[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ACC Hoops Final Weekend of Regular Season.

PantherDave

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on topic-Has Maryland locked up the #4 seed regardless if BC wins? I beleive this to be the case :D .

C'mon PD...at least look at the standings. BC is a half game ahead of the Terps with one to play and BC beat Maryland in their only matchup this year so I think BC has the tiebreaker even if they lose to GT tomorrow.

C'mon PD...at least look at the standings. BC is a half game ahead of the Terps with one to play and BC beat Maryland in their only matchup this year so I think BC has the tiebreaker even if they lose to GT tomorrow.

You mean UMD is a half game ahead?

Given the debate on league history on the previuos page of this thread, I found this link interesting.

41 :D of the 53 tournament winners from North Carolina. State was really a 50's era team more than anything, and even though Dook has been King of the Hill for that last 15 years or so, they made a decent amount of noise in the 60's.

Sadly, my Cav's have only one and it wasn't from the Sampson years.

Agreed. If Dook wins on Sunday, then MD moves ahead of UNC, but otherwise the Terps finish 5th.

See that is the fine line here...I hate UNC and Duke, but I like K and Roy. So, I respect K immensley. I really wish you could head over Cat next year and catch a game in Durham, Raleigh and Chapel Hill, I think then you'd have a better understanding of life in the ACC.

Also, while UNC and Duke just hate each other guts due to the proximity...this superhyped rivalry was created in the 90's and had more credence because of Duke becoming just as prominent as UNC...this did not happen until the 90's. I hope Billay will concur this, but while Duke is enemy #1, the bigger "game" in the 60's, 70's and 80's was the game with NC State. Duke was a mere gnat to the Heels in 70's and 80's. It's also my case and point-Duke until 1990 was a 2nd and at time 3rd tier program, while you may not care about the "past" of the ACC or NCAA B Ball....just 17 years of prominence? As the Heels (the respect/hate thing again), have been doing it since 1952...so as for NC State, they were prominent in the ACC for 40 yrs, and up until 1990 had a winning conference record against every team in the ACC except North Carolina.

PD - to be clear, I respect the hell outta the ACC, Coach K, D Smith, Jimmie V, Roy, the tradition of the league- all of it. There is no basketabll conference like it really. I was just echoing a post on NC State homers maybe overstating their progaams "return to prominance" just a bit - that's all. You obviously know the history very well, was just popping off some earlier - no worries.

But since you are up on NCAA hoops history- then you know the King of College Basketball resides out west in the Pac 10 with UCLA.

But since you are up on NCAA hoops history- then you know the King of College Basketball resides out west in the Pac 10 with UCLA.

Speaking of another program who's heyday was in the past....

:D

I would like to say Congrats to UVa for a great year, and DL deserves ACC COY and should get some votes, if not when Natl. COY :D

...also, what in the hell happened to Clemson :D ....oh, that's right..conference play. The fact that this team may miss the dance is astonishing considering where they were at the beginning of Januaury.

It will be interesting to see how team depth plays into the tourney this year. Having to play 4 days in a row could really hurt teams like Duke, State. They could play spoiler in the early rounds, but I really think they don't have the depth to go all the way.

It will be interesting to see how team depth plays into the tourney this year. Having to play 4 days in a row could really hurt teams like Duke, State. They could play spoiler in the early rounds, but I really think they don't have the depth to go all the way.

It will be a hugh factor, as State does not have the gas to make it until Sunday. I'd just love to knock Duke out on Friday....baby steps this year Billay.

I would like to say Congrats to UVa for a great year, and DL deserves ACC COY and should get some votes, if not when Natl. COY :D

Many thanks for the praise, and as I said earlier, this has been a great season. However, at some point I believe all UVA fans have got to stop with the "well we did better than anyone thought we would" attitude. If this program ever wants to get back into to the top tier of the conference (Consistently) then the complacency has got to go. I for one believe DL is a coach that can move us on upward!

As for today, this is what I will be rooting for...

CLEMSON, BOSTON COLLEGE, AND NORTH CAROLINA WIN

UVa, BC, and UNC tie for first place at 11-5; North Carolina (2-0 in the mini-conference) is the 1 seed, Boston College (1-1) the 2, and UVa (0-2) the 3. Virginia Tech and Maryland tie for 4th at 10-6, but VPI takes the tiebreaker and the Terps play on Thursday. Duke is the 6 seed at 8-8. Georgia Tech, Florida State, and Clemson are in a 3-way tie for 7th place at 7-9; Georgia Tech and Clemson are both 3-1 in the mini-conference, but Clemson gets the 7 seed by virtue of their 2-3 record versus the three-headed first-place monster, whereas GT is only 1-2 and gets to wear white in the 8 vs. 9 game against FSU.

I think the 3 seed is the best place for UVA to be right now. I would root for all upsets in hopes of getting the 1 seed. However, even if I thought that was possible, I wouldn't want to get he 1 seed that way, we don't deserve it losing to both WF and da'U

Many thanks for the praise, and as I said earlier, this has been a great season. However, at some point I believe all UVA fans have got to stop with the "well we did better than anyone thought we would" attitude. If this program ever wants to get back into to the top tier of the conference (Consistently) then the complacency has got to go. I for one believe DL is a coach that can move us on upward!

Careful, the Duke and Carolina fan's get testy when this type of talk is brought up :D

Sorry ViG, I was suckered by the announcer yesterday.

Great find!! Her's what I want.

VIRGINIA TECH, BOSTON COLLEGE, AND DUKE WIN

The three-way tie at 11-5 is broken by mini-conference records, with VPI (3-1) slotted first, Boston College (1-2 with a win over UVa) second BC (2-1) getting the 1 seed, VPI (2-2) seeded second, and UVa (1-2) third. North Carolina and Maryland tie for 4th at 10-6, with Maryland taking the 4 seed because of their head-to-head win over Carolina. Duke is the 6 seed at 8-8. Georgia Tech and FSU tie for 7th place at 7-9, but GT swept the season series, so the Jackets are the 7 seed. FSU plays 9-seed Clemson (6-10).

Great find!! Her's what I want.

VIRGINIA TECH, BOSTON COLLEGE, AND DUKE WIN

The three-way tie at 11-5 is broken by mini-conference records, with VPI (3-1) slotted first, Boston College (1-2 with a win over UVa) second BC (2-1) getting the 1 seed, VPI (2-2) seeded second, and UVa (1-2) third. North Carolina and Maryland tie for 4th at 10-6, with Maryland taking the 4 seed because of their head-to-head win over Carolina. Duke is the 6 seed at 8-8. Georgia Tech and FSU tie for 7th place at 7-9, but GT swept the season series, so the Jackets are the 7 seed. FSU plays 9-seed Clemson (6-10).

Same results for UVA as my preferred scenario, I just can bring myself to root for the Turkies!!!