[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Fourth Annual Huddle Chess Debacle

billay

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I know we are looking for someone else to jump in for votequimby, I'm going to post a game I just had with my 10yr old (first game we've played with absolutely no help from me and no "take backs." also, I'm kind of bragging because I feel he played a pretty good game and had the lead for awhile...he just left his king side rook out of the attack after he had developed a lead.).

white = untateve's son

black = untateve

1 e2-e4...g8-f6

2 b1-c3...g7-g6

3 g1-f3...f8-g7

4 d2-d4...d7-d6

5 f1-c4...0-0

6 0-0...b8-c6

7 c1-f4...c8-g4

8 e4-e5...d6xe5

9 d4xe5...f6-d7

10 f1-e1...d7xe5

11 f4xe5...c6xe5

12 d1xd8...a8xd8

13 f3xe5...g4-e6

14 c4xe6...f7xe6

15 f2-f4...f8xf4

16c3-b5...f4-f5

17 b5xc7...g7xe5

18 c7xe6...d8-d2

19 c2-c3...e5-d6

20 e6-d4...f5-f2

21 d4-f3...f2xg2+

22 g1-f1...g2-f2+

23 f1-g1...f2Xf3

24 c3-c4...d2xh2

25 c4-c5...h2-h5??

26 c5Xd6...f3-f4

27 d6-d7...h5-g5+

28 g1-h1...f4-g4++

I originally did not join the Debacle because I thought my schedule to busy and I didn't want to drag you all down. Little did I know that in relation to several of you, I am living the life of a carefree gentleman taking ease in my repose.

I am feeling somewhat guilty over the free time I fritter away while I imagine the active and busy calendars that are your lives. Can I offer assistance? Perhaps I could make some telephone calls to some of your various associates? Or help you develop an organizational strategy (For example--I tend to bring my lunch to work. I usually make all of my sandwiches for the week on Sunday evening. In so doing, I only have to bring out the meat, cheese and condiments one. I save at least 5-10 minutes each week in this way)? Although Rachel Ray makes me want to vomit, many of her 30-minute meals recipes are easy and quite good. Mayhap you could pick up one of her books and save yourself some time in the evening. It is my understanding that broncos is in high school--I think perhaps I could convince him to come by and perform some of your landscaping duties for a few extra dollars. Honest high school boys are always looking to earn some money. I would volunteer but I have problems with yard work. I think this goes back to my father's obsession with his f'n lawn but we all have our issues.

How can I help? Please do not worry over taking advantage of me. It is only my joy in serving that matters. Not one of you is heavy, you are my chess brothers.

I originally did not join the Debacle because I thought my schedule to busy and I didn't want to drag you all down. Little did I know that in relation to several of you, I am living the life of a carefree gentleman taking ease in my repose.

Why is it always the new guy that complains that this takes a couple of months or so before it doesn't end?

Sheeeeesh! :D

:D

I'm having problems with Yahoo. I get three moves into the game and am getting a script error, that freezes the screen. I've been trying to figure out what to do get it to work right, but have not been able to do so. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm having problems with Yahoo. I get three moves into the game and am getting a script error, that freezes the screen. I've been trying to figure out what to do get it to work right, but have not been able to do so. Anyone have any suggestions?

Is there another site we can use?

Do you have a different computer you can try to use?

• 2 weeks later...