[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

virginia tech shooting

dmarc117

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything I've read is that the shooter had a 9mm pistol and a .22 handgun.

They are reporting this on the TV news stations.

That guy was one cold motherfu*cker to kill all of those people with those weapons. Those were executions for the most part, it seems.

Why do the British tabloids have the scoops on details, despite the fact that every news anchor in America has descended on Blacksburg?

Maybe because they have a real press over there with reporters that actually investigate.

Not to deminish this thread with an improper post (Polk already took care of that..... :D ) but the police force there has got to be the most out of shape doofus filled police force I've ever seen.

Sorry if any of you are on the police force in that area :tup:

I wasn't speaking to their handling of the situation, just their physical attributes.

On a related note, they do have some great donut shops in Blacksburg... :D

I can never understand the mentality of these mofo's who go on these spree killings. What is their reasoning behind killing a bunch of innocent people? It doesnt make any sense to me. Its just really a sad f'ed up situation.

He took those pics 2 days ago....

last days....

Wow, Tboogs. I understand how one could own a firearm for recreational, legal hunting. But an arsenal? Really?

I just cannot believe that a human being can have access to this sort of weapionry and even a military firing range (see the Quantico pictures) with what looks a beast of a weapon - http://vt.facebook.com/album.php?aid=21162...6202368&l=d1b29

Really? Do we really need automatic machine guns available for consumer use? I cannot see any kind of animal, even a deer or moose, being even remotely identifiable after taking a spray from the automatic weapon in these pictures.

Unbelievable.

Wow, Tboogs. I understand