[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

virginia tech shooting

dmarc117

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More came out from the students. :D

Silent gunman ‘just started shooting’

A student in the engineering class describe an “unreal” scene with “blood pretty much everywhere.”

“None of us thought it could have been gunshots,” the student, who identified himself as Trey Perkins, told MSNBC’s Chris Jansing in a telephone interview. “... I’m not sure how long it lasted. It seemed like a really long time.”

Perkins said the gunman never said a word. “He didn’t say, ‘Get down.’ He didn’t say anything.” He just started shooting.”

The gunman left the classroom and then tried to return, but students kept him out by bracing the door closed with their feet. “He started to try to come in again and started shooting through the door,” Perkins said, but hit no one.

“I got on the ground and I was just thinking, like, there’s no way I’m going to survive this,” Perkins said. “All I could keep thinking of was my mom.”

Stories like this remind me to appreciate every single day that I have with my Son, and to always let the little things slide. I just can't imagine going through anything much worse as a parent.

Amen. There is nothing worse for a parent, IMO. Love mine every chance I can.

Live in New Orleans for awhile or work in a bar there and I guarantee you'll either have it happened or see it.

I'm pretty sure Skins has had a few guns pointed in his direction down there as well.

Multiple. Worst was a rollin yat I followed out of Shanahans into the parking lot because he was almost dislocating his girlsfriends arm. Had it up behind her back to her head. I got up on him and he pulled a 9 mm and put it to the side of my head and asked me if I wanted any. I said no and backed away but took the girl with me. He gets away but I tell the detail cop. About 15 minutes later he rolls into the parking lot with the lights out and finds his girlfriend in a friends car and starts banging on the window. Then he got the detail cops .44 to the back of his head and was told "son, its not worth it."

Of course, his uncle was an LT with the NOPD and they let him go. :D

This VT thing is incredibly sad.

What I cant believe is the death toll. Seems like he killed nearly everyone he shot. When Columbine went down these kids spent probably hundreds of rounds and killed 11(?). This guy killed 31 so far.

Well, the NRA says you should know how to use your gun properly.

Pretty f'd up situation. I've got a cousin at VT studying for his PhD. I was eating lunch with Mrs. Egret and a bunch of friends after leaving a funeral for a friend. The unusually icy weather a week and a half ago caused an accident for him on his way to work.

We caught the news at the restaurant. I couldn't get ahold of my cousin for awhile. All circuits were busy down there. I was able to find out that he was alright. I was finally able to get through to his voicemail, and he called me later. My cousin said that we probably knew more than he did at that point. He said that it was pretty chaotic there... and that was before the media descended into Blacksburg.

Edited by Egret

We caught the news at the restaurant. I couldn't get ahold of my cousin for awhile. All circuits were busy down there. I was able to find out that he was alright. I was finally able to get through to his voicemail, and he called me later. My cousin said that we probably knew more than he did at that point. He said that it was pretty chaotic there... and that was before the media descended into Blacksburg.

I couldn't imagine...

My girlfriend's colleague had a nephew who's life was taken today. I never post in this forum but I just think it's incredible sad that they're kids. Just kids. I can't even believe it. I'm speechless.

Yes, a very sad day.

I wish your girlfriends colleague and their family the best.

I really don't know what to say about this terrible situation. Today's tragedy is very sad. Innocent kids being killed in cold blooded murder just doesn't seem fair. My heart and prayers goes out to everyone that was affected by this maniac.

Guns don't kill people... people kill people. Not being facetious, that is true. But, having an assault rifle makes the body count a wee bit higher now, doesn't it? One sick bassad can go out and do this because weapons meant for warfare are easilly available to them. I'm all for the right to bear fire arms, but not these killing machines. The power of the NRA.... and the all powerful $. F'n sad commentary on this society.

:D that I am - I'm wondering if this wasn't a terrorist act. The guy was awfully proficient with only 9mm and .22 handguns. Handgun wounds are typically less than 50% fatal. I think the stats on this scenario are 32 dead and 15 wounded?

I'm hoping to hear some stories of heroics. Did anyboldy rush this guy in an attempt to subdue him? It sounds like people lined up like sheep to the slaughter. :D

I also think it's fishy that the shooter shot himself in the face. People that whack themselves usually put the gun to their temple or under their chin to ensure a brainpan hit. A messed up face is more typical of a good sniper shot to the back of the head - not a pistol shot from the front.

Tragic, strage story.

:D that I am - I'm wondering if this wasn't a terrorist act. The guy was awfully proficient with only 9mm and .22 handguns. Handgun wounds are typically less than 50% fatal. I think the stats on this scenario are 32 dead and 15 wounded?

I'm hoping to hear some stories of heroics. Did anyboldy rush this guy in an attempt to subdue him? It sounds like people lined up like sheep to the slaughter. :D

I also think it's fishy that the shooter shot himself in the face. People that whack themselves usually put the gun to their temple or under their chin to ensure a brainpan hit. A messed up face is more typical of a good sniper shot to the back of the head - not a pistol shot from the front.

Tragic, strage story.

My Webpage

Here is the guy...

One sick bassad can go out and do this because weapons meant for warfare are easilly available to them. I'm all for the right to bear fire arms, but not these killing machines. The power of the NRA.... and the all powerful $. F'n sad commentary on this society.

What are you talking about? Unless something else has been released, the story is that the shooter had a 9mm and a .22 handgun. The 9mm is what most cops carry - hardly a weapon of war.

One reason this guy was able to kill so many people is that he was smart (yes, in a highly demented way) - he locked all of the exits.

It is just stunning to me than one man could do this much damage with just two handguns.

As an American, and a Virginian, I cannot begin to describe what a day this has been. I was in the office of a colleague when his daughter called this morning right after the second set of shootings started. Four of my co-workers have kids at VT and three of them are freshmen...whose first day of school was also marred by a gunman who killed two.

My heart and prayers go out to all of the families who were victimized today. My sister played basketball at VT some years ago and we attended VT for an alumni game just a few weeks ago. She gave us a tour that included all of the areas in today's tragedy.

:D:D:tup: