[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The ACC Tournament Thread

PantherDave

that's ball game

congrats PD...Pack is now 12 -2 against UVA in the tourney

John, I'm frankly shocked to be quite honest with you. How they picked it up on the defensive and shot 70% in the second half is mind boggling. Thanks for showing class is an obvious painful situation :D .

Well, we get either VT or Wake-still tuff because we would have to beat either one for the third time this year. However, we are in the semi's with a chance to play on Sunday-at this point I could ask for nothing more from the Pack. There was a little bit of the V philosophy drawn up by Lowe-get the better team in foul trouble by attacking the paint.

...and in the infamous words of Jimmy V-"Survive and Advance", GO WOLFPACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, I'm frankly shocked to be quite honest with you. How they picked it up on the defensive and shot 70% in the second half is mind boggling. Thanks for showing class is an obvious painful situation :D .

Well, we get either VT or Wake-still tuff because we would have to beat either one for the third time this year. However, we are in the semi's with a chance to play on Sunday-at this point I could ask for nothing more from the Pack. There was a little bit of the V philosophy drawn up by Lowe-get the better team in foul trouble by attacking the paint.

...and in the infamous words of Jimmy V-"Survive and Advance", GO WOLFPACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnson is the last name.

We need some post play something awful. Unfortunately UVA lived and died by their perimeter play this season. Tonite we DIED!

johnson is the last name.

We need some post play something awful. Unfortunately UVA lived and died by their perimeter play this season. Tonite we DIED!

Then I'll call ya K2-UVa will make a deep run in the dance-god, I'm beat again :D . Thanks for the congrats, and like I said K2-nothing but class my man-Peace PD.

Edited by PantherDave

Enough of the reverse psychology already! :D We wcan't allow Rice to go career again tomorrow and expect a win. We have the bodies to bang with you guys, but we can't let ourselves get intimidated. I have no doubt that you guys will try to rough up Tyler too. We're going to have to get tough.

Don't try to spin it around on me......BC can't possibly matchup with UNC. They'll try to slow down the pace and control the boards but UNC is just too tough all around. Good luck. I know we'll need it.

Well it's semi-final Saturday in the ACC with the Heels and BC set to do battle at 1:30 and the Pack vs the Hokies at 4:00. The ACC Final Four with two of the old gaurd playing two of our newer brethren. It's going to be another day of great basketball and I would like to wish all good luck and good health to the teams, and may the best team on this weekend win it all.

That would be UNC....we don't want that.

Good luck all.

If you notice, VIG, he said may the best team this weekend. Methinks that was not by accident and specifically not a reference to UNC.

UNC might be the best team this weekend, but they have to show up today.

ETA: We all know that BC is paying some of the best basketball in the country right now. :D

Edited by billay

BIG win for the Heels, as they never really let BC get in the game. :D We're starting to show some spunk again and playing a little defense. When we play D, the rest of the league better watch out.

Good game VIG. That was a little bit of payback for last year.

I have no preference as to who we play tomorrow. I'd like to avenge our 2 losses to VT, but I'd also like to put PD and his ilk in their place. :D

Good Luck PD.

BIG win for the Heels, as they never really let BC get in the game. :D We're starting to show some spunk again and playing a little defense. When we play D, the rest of the league better watch out.

Good game VIG. That was a little bit of payback for last year.

I have no preference as to who we play tomorrow. I'd like to avenge our 2 losses to VT, but I'd also like to put PD and his ilk in their place. :D

Good Luck PD.

Well, you will get your chance, and you know me- I would not have it any other way. This is the game in the semis I wanted, as I feel VT is grossly over-rated. Also, if they played 10 times I feel the Pack would take at least 8 of them. The Heels and the Pack playing for all the marbles-the way it's suppose to be. I'm ready to rumble baby-so tomorrow B and Good Luck my Brutha.

In the infamous words of Jimmy V-Survive and Advance!!! GO WOLFPACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's funny. That was not the same Va Tech team we played either time. State was clearly out of gas with about 5 minutes to play and VT didn't seem to want to win at all. They were flat, unemotional and couldn't shoot worth a darn. How many front ends of 1-and1's did they miss in the final 5 minutes?

State is playing good, controlled basketball and they are playing within themselves. I'm just not sure how much gas they have left in the tank.

Tomorrow will pit the depest, most rested team against the thinnest, most exhausted one. I like our odds. We are playing well and it will take a monumental collapse by the Heels and a herculean effort on State's part to win tomorrow.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but as I said, I like the Heel's chances. Enjoy your victory tonight PD and good luck tomorrow.

Edited by billay

Well, you will get your chance, and you know me- I would not have it any other way. This is the game in the semis I wanted, as I feel VT is grossly over-rated. Also, if they played 10 times I feel the Pack would take at least 8 of them. The Heels and the Pack playing for all the marbles-the way it's suppose to be. I'm ready to rumble baby-so tomorrow B and Good Luck my Brutha.

In the infamous words of Jimmy V-Survive and Advance!!! GO WOLFPACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats again to Pack and PD. Free throws can be everthing in tourney play. Can't wait for the game tomorrow, it shouldn't be any other way. This Lowe fellow is really growing on me.

Even all the way down in Tampa.....the ACC Championship goes through Tobacco Road. Heading out for a belated 40th birthday dinner with some friends from the triangle ( I hit the geritol generation on 3/6/07). So, in the morning B-Good Luck and either way brutha...it aint going back to Durham!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said it earlier this week....and I'll say it again: Four games in four days is to much for any team to overcome. UNC takes this one, but valient effort from NCST.

UNC is very beatable, but the Pack just seems to worn out. Even in the 2nd half against VT, they seemed to be running on fumes.

Yeah, after VT tied it at 82 under 5 minutes to play, State just folded, ahhh they went on a 7-0 run :D . The Pack got a little sloppy for about a minute and a half I'll give ya, but State controlled this game pretty much through-out.

Yeah, after VT tied it at 82 under 5 minutes to play, State just folded, ahhh they went on a 7-0 run :D . The Pack got a little sloppy for about a minute and a half I'll give ya, but State controlled this game pretty much through-out.

Nobody said State folded. VT did. State just looked tired. The game was tied with 7 minutes to play, not less than 5 and VT scored just 2 baskets in the next 6 minutes. Maybe VT ran out of gas too? Maybe they just got frustrated at the slow temp the Pack was forcing on them. Who can say, but VT clearly didn't put any pressure on State, when they were most fatigued, in the final 5 minutes of play.

Nobody said State folded. VT did. State just looked tired. The game was tied with 7 minutes to play, not less than 5 and VT scored just 2 baskets in the next 6 minutes. Maybe VT ran out of gas too? Maybe they just got frustrated at the slow temp the Pack was forcing on them. Who can say, but VT clearly didn't put any pressure on State, when they were most fatigued, in the final 5 minutes of play.

State was up by two possesions with 5 to play and still two possesions with 2 to play, so differnet eyes see different things I guess.

Stat's taken 4 3's in 4 minutes and hit 3 of 'em. That's you're only hope today PD. You'd better hope you shoot 75% today.

The paint is equally a nice place to be-our big men can break down your bigs off the dribble just as easily as your boy's can.