[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Fourth Annual Huddle Chess Debacle

billay

Allright. It's time to roll.

In an effort to make the debacle as balanced as possible this year, I divided the players into 2 groups. The first group I am fairly familiar with. They have played in debacles past and some have participated in the Huddle Chess Ladder. I am confident that the players in this group are seasoned Chess players.

The second group are mostly newcomers. I do not know how good you are at chess and how often you play. It may be that some of you are talented players, but i didn't have any way at knowing that.

Here are the Groups:

Group A

Caveman Nick

Skylive5

billay

Sunysteelfly76

The Irish Doggy

broncos05

Buffalo Wings

Group B

wcd80

Egret

Vote Quimby2

untateve (for Hugh One)

Perchoutofwater

DemonKnight

Timmypg

**wcd480, I know you played in the ladder, but I only needed 1 more player for group A and both you and Buffalo were there. He was ahead of you in the ladder, so he got the spot.**

Every participant will play 2 players from Group A and two players from group B. This way, we have at least some assurance that you will see a variety of skill levels. (The reason for the groupings was I tried to do the pairings randomly and 1 player ended up with matches against Nick, Skylive, Suny and myself,which I know to be unfair.)

Here are the matchups:

Caveman Nick: 1-1 Suny - broncos05(w) - wcd480 - unta(L)

Skylive5: 2-0 billay - Buffalo Wings(w) - VQ2 - Egret(w)

billay: Sky - Doggy - Egret - wcd

Suny: 1-0 Nick - Perch - Buffalo(w) - Demon

Doggy: broncos - billay - Timmy - VQ2

broncos: 1-1 Doggy - Nick(L) - Perch - Demon(w)

Buffalo: 1-3 Timmy(w) - Sky(L) - Suny(L) - unta(L)

wcd: Timmy - VQ2 - Nick - billay

Egret: 0-2-1 unta(L) - Timmy(d) - billay - sky(L)

VQ2: Demon - wcd - Skylive - Doggy

untateve: 3-0 Egret(W) - Perch - Buffalo(w) - Nick(W)

Perch: unta - Suny - broncos - Demon

Demon: 0-1 VQ2 - Perch - broncos(L) - Suny

Timmy: 0-1-1 Buffalo(L) - wcd - Doggy - Egret(d)

Games are to be played at Yahoo Games . Games are not timed, but please endeavor to keep things moving. There also is no specific time limit to finish all your matches, but obviously, the sooner the better. I am not assigning who plays which color here and will leave that for the players to determine for themselves, but everyone should try to play 2 matches as white and 2 as black.

It is customary to post scheduled matches and move lists here in this thread (there is a function @ yahoo to have the move list emailed to you) so that others may come and watch if they wish.

Once all the games have been played, the top 6 will move on to a round robin. The person with the most points at the end of this round will be our new champion.

I will update the results as they come in.

Any questions?

Edited by billay

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to do this if you run something in the summer--I just can't commit the time now and didn't want to drag down the process. My question--is it possible to watch some of the games as they happen?

My other question--does my previous question make me a loser who needs to get a life?

I'd like to do this if you run something in the summer--I just can't commit the time now and didn't want to drag down the process. My question--is it possible to watch some of the games as they happen?

My other question--does my previous question make me a loser who needs to get a life?

Yes, and yes. :D

Unta, before the matches begin, people will post where they are playing. (which yahoo room and which table) It is possible to log into their game and talk to them. At times there will be 5 or 6 of us watching an ongoing match. It's fun. I've gotten to know many huddlers this way.

skylive5: billay - Buffalo Wings - VQ2 - Egret

For those of you that don't know where Bremerton, WA is... LOL .... it is on the West Coast.

When I talk about times I will talk about Pacific Time. So please let me know if you are talking about some other time than Pacific Time.

I am available for games pretty much anytime after 4AM. (I need a couple of cups of coffee before playing.) I am not available for games after 8PM.

Weekends are good... but if a time during the week is asked for... I will be here.

skylive5: billay - Buffalo Wings - VQ2 - Egret

For those of you that don't know where Bremerton, WA is... LOL .... it is on the West Coast.

When I talk about times I will talk about Pacific Time. So please let me know if you are talking about some other time than Pacific Time.

I am available for games pretty much anytime after 4AM. (I need a couple of cups of coffee before playing.) I am not available for games after 8PM.

Weekends are good... but if a time during the week is asked for... I will be here.

sky and I play coffee and robe chess :D