[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heroes

The Irish Doggy

Finally watched last night's episode. I'm confused along with everyone else on the Mrs. Petrelli issue. My only guess is maybe that was not Mrs. Petrelli at all, but instead the shapeshifter woman. :D

I really didn't think it was that good..

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally watched last night's episode. I'm confused along with everyone else on the Mrs. Petrelli issue. My only guess is maybe that was not Mrs. Petrelli at all, but instead the shapeshifter woman. :D

no way. shapeshifter was in vegas with micah.

i never thought about micah being used by linderman to rig voting machines. (however, nyc still uses levers. :D )

ok, here's my theory: linderman, mrs petrelli, et al really don't want the bomb to go off. instead, they're using it as a ploy to lure sylar to new york to kill him. linderman, an art restorer, will fix hiro's sword so he can kill sylar.

no way. shapeshifter was in vegas with micah.

i never thought about micah being used by linderman to rig voting machines. (however, nyc still uses levers. :D )

I thought Micah already traveled to NYC, because DL and Jessica saw the painting of Micah in a burning NYC and it was relatively easy to get into Linderman's place in Vegas. Either way, I don't think the shapeshifter was Mrs. Pitrelli - we know she is stationed with Micah until otherwise assigned by the phone conversation she had in the episode.

I think Micah can rig mechanical machines as well as electronic machines, but now that you say that, it would be impractical to rig individual booths. Must be something more centralized if my hypothesis is right.

I keep going back to the central mantra of the show - 'save the cheerleader, save the world.' It has a few implications:

1) I think Mrs. Petrelli is trying to keep her safe from Sylar, not necessarily from Linderman.

2) The reason Peter keeps working her to stay in NY vs. Paris is that he knows he is the only one who can protect her from Sylar. Why? Well...

3) Peter has ultimately a little more mojo than Sylar, in that he can absorb other heroes' powers just by close proximity - not having to cut them up like Sylar. Shouldn't this mean he can absorb all of Sylar's powers if he gets close enough? The challenge for him is to control them before they kill him...

4) If Peter can retain all those new powers without close proximity, he's way cool; but if not, he would need them all close to do battle with Sylar. Which could explain why they all appear in the street before the explosion in his dreams...

5) There is only one spot - in the back of the head - where the cheerleader's power can't help her. But apparently the 'killing object' can be removed at any time later, and she (or Peter, Sylar, et al) can be resurrected. Scary scenario: even if Sylar is ultimately killed with a sword or a bullet, he's not really done as long as he somehow kills Peter and absorbs his powers first. So the cheerleader could still be alive, and someone could bring Sylar back in Season 2 (?) Yikes...

6) Molly Walker and/or the Haitian - I figure either one can stop Sylar (the former with her diseased blood and the latter through his brain wave power.) But they imply the Haitian can't do it, if Molly is truly the 'only one'. Haven't seen the Haitian in awhile, but does Sylar kill him? If so, then Sylar would also have the power to stop/slow the powers of the others. But didn't it seem that way already last night, when he negated Hiros' power to stop time and prevent his own death? Yikes again...

7) Here's a possible future twist - what if Peter could somehow also gain the power to selectively 'push' one or all of his powers to others, or if a new hero surfaces (next season maybe) who can do this? Whoa, then he could create another superpowerful hero just before he dies, if necessary.

Man, too many possibilities to explore. But the show could go in many different directions, even after this season is over. I'll keep watching....

I keep going back to the central mantra of the show - 'save the cheerleader, save the world.' It has a few implications:

1) I think Mrs. Petrelli is trying to keep her safe from Sylar, not necessarily from Linderman.

2) The reason Peter keeps working her to stay in NY vs. Paris is that he knows he is the only one who can protect her from Sylar. Why? Well...

3) Peter has ultimately a little more mojo than Sylar, in that he can absorb other heroes' powers just by close proximity - not having to cut them up like Sylar. Shouldn't this mean he can absorb all of Sylar's powers if he gets close enough? The challenge for him is to control them before they kill him...

4) If Peter can retain all those new powers without close proximity, he's way cool; but if not, he would need them all close to do battle with Sylar. Which could explain why they all appear in the street before the explosion in his dreams...

5) There is only one spot - in the back of the head - where the cheerleader's power can't help her. But apparently the 'killing object' can be removed at any time later, and she (or Peter, Sylar, et al) can be resurrected. Scary scenario: even if Sylar is ultimately killed with a sword or a bullet, he's not really done as long as he somehow kills Peter and absorbs his powers first. So the cheerleader could still be alive, and someone could bring Sylar back in Season 2 (?) Yikes...

6) Molly Walker and/or the Haitian - I figure either one can stop Sylar (the former with her diseased blood and the latter through his brain wave power.) But they imply the Haitian can't do it, if Molly is truly the 'only one'. Haven't seen the Haitian in awhile, but does Sylar kill him? If so, then Sylar would also have the power to stop/slow the powers of the others. But didn't it seem that way already last night, when he negated Hiros' power to stop time and prevent his own death? Yikes again...

7) Here's a possible future twist - what if Peter could somehow also gain the power to selectively 'push' one or all of his powers to others, or if a new hero surfaces (next season maybe) who can do this? Whoa, then he could create another superpowerful hero just before he dies, if necessary.

Man, too many possibilities to explore. But the show could go in many different directions, even after this season is over. I'll keep watching....

Holy Schnikes Batman............ That's too much for me to even think about...... :D:D:tup::doh::D

Regarding Hiro's failure to behead Sylar: I don't think Sylar stopped him at all. I think Hiro is still struggling to master his power. The sword was supposed to help. But I think Hiro's hesitation in not wanting to kill Sylar because of the bushido code (or whatever it is called) came into play. Remember he told Ando he couldn't kill someone who was asking for forgiveness. I think he stopped himself because he just couldn't fully commit to the act.