[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

virginia tech shooting

dmarc117

In 2006, in response to protests at the funerals of dead U.S. soldiers, Virginia enacted a law that added funerals and memorial services to the state’s disorderly conduct statute. Other states have adopted similar measures to allow police to keep WBC protesters out of earshot.

:D

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't get me wrong -- i think these folks should rot in hell. all i'm saying is that their goal is to provoke people into making their "protests" newsworthy. because the more times they show up at these funerals without incident, the less provocative the protests become, and the last thing they want is people to stop paying attention to them.

i understand where you are coming from.. personally, i do not deal with death well at all. i would probably end up in jail for beating any of them around the funeral, whether they like it or not. i dont care who they are, male, female, child or adult.. i just would never be able to take someone shouting that crap in my ear at a time when i get so emotional. the very thought of people like that make me clench my fists in anger.

dont lump them in with regular christians, catholics, etc.. these are extremests. you might as well compare them to the radical muslim terrorists due to the fact that they take everything so literally and try to spin it their way. the only difference is that they fight with words, trying to hurt the mind of people that disagree with them rather than physically.

i know this is a bit "out there", but i really wish that Hell's Angels or some group show up to fend off these sick SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS !!!s. i know they do this stuff at military funerals and such. if not that sort of reach, a group like this would be good as well. http://www.patriotguard.org/

http://www.arktimes.com/blogs/arkansasblog...test_in_be.aspx

Just to clairify: I was refering to that specific church. However, I do think often times those who beat the bible the loudest have the biggest issues to hide. This group sounds like a bunch of hateful individuals probably with a few homosexuals in their own ranks.

Just to clairify: I was refering to that specific church. However, I do think often times those who beat the bible the loudest have the biggest issues to hide. This group sounds like a bunch of hateful individuals probably with a few homosexuals in their own ranks.

gotcha.. ive seen people without any knowledge of catholicism lump people like that in all together.

there should be laws to prohibit these kinds of things happening at funerals and memorials all together. maybe there are, i just dont know how they could be allowed there. its sickening.

It's one of the unfortunate results of the first amendment.

Freedom of speech is there to protect the speech you DON'T like, and this is speech that nobody likes. As counter-intuitive as it sounds, the fact that these douchebags can be complete ass holes at funerals is one of the reasons America is a great country.

It's one of the unfortunate results of the first amendment.

Freedom of speech is there to protect the speech you DON'T like, and this is speech that nobody likes. As counter-intuitive as it sounds, the fact that these douchebags can be complete ass holes at funerals is one of the reasons America is a great country.

Maybe we'll all get lucky and some brave souls will risk imprisonment by beating the crap out of these a-holes. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Maybe we'll all get lucky and some brave soles will risk imprisonment by beating the crap out of these a-holes. :D

Should such an unfortunate event occur, I would not be displeased.