[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cato June

Curious how Tampa is going to use June. I've got matching rights in a dynasty league for him and not sure I really want to match since I hear he is being considered to compete for the strong side backer with Ryan Nece. But Shelton Quarles is also considering retirement. Sure is alot of things up in the air there and would hope someone could shed some light on this here.

Curious how Tampa is going to use June. I've got matching rights in a dynasty league for him and not sure I really want to match since I hear he is being considered to compete for the strong side backer with Ryan Nece. But Shelton Quarles is also considering retirement. Sure is alot of things up in the air there and would hope someone could shed some light on this here.

June wont truly compete, he is being brought in as a starter...one would think it would be at SLB but june is a WLB so it will be interesting to see if tampa puts the square peg in the square hole or tries to fit the square peg in the round hole

Sheer odds? June will play SLB; Nece will be a backup.

My gut feeling? This is Brooks' last year in Tampa -- because of his high cap number, they've been talking about cutting him for a couple of years now. I think he will be told to move to SLB (he's just as good in coverage as June), and if he doesn't oblige, they'll cut him.

With Quarles' injury problems, the mystery that is Barrett Ruud, Brooks' age/cap number, and June's unclear position, the ENTIRE TB linebacking corps is a huge question mark.

Sheer odds? June will play SLB; Nece will be a backup.

My gut feeling? This is Brooks' last year in Tampa -- because of his high cap number, they've been talking about cutting him for a couple of years now. I think he will be told to move to SLB (he's just as good in coverage as June), and if he doesn't oblige, they'll cut him.

With Quarles' injury problems, the mystery that is Barrett Ruud, Brooks' age/cap number, and June's unclear position, the ENTIRE TB linebacking corps is a huge question mark.

So do you think with Brooks and June being so good in coverage that if Ruud is then next MLB and Quarles retires or whatever that Ruud will only be a 2 down backer and therefore will lose alot of fantasy value?

• 2 weeks later...

So do you think with Brooks and June being so good in coverage that if Ruud is then next MLB and Quarles retires or whatever that Ruud will only be a 2 down backer and therefore will lose alot of fantasy value?

Yes, I think June and Brooks would play in the nickel packages, but, no, I don't think that will have a big impact on Ruud's numbers.

I don't put a lot of merit into the 2-down-Vs.-3-down argument. It's based on the premise that LBs make a lot of tackles in obvious passing situations, which they obviously don't.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

Yes, I think June and Brooks would play in the nickel packages, but, no, I don't think that will have a big impact on Ruud's numbers.

I don't put a lot of merit into the 2-down-Vs.-3-down argument. It's based on the premise that LBs make a lot of tackles in obvious passing situations, which they obviously don't.

I disagree. The odd tackle, pass defensed, or sack every week or so makes a huge difference, even in our leagues ...