[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

'No coddling of Vick'

kingfish247

True, but allowing him to change only the direction of the run plays as Knapp did is hardly allowing the offense any freedom to adjust.

If he walks up to the line with a run play to the right and the D is showing 8 men committed to the run then changing it to the left will do very little.

He was never allowed to audible a pass from a run or vice versa. I know it's just one example but towards the end of the season Vick began calling audibles without permission. In the Washington game, Vick audibled the TD pass to Jenkins. After that game came his stupid quote "sometimes you have to overcome coaching."

Knapp never even allowed them to run no-huddle very often unless it was a 2 minute drill or trailing late. Vick has always looked more comfortable in a no-huddle. Cincy ran a nice no-huddle so hopefully Jackson brings some of that to ATL. As an aside, it's really no coincidence that some of the best conventional QBs in the league use the no-huddle on a regular basis.

I can certainly understand the reluctance in allowing a QB that can't read defenses or pass the ball to audible to a pass play.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you go here, I think you could have some fun.

http://www.mikevick.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

The Huddle is already too full of people who hang off of Vick's sac ... so blind that no matter how hard Vick sucks as a QB they will be here to apologize for him and make excuses.

I can't imagine why I would ever want to frequent a forum dedicated soley to hanging off Vick's sac. I'm not surprise you hang out there though.

The Huddle is already too full of people who hang off of Vick's sac ... so blind that no matter how hard Vick sucks as a QB they will be here to apologize for him and make excuses.

I can't imagine why I would ever want to frequent a forum dedicated soley to hanging off Vick's sac. I'm not surprise you hang out there though.

Yeah I love giving my opinion to people that have no idea what the hell they are talking about. After all I am talking to you.