[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NCAA Tourney Official Thread

Vinatieri Is God

Never been so happy to be wrong! I had my Trojans going down to the the Horns Sunday, and instead they beat the snot out of 'em. (So much for going with your head and not your heart. ) KD is great, but he couldn't do it alone.

And the Pac-10 came within one blocked layup from having 4 teams in the Sweet 16. Ducks and Bruins could go deep, but I'm worried (again) about USC vs. UNC...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D <-- Me laughing at all the pundits who picked Texas to come out of the East now moving on to Georgetown.

I picked Georgetown to begin with. I'd love to see both UNC and Georgetown win to set up one hell of a matchup. Should be a fantastic game if both stay alive.

:D Enough :D

The Greatest Sporting Event on the planet being overshadowed by threads about the NIT, fantasy baseball and NCState - recruiting!! ridiculous. I cannot take it- back to the NCAA Tournament...............................

KU - in a walk- this one will be ugly early and late

UCLA/Pitt- this game will be ugly from start to finish as well! Bruins by double digits as the offense gets on track

A&M/Memphis - game of the night- will be a battle and I honestly see it as a pick em. I will go with AC Law gettin it done down the stretch and A&M pulling out a tough win.

OSU/Tenn- another great matchup - can OSU use their government pardon from the electric chair and actually play a good game? Does Tenn hot shooting continue?? Big IF, but if Tenn shoots it well, I like em to take out a lackluster OSU squad. IF OSU does sack up and play their game- they should roll.

Great games in the Texas region!! The fans got two nailbiters with plenty of offense. OSU has to be the luckiest team in the country right now. How did they come back from 20 down? And without Oden who was in foul trouble all night?

San Jose fans had no such luck. The games were reasonably close but both were defensive struggles with poor shooting. I can really appreciate the way S. Ill plays defense but they can't shoot a lick. I could have built a house with some of those bricks. UCLA pushed thru on a terrible shooting night by Pitt. I don't think I've ever seen a team miss that many layups. If UCLA wants to beat Kansas they need to play defense like the Salukis. They can do it if they don't have any lapses.

OSU has to be the luckiest team in the country right now. How did they come back from 20 down? And without Oden who was in foul trouble all night?

Considering the way the Buckeyes played in Chapel Hill, I'm not sure sure they're not better without Oden. :D

Awesome night of ball - game 1 - hoy chit was I impressed by SIU - they gave KU all they could handle and completed took them out of their game. Unreal how they D up the perimeter- the best on the ball, close out defensive team by far.

UCLA- pretty much how I thought it would go. Their D is close to the Saluki's on the perimiter, but they are better at trapping and altering shots b/c they have some size. Pitt missed some chippies, but also you gotta credit the D, but the O looks like chit. J Sipp bailed them out and Afflalo can't hit a shot to save his life. Will be a helluva game v KU, and if UCLA can straighten out their offense, they should advance.

A&M v. Memphis - great game between 2 really evenly matched squads. Law makes that layin 9/10 - really too bad.

OSU/Tenn- missed the first 30 minutes of it- Oden can't get the NBA fast enough, where he will actually get to touch the rock. OSU spreads it out, jacks 3's, drives and kicks- and never really looks to establish Oden at all. Great finish, how does Tenn let that slip away...

Mucho props to Green. That was a tough shot. When he bobbled the ball I thought it was over, but he did it.

agreed ..i did not think he was going to make it ...now if NC can take care of business , should be a monster matchup / Game between Tar Heels and Hoyas

KU/UCLA - heck of a ballgame- great defense by both teams, UCLA ended up gettin it done with a very impressive showing.

Let's hope the Quack Attack can pull the upset tomorrow !

and see an All Pac 10 Final 4 matchup

No question the best basketball was played on the West Coast for 2006/2007.

KU/UCLA - heck of a ballgame- great defense by both teams, UCLA ended up gettin it done with a very impressive showing.

Let's hope the Quack Attack can pull the upset tomorrow !

and see an All Pac 10 Final 4 matchup

No question the best basketball was played on the West Coast for 2006/2007.

Florida will have to go through 2 Pac 10 teams to make it to the final. I think they'll be up to the task. I don't see Oregon beating them. UCLA on the other hand has alot of motivation, including last years's defeat to FL in the final so that matchup to me would be very interesting. Can't wait to see the UNC-Georgetown showdown Sunday!

I'm thinking UNC is ripe for the upset. :D

You've got another think coming.

UNC down 15 with 18:00 minutes left :D

What a strange tourney. Many big leads only to be squandered. Looking forward to the UNC - Georgetown game.

DAMN it!!!