[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs Jarad Allen wants to be traded

Sgt. Ryan

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2779135

Updated: Feb. 25, 2007, 6:48 PM ET

Chiefs DE Allen tells newspaper he wants out of K.C.ESPN.com news services

Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen has yet to be offered a long-term contract and has requested to be traded.

AllenAllen told the Kansas City Star on Saturday that he wanted to finish his career with the Chiefs, but the club hasn't offered the restricted free agent a contract.

"I feel shocked and hurt." Allen told the Star. "Requesting a trade was probably the toughest thing I've had to do. It's nothing personal against the town of Kansas City and the fans. It's been great. [but] it doesn't look like my future is going to be there, and I have to accept that. That's why this is so hard. All the hard work I've put in, the blood, sweat and tears … I wanted to finish my career there. I was led to believe I was going to."

The Chiefs turned down Allen's request for a trade and president/general manager Carl Peterson said the club plans to tender Allen on Thursday, according to the report. Thursday is the deadline for teams to submit qualifying offers to restricted free agents.

Chiefs spokesman Bob Moore could not immediately confirm the report Sunday when contacted by The Associated Press.

However, Moore said, "It's my understanding that we have no intentions of trading Jared Allen."

Allen has 27½ sacks in his three NFL season and led the league with six fumble recoveries in 2006.

Allen's agent, Ken Harris, told the Star that the Chiefs plan to high tender Allen. Kansas City would receive a first and third round draft choice if another team signed him to an offer sheet. If that happens, Allen, would earn $2.35 million as a high tender in 2007 according to the Star.

"His production has outpaced everyone else on the defensive line exponentially," Harris said.

Harris confirmed to The AP that the sides were still far apart on a long-term deal, but declined to offer specifics.

Peterson also noted that even though Allen's two DUI convictions -- the second earlier this month in Leawood, Kan. -- factored into the contract process, he still wanted Allen on the team.

"There's always a risk," Peterson told The Star. "And we haven't found out yet from the National Football League how much of a suspension they're going to give him [in 2007].

"He's a very good football player. But he's also a young man at risk, and we know that, and so does the National Football League. We're trying to work out something that makes sense, and hopefully that will be done."

Moore said he could not discuss specifics.

"With repeated DUIs, there's always a risk that those things will end in a league punishment of some sort," he said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

He definitely has a leg to stand on here, but with his legal problems, it's a rather wobbly leg. He's a stud, yes... but he needs to show the brass some assurance he'll actually be able to play, not in a courtroom or jail cell.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This guy is such a tool. And he has the tools to be good. But his brain tool is overmatched by his physical tools, thus he is a brainless tool.

No offense CD, but someone named Chief Dick calling someone a brainless tool is just funny to me for some reason.... :D:D:tup:

Love ya!!