[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Three Idaho Soldiers Killed in Iraq

KICK A$$ BLASTER

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is terrible ... I pray for them and their families

As do I. No politics, but the war is wrong on so many levels! :D I hope and pray that we can get our boys out of there. :D

it's sad because many of the the soldiers killed are very young

they all had great lives ahead of them and now they're over

Not only that but if you've fought in a war and do make it through, it can still change your life forever. In some ways positive, and other ways negative.

Link...

I'm not sure why this is bothering so much. But I guess when you have other life issues these events seem to get pushed to the back of things you want to think about...

My cousin is in the same battalion as these guys....

Well, now I need to put my kids to bed...

:D

It should always bother us. Peace to their families and all those who have lost loved ones in battle.

Not only that but if you've fought in a war and do make it through, it can still change your life forever. In some ways positive, and other ways negative.

ALL my buds from Vietnam came back negative virtually no postives! Too many long stories to tell. I hope and pray for them everyday! I'm not a religious man, by most standards, but DAMN the people who send them to hopeless meaningless wars! :D

ALL my buds from Vietnam came back negative virtually no postives! Too many long stories to tell. I hope and pray for them everyday! I'm not a religious man, by most standards, but DAMN the people who send them to hopeless meaningless wars! :D

I see where your anger is coming from, but the times are different. During the Vietnam war the U.S. held a draft and forced people to join the military. In today's military every single soldier, Marine, etc. joined because they wanted to do something for their country. They chose to be in the military and risked the chance to be in a war.

Hating our president because he made a decision to go to war (a decision that many people sided with when it first started, including many democrats) doesn't take away from the fact that it's the enemy that we should be looking down upon and putting most of our focus towards. I say DAMN the enemy that innocently kills our service members.

For me, here is a quick positive that I got from becoming a young war vet in our country: I put myself on the line to do something that I felt would better our country, and more importantly our world.

A negative... I'm still in therapy. :D

:bash:

Volunteer or draft, it makes no difference. War should be the very last resort when all else has been tried and completely failed.

nowadays, it seems to be the first option. Then once a great number of people have been killed, we resort to diplomatic talks to try and smooth things over

I'm not that good with politics and diplomacy so I'm not sure how we should go about dealing with terrorists, but i think the war in Iraq may have been avoided (or more likely, delayed) if we had just taken the time to talk with them before sending our forces in

I have no doubt there were a number of things involved with President Bush's decision to go into Iraq, including economic reasons, and possibly past situations with Saddam. In fact, the war in Iraq could easily have been delayed. But in my opinion, if we massed troops in Afghanistan instead of Iraq we'd still be fighting the same terrorists. It's just a matter of which country we decided to do it in. And after 9/11 we absolutely HAD to do something. We didn't want to sit on our ass hoping they didn't do it again... or else... we'll wave our finger again. We had to take action.

I just think it's much easier for people to step back and go against the war than it is for President Bush to do. Why? Because think of what every person fighting over in Iraq would think to themselves if President Bush came out announcing the war is wrong, everyone who is dying and will die in Iraq did so for nothing. A lost cause. That would be weak.

I have no doubt there were a number of things involved with President Bush's decision to go into Iraq, including economic reasons, and possibly past situations with Saddam. In fact, the war in Iraq could easily have been delayed. But in my opinion, if we massed troops in Afghanistan instead of Iraq we'd still be fighting the same terrorists. It's just a matter of which country we decided to do it in. And after 9/11 we absolutely HAD to do something. We didn't want to sit on our ass hoping they didn't do it again... or else... we'll wave our finger again. We had to take action.

I just think it's much easier for people to step back and go against the war than it is for President Bush to do. Why? Because think of what every person fighting over in Iraq would think to themselves if President Bush came out announcing the war is wrong, everyone who is dying and will die in Iraq did so for nothing. A lost cause. That would be weak.

that's the problem, it's too late for him to say that this war was a mistake because then all those men and women would have died in vain. Now he has to make sure to follow through with his actions

I'm not that good with politics and diplomacy so I'm not sure how we should go about dealing with terrorists, but i think the war in Iraq may have been avoided (or more likely, delayed) if we had just taken the time to talk with them before sending our forces in

I heard an interesting bit this week about middle eastern culture. It is their custom to bluff. I read a journal article about a communication scholar that tried to help the US negotiate with Saddam before the first Gulf War. It was his opinion that Saddam really didn't think we'd actually invade his country. :D

That's the tricky thing about international relations. It's tough to negotiate with people when you assume that they think like you do. It took us decades for us to learn that about the Soviets. They have a different way of thinking about things, but we're damn near twins with the Soviets compared to the fanatical Islamists. There is simply not much common ground between us. We'd like a stable middle east to ensure a regulated and regular oil supply and they'd like nothing more than to bring the US economy to its knees. I think it is as simple as that.

It didn't take us decades to learn about the soviets, it took us 4 years as their ally. But we were a quick study back then.

:DWe weren't worried about them during WWII. We developed more than a few concerns about what they meant in their military and political posturing once the cold war began.