[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NCAA Tourney Official Thread

Vinatieri Is God

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only caught the last 5 minutes of the game but I thought that Duke looked terrible on defense. Did the starters play the entire game because they looked totally exhausted the last 3-5 minutes? Why didn't Coach K substitute defensively to put some pressure on VCU's guards? Paulas played horrible on defense. The VCU point guard penetrated at will. Every shot they had the last two minutes was basically uncontested.

Then with 11.2 seconds left and VCU inbounding the ball at the other end of the floor Coach K puts no pressure on the ball and let's VCU's guards bring the ball up court with no pressure. What's that? I know Duke was "down" this year but I was really disappointed in Coach K and how they finished.

And yes ........ I picked them to win the 1st round but I had them losing the next round to Pittsburgh! First loss in my bracket.

So mad I had to post it twice :D

Damn - you all and "Post Yer Winners" in ur brackets...... :D cmon- who cares???

We all know NCAA pools are NOT won in the first round, they are won as you nail the winners going from the 16-8-4.

BUT, very well done- all of you :D

Are you boys ready tomorrow? Been riding the Big ten with the exception of Purdue vs. Arizona.

Are you boys ready tomorrow? Been riding the Big ten with the exception of Purdue vs. Arizona.

Who knows- they have the talent to blow the Boilers out. BUT I have a feeling it will turn into a Big 10 style grinder possession by possession game the last 5 mintues. BUt yeah, I think they show up and get the W

I think Lute is losing it myself- all of a sudden he is old, and his team doesn't seem to give a rip.

BIG 10 has been tought thus far- no doubt.

My "upset" picks tomorrow:

(10) GA Tech over (7) UNLV

(9) Villanova over (8) Kentucky

(12) Long Beach St over (5) Tennessee

Only 3 "upsets" today. Now for these 3 only tomorrow...

:D

Nova should be seeded higher than Kentucky. It won't be much of an upset. Let's hope that Kentucky falls!

Nova should be seeded higher than Kentucky. It won't be much of an upset. Let's hope that Kentucky falls!

You're right, Kentucky is the underdog as far as the point spread goes. My SEC blood might have got the best of me with the Wildcats since I have them knocking off both Nova and Kansas. :D

Please keep this thread to discussions about the teams and the games. Start a "how are you doing in your pool" thread if you want to let everyone know how great you are at picking teams. Thanks.

One day in the books and very few surprises. I'm glad I didn't take the day off as most of the games were ho-hum blowouts. VCU / Duke was great and BYU / Xavier had a good finish. I had written in my notes "run Duke off the floor, no depth" and was glad to see VCU never took their foot off the accelerator. Duke will be back (unfortunately).

Hopefully we'll get some more action today. Tight games, buzzer beaters, and cinderellas is what makes this tourney so great.

I've got the feeling VT is one and done, as I have stated before, I think they are very over-rated and I think the Illini send them home. As for Dook, have to disagree, as the freefall has begun in Durham. Imagine a recruit looking at Cameron, Dean Dome or the RBC-this makes a difference now adays in getting next level talent and Duke should have already built am up to date facility. They can still play some games there like NC State does at Reynolds from time to time, but there is more going on in Durham than poor facilities.

I've got the feeling VT is one and done, as I have stated before, I think they are very over-rated and I think the Illini send them home. As for Dook, have to disagree, as the freefall has begun in Durham. Imagine a recruit looking at Cameron, Dean Dome or the RBC-this makes a difference now adays in getting next level talent and Duke should have already built am up to date facility. They can still play some games there like NC State does at Reynolds from time to time, but there is more going on in Durham than poor facilities.

Still getting ahead of yourself there, PD. Playing for Dook is still worth about $250K (no pun intended)

Naw- I think VT pounds an Illini team that should not even be here. VT has some excellent wins, went thru the ACC with what, 10 wins- I think they beat the Illini pretty easily.