[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Mavericks clinch #1 seed

myhousekey

nice to see them learn from their mistakes.... either milked the clock or took it right to them (especially with dal in the penalty). they certainly know how to play against the mav's, and honestly..hou and utah haven't impressed me.... i think they make it the the conf finals and then lose in 6-7.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice to see them learn from their mistakes.... either milked the clock or took it right to them (especially with dal in the penalty). they certainly know how to play against the mav's, and honestly..hou and utah haven't impressed me.... i think they make it the the conf finals and then lose in 6-7.

I dunno.....I don't remember seeing NBA ball played quite like this. If they stay healthy, they have every chance to go all the way. This is like a street basketball team and other teams just don't seem to be able to cope.

you don't remember "showtime?!" many run-n-gun...open styled teams in history. though, we see a lot more regimented, half court offenses do better in the playoffs.

it is very entertaining to see the constant push

you don't remember "showtime?!" many run-n-gun...open styled teams in history. though, we see a lot more regimented, half court offenses do better in the playoffs.

it is very entertaining to see the constant push

Run'n'gun, yeah, but this looks like utter chaos some of the time. Great fun to watch!

Warriors will beat Jazz or Rockets. Suns/Warriors in West finals. Those'll be some doozies of games.

I think they'll beat the Rockets but I think it's a toss up in a Jazz series. I would prefer to see a Jazz / Warriors series.

This just gives my Pistons one less road block in my mind. Dallas was my biggest worry if we could get to the Finals. Yes, I am concerned about the Bulls, should be a long series.

This upset certainly gives the SA/PHO winner an easier opponenet in the WCF for sure. Phoenix would probably sweep GS, as they play the same game, though with more structue and Amare would kill them down low, something Dirk should have been trying to do. SA can impose their will on anyone, and GS may win a home game vs the Spurs, but SA actually plays perimeter D, and Parker or Gino will get B Davis in foul trouble or they will slice them up in the paint. Bruce Bowen on Jackson would probably halt GS completely. GS is a perfect opponent for either of these 2 team, but Dallas matches up very well with both of them. So what does Dallas do this offseason. They have the team to beat the powers in the west, but not the team to beat GS. Go F'n figure.

Just sick at my stomach today, that Dallas is out. All that radio talk about getting back and finishing, then losing to Golden F'n State in round 1 is just embarassing. I would like to see Nellie or Nash win it all. Both are big reasons for dallas turnaround a few yrs back, and we havent forgotten that.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I would like to see Nellie or Nash win it all. Both are big reasons for dallas turnaround a few yrs back, and we havent forgotten that.

I still don't get why Cuban was willing to let Nash go. I guess I don't follow close enough but Cuban is certainly not the man to have short arms and long pockets, is he?

I still don't get why Cuban was willing to let Nash go. I guess I don't follow close enough but Cuban is certainly not the man to have short arms and long pockets, is he?

In hindsight what a horrible move. I mean Nash hasn't won anything yet either but he's clearly the best point guard in the league and can do it all. I'm sure he could play half court almost as well as he plays the running game. :D

Nash wanted a 6 yr contract, which he got in Phoenix. Nash broke down somewhat in the playoffs vs Mike Bibby the 2 yrs prior to leaving in FA. Nash became a better player when he left Dallas. Cuban letting him walk obviously motivated him, but he has been healthier in Phoenix than he was here in the playoffs. Maybe Nellie played him too much in the regular season, who knows. But Cuban and Avery thought he couldnt play defense, which he doesnt, and that style wont win a title, which it still hasnt, and he had only 3 decent yrs left, which he has been lights out the past 3 yrs since leaving Dallas. Clearly it was a mistake to let Nash go, many said it then. But no one knew he would make Phoenix the team they are today, or there is no way Cuban lets him go. And would he be the same player with Avery, in a half court offense, playing no defense. Those were the reasons, and hell they would probably do anything to reverse that now.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Nash wanted a 6 yr contract, which he got in Phoenix. Nash broke down somewhat in the playoffs vs Mike Bibby the 2 yrs prior to leaving in FA. Nash became a better player when he left Dallas. Cuban letting him walk obviously motivated him, but he has been healthier in Phoenix than he was here in the playoffs. Maybe Nellie played him too much in the regular season, who knows. But Cuban and Avery thought he couldnt play defense, which he doesnt, and that style wont win a title, which it still hasnt, and he had only 3 decent yrs left, which he has been lights out the past 3 yrs since leaving Dallas. Clearly it was a mistake to let Nash go, many said it then. But no one knew he would make Phoenix the team they are today, or there is no way Cuban lets him go. And would he be the same player with Avery, in a half court offense, playing no defense. Those were the reasons, and hell they would probably do anything to reverse that now.

That's a great explanation. :D Not everything works out as planned, I guess.

on point-

at the time Phoenix was thought to be taking a chance on the long term contract by everyone. Has paid off nicely as Nash obviously has gotten better in every way. Dude is in even better shape than he was in Dallas, probly from no more nights out with Dirk Diggler in Dallas. PHX is the ideal spot for him, obviously

:D Bigger upset than Nuggets beating Sonics in '94.

still painful to this day. I think the Nuggs upset over Seattle was bigger. The Mavs weren't as talented as Sea, and the league was stronger, more balanced in '94. NBA was loaded with weak teams this year, and the they got exposed big-time. The Denver upset was also a shortened series, and Sea was claearly the best team that year and without MJ they had a clear shot at the title and effin blew it Seattle-style.

Congrats to the Warriors- Awesome way to finish them off- that crowd is Amazing.

I am firmly on the W bandwagon- but Houston is a horrible matchup.

