I admitting doing it they couldn't take me in, I guess anyway). So I don't have any advice for ya...other than to go get a VERY GOOD lawyer. I was an idiot and will never do that again. I was lucky and to this day I tell myself.....that was as good as winning the lottery, but there is a little bit of me that wishes I had gotten caught so i would have gotten the punishment I deserved. Horrible Horrible experience dealing with the cops and my family. That cop has pulled me over twice since that happened back in September for various "reasons". I played it cool and acted like I didn't know him/remember what happened, when I knew/know why he was pulling me over. I deserved it and I've learned my lesson!

I haven't read any further than this. Irish, I've seen you in threads wondering why people don't like you......right here is an example. The guy is admitting that he screwed up, do you really think he needs a lecture from you ??? This is not the first time I've seen you attempt to ride in on your high horse. It is annoying.

And that was a mistake just as my original post was a mistake. Should've read on a little further.

Edited by irish

Would it help if you went to one of the Judges you know well and ask his advice. Let him know you are remoreful and will take responsibility. Ask for his advice on what to do, or is this a totally bad idea?

I have thought about that but I don't know that it is a good idea. :D

:D

Yup.

Irish, you are a complete idiot. I've bit my tongue about you long enough. While your profession and decision to stay sober are commendable, you have to turn and make posts like this:

Enough of you. I'm starting to see why Grits (and others) have chosen to ignore you.

+1

Got one many years ago when I was living in New Jersey. Jersey has very tough drunk driving laws. The attorney told me it would be easier to get me out of a felony than a DUI charge. The only chance we had was to check to see of the officer was certified to administer the breathalyzer, and to make sure the breathalyzer had been calibrated as per the requirements. Once that checked out, I was shot. The only thing the lawyer could do was get me the minimum, which he did, which was some fines and loss of license for 6 months. Yep, first offense and I lost my license for 6 months. No conditional license, no nothing. When I asked the judge how I was supposed to go to work, he told me I should have thought of that before I drove drunk. I guess he was right. :D

Good behavior and a good attorney will bet you the minimum, anything else and you're taking a risk imo.

Got one many years ago when I was living in New Jersey. Jersey has very tough drunk driving laws. The attorney told me it would be easier to get me out of a felony than a DUI charge. The only chance we had was to check to see of the officer was certified to administer the breathalyzer, and to make sure the breathalyzer had been calibrated as per the requirements. Once that checked out, I was shot. The only thing the lawyer could do was get me the minimum, which he did, which was some fines and loss of license for 6 months. Yep, first offense and I lost my license for 6 months. No conditional license, no nothing. When I asked the judge how I was supposed to go to work, he told me I should have thought of that before I drove drunk. I guess he was right. :D

Good behavior and a good attorney will bet you the minimum, anything else and you're taking a risk imo.

yup

Wow, I didn't even see the post with the smilies. Irish, I'm starting to think those that think negatively about you are correct, no matter how great you tell me you are in 'real life'.

+1

Keep reading...keep reading... you're almost there.