[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ACC Hoops-A look back..A look ahead.

PantherDave

What most may not realize is that the ACC as a whole is a pretty young conference, as many fresh and sophs dominated the rosters. The performance in the tourney did not surprise me as the teams pounded one another all year and the ACC tourney was brutal as well....and for some who think the ACC does not bang...you really need to watch more ACC B-Ball. I'll let each ACC Homer repond in turn/time.

NC State-Exceeded expectations by gelling late and showed the promise of things to come under Lowe. The Pack has a nice recruiting class coming in and while the loss of Walker to Wake was a miss, it's not that bad as McCauley should be one of the better C in the league the next two years. Costner..Nuff Said-most likely ACC 1st team the next 3 years and should make a run at ACC POY. Lowe also has a true PG coming in and the Iowa State PG transfer(name escapes right now) had to sit out all games but did practice all of last year will take the point. This will allow State a big #2 guard in Grant at 6-6. I expect the front court to be Costner, McCauley, Hickson-which should be very stout indeed. The bench goes from nothing to deep in just one season-Horner, Ferguson, Fells and a 4 star recruit and two 3 star recruits. It will be intersting to see where Fells falls into all of this, as I expect the Iowa State transfer to take the PG and Hickson to be in the paint with McCauley and Costner. It's a much better situation from last year and may evolve into a rotation as Lowe really wants to up the tempo and run the floor in actuallity.

As for next season, I expect the Pack to finish in the top 4 in the league and return to the Dance. Next season will show Lowes true direction for the team as he will have a PG who knows the system-not saying he won't still whistle with a set play now and then, but will not have to run the offense from the sidelines as much. It's gonna be fun to watch.

Next...

the ACC, a look back............

A poor year by the ACC, and the next few years can only get better as other conferences are loading up on top coaching and recruiting like crazy. UNC is still king, and will be for the foreseeable future. Outside of UNC, and a rebounding Dook- I a combo of other conferences catching up, and a decline in ACC talent, the ACC is on the slide just a bit.

Outside of UNC, who always gets top talent, and Dook who is somewhere in the #8-10 range, the top recruiting classes are dominated by other leagues- PAC 10, SEC, Big 10 -

I think we will see a shift in power somewhat

the ACC, a look back............

A poor year by the ACC, and the next few years can only get better as other conferences are loading up on top coaching and recruiting like crazy. UNC is still king, and will be for the foreseeable future. Outside of UNC, and a rebounding Dook- I a combo of other conferences catching up, and a decline in ACC talent, the ACC is on the slide just a bit.

Outside of UNC, who always gets top talent, and Dook who is somewhere in the #8-10 range, the top recruiting classes are dominated by other leagues- PAC 10, SEC, Big 10 -

I think we will see a shift in power somewhat

The talent in the ACC is primarily Fresh and Sohp's-so there is going to be a decline? Wake just got a verbal committment from Ty Walker? The Power of the ACC is going nowhere as you are letting the tourney showing form your opinion. The ACC will be even better next year..on the flip side...I don't bash the PAC 10 ya know :D

The talent in the ACC is primarily Fresh and Sohp's-so there is going to be a decline? Wake just got a verbal committment from Ty Walker? The Power of the ACC is going nowhere as you are letting the tourney showing form your opinion. The ACC will be even better next year..on the flip side...I don't bash the PAC 10 ya know :D

PD- I am not bashing the ACC- just shootin straight. I have loved the ACC since I was a kid- the best basketball conference in the country since the 80's. I just think the rest of the country has caught up- it happened with UCLA dynasty ending, it happened with the rest of the leagues catching up to the Big East short lived dominance- these things are cyclical.

The top recruiting classes in the country......for next year

KState- likely will unravel

USC

Syr

AZ

FLA

OSU

Purd - ACC nowhere to be found, not that recruiting classes are everything- but they are pretty damned important in basketball.

on a side note- the PAC 10 is gonna be ridiculously talented, and by far the best conference in America.

UCLA will likely return their entire starting 5 and add the best big man in the country in Kevin Love

add in USC, OU, AZ, WSU, Stan, UW - yeaah baby gonna be good stuff

PD- I am not bashing the ACC- just shootin straight. I have loved the ACC since I was a kid- the best basketball conference in the country since the 80's. I just think the rest of the country has caught up- it happened with UCLA dynasty ending, it happened with the rest of the leagues catching up to the Big East short lived dominance- these things are cyclical.

The top recruiting classes in the country......for next year

KState- likely will unravel

USC

Syr

AZ

FLA

OSU

Purd - ACC nowhere to be found, not that recruiting classes are everything- but they are pretty damned important in basketball.

on a side note- the PAC 10 is gonna be ridiculously talented, and by far the best conference in America.

Silly you, attempting to reason with a true blood ACC fan. Of course they are the best conference...every year...regardless of what you or anyone else thinks.

UCLA will likely return their entire starting 5 and add the best big man in the country in Kevin Love

add in USC, OU, AZ, WSU, Stan, UW - yeaah baby gonna be good stuff

Well now, let's be fair. Part of the reason that the ACC is not on the recruiting map this year is that UNC is so loaded that it doesn't have anybody coming in this year. I mean, really, when does UNC not have, at the very least, a decent class coming in?

I know you west coast guys are proud of your showing this year. You should be, but the ACC still got 7 teams in the tourney, 3 more in the NIT, 1 of whom made it to the finals. The ACC isn't going anywhere....