Houston cant score with GS or Phoenix. And they are not as solid on the perimeter as SA. Yao will have to score 30 plus a night for Houston to have any chance. And if GS puts 2 bodies on him in zone like they did Dirk, Houston will get run out of the building. I dont see this as any matchup for GS. AK47 on Jackson and Deron Williams on Baron will pose more resistance than anything the Rockets can throw out on those 2.

Houston cant score with GS or Phoenix. And they are not as solid on the perimeter as SA. Yao will have to score 30 plus a night for Houston to have any chance. And if GS puts 2 bodies on him in zone like they did Dirk, Houston will get run out of the building. I dont see this as any matchup for GS. AK47 on Jackson and Deron Williams on Baron will pose more resistance than anything the Rockets can throw out on those 2.

nope- Houston will make it a halfcourt game. Yao & Tracy will both cause tons of problems, as McGrady is a way tougher matchup than Dirk. He will be able to get by anyone they throw at him. Houston will control the glass completely- this will be a 180 from the Dallas series, and I think Houston will prevail.

As good as GS played against Dallas- the up and down, wide open style is not enough to beat SA or even Houston IMO.

Houston plays good, team D- Battier is one of the best 1 on 1 defenders in the league.

Not sue what yer seeing once again.

nope- Houston will make it a halfcourt game. Yao & Tracy will both cause tons of problems, as McGrady is a way tougher matchup than Dirk. He will be able to get by anyone they throw at him. Houston will control the glass completely- this will be a 180 from the Dallas series, and I think Houston will prevail.

As good as GS played against Dallas- the up and down, wide open style is not enough to beat SA or even Houston IMO.

Houston plays good, team D- Battier is one of the best 1 on 1 defenders in the league.

I don't see Yao keeping up the pace in a matchup against GSW. If (and that's a big if) HOU can make GSW change their game, they have a chance, otherwise it's GSW in 6.

Of course, all this is speculation until HOU and the Jazz settle their game 7 - and what effect will that have? :D

I don't see Yao keeping up the pace in a matchup against GSW. If (and that's a big if) HOU can make GSW change their game, they have a chance, otherwise it's GSW in 6.

Of course, all this is speculation until HOU and the Jazz settle their game 7 - and what effect will that have? :D

true- who knows with game 7 - I think Hou pulls it out at home. Yao may not be able to keep up, but at the same time, Hou does a good job of controlling tempo and making it a half court game.

One big difference for Houston- they have 2 guys that require a double team- GS has only BD- makes a difference in a half court game.

LMMFAO, guess as usual, you avoid the facts, for your opinion. Which game this season vs GS did Houston make this a half court game. Seriously dude, you are clueless. Its clear in all 3 games GS dicatated the tempo. All 3 games were high scoring affairs, with the winner scoring 109 or better in all of them. The last being a 110-90 blowout in the only game Jackson played in the series.

The first 2 games were back in December before the trade for Jackson and Harrington, and GS/HOU split those 2, the last was in April and GS abused Houston, with Yao being held to 9 pts in 31 minutes and Tmac leaving the game with injury which may happen in this series, with the style of play.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=261205010

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=261214009

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270404010

San Antonio on the other hand abused Golden State in 3 of 4 games, the last 2 are the last 2 games Golden State lost in the reg season, with Jackson and Harrington both in the lineup. Notice anything else about these games, San Antonio scored 100+ in all 4 games, clearly the GS tempo was played, but it didnt matter, SA held GS down to 89 twice and under 100 in 3 of the 4 games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=261127009 -

November 27, 2006 - GS wins 111-102

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=261204024

December 4, 2006 - SA wins 129-89

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270326009

March 26, 2007 - SA wins 126-89

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270407024

April 7, 2007 - SA wins 112-99

So as usual, you are clueless. :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

One big difference for Houston- they have 2 guys that require a double team- GS has only BD- makes a difference in a half court game.

Wrong again. Read above, before you continue to make a fool of yourself with this garbage. BTW, as hot as jackson is behind the arc, they may want to double him too. And Jason Richardson has yet to get hot , he is one of GS best outside shooters. This wont be a half court game, just like the other 3 were not. And Im not so sure you double Tmac, put Jackson on him, and roll a guy over from the DT on Yao onto him if he drives the lane., and make him dish outside. Houston has no one that will kill them outside consistently like GS or Phoenix or SA. If TMac is forced to shot over Jackson, he will go 8 for 25 every night, and they lose badly. The only DT needed is on yao, so he doesnt get the ball inside. Because if he gets it, he can score on any one Warrior or dish it to Tmac outside. GS will have to stay at home on Tmac, and they will. GS in 5 if they get Houston. Utah will put a bigger fight for sure

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

LMMFAO, guess as usual, you avoid the facts, for your opinion. Which game this season vs GS did Houston make this a half court game. Seriously dude, you are clueless. Its clear in all 3 games GS dicatated the tempo. All 3 games were high scoring affairs, with the winner scoring 109 or better in all of them. The last being a 110-90 blowout in the only game Jackson played in the series.

The first 2 games were back in December before the trade for Jackson and Harrington, and GS/HOU split those 2, the last was in April and GS abused Houston, with Yao being held to 9 pts in 31 minutes and Tmac leaving the game with injury which may happen in this series, with the style of play.

[

great numbers Private- really well done, and a complete waste of time....... Since when does regular season NBA translate to the playoffs? IF you really think a GS/Houston series will be high scoring- yer outta yer mind once again...........

Houston led the league in opp fg% , and they will not let GS run like Dallas did. The NBA regular season and playoffs are 2 different animals- nice try though.....