[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

An explanation of expectations.

PantherDave

When I/we Wolf Pack nation speak of "return to prominence", then what we refer to is the talent and consistencey of the Norm Sloan and Jimmy V Wolf Pack teams. Look, I've lived in North Carolina all my life, and took in my first ACC game in 1973 in Reynolds Coliseum, and we do not mean besting Carolina, becoming better etc.. . We do however expect to get back to the above mentioned era's levels...a consistent top 15-20 program year in and year out (Sloan's and V's teams rarley if ever fell outta the top 25), the talent and potential to win regular season titles and ACC Tournaments, and the confines in Raleigh once again one of the toughest places to play and get a W, for none of this is foriegn ground to NC State at all. The King of the Mountain is the Tar Heels....and they always will be in the ACC, for I learned that along time ago.

.....and why do we feel this way? Because, around 17 yrs ago I/we, the university, the trustees, former players, alumni and current students made a promise to a man called Jimmy V....we will not give up, we will never give up.

When I/we Wolf Pack nation speak of "return to prominence", then what we refer to is the talent and consistencey of the Norm Sloan and Jimmy V Wolf Pack teams. Look, I've lived in North Carolina all my life, and took in my first ACC game in 1973 in Reynolds Coliseum, and we do not mean besting Carolina, becoming better etc.. . We do however expect to get back to the above mentioned era's levels...a consistent top 15-20 program year in and year out (Sloan's and V's teams rarley if ever fell outta the top 25), the talent and potential to win regular season titles and ACC Tournaments, and the confines in Raleigh once again one of the toughest places to play and get a W, for none of this is foriegn ground to NC State at all. The King of the Mountain is the Tar Heels....and they always will be in the ACC, for I learned that along time ago.

Well said PD. There is really no reason that State won't get back to consistent top 25 status with Lowe and RBC center, etc. We all know that the ACC is the best b'ball conf., we just get tired of Adam Golds callers and rabid State alum (several of my friends) that insist state did, and should now, dominate the national scene. I was really upset when the fans essentially ran Herb out of town given his success and continued improvement. In fact, he had them to what I would consider a consistent top 25 team and that wasn't good enough. Oh well, it appears to have worked out for the better with Lowe.

I'm a Syracuse fan, and we've had some great teams over the years. But hell, when we have a couple off years (like now), we don't run dang Boheim out of town. Although I'm pretty pissed he couldn't get the Paulus brothers to stay home...

Well said PD. There is really no reason that State won't get back to consistent top 25 status with Lowe and RBC center, etc. We all know that the ACC is the best b'ball conf., we just get tired of Adam Golds callers and rabid State alum (several of my friends) that insist state did, and should now, dominate the national scene. I was really upset when the fans essentially ran Herb out of town given his success and continued improvement. In fact, he had them to what I would consider a consistent top 25 team and that wasn't good enough. Oh well, it appears to have worked out for the better with Lowe.

I'm a Syracuse fan, and we've had some great teams over the years. But hell, when we have a couple off years (like now), we don't run dang Boheim out of town. Although I'm pretty pissed he couldn't get the Paulus brothers to stay home...

I liked Herb as well, but in Raleigh, the record ,as Billay said, vs the two Blues just did not cut it. Herb rebuilt the program from the ground up, as Les Robinson just made it worse. I will be forever grateful to him, but we needed Lowe..a player now Coach with a true sense of the "pulse" of the Wolf Pack Nation. I truly feel Lowe will get us back to Sloan/Valvano Wolf Pack B Ball. We never "dominated" the national scene year in and year out, but ya better believe we were a full fledge member until the hammer came down.

Tru dat. And look at A State :D

In Herb's defense, he does have the Sun Devils as one of the best defensive teams in the Pac 10, but their offensive fire power still is holding them down, but he did actually get some improvement....and that's Herb, as they should be a little better next year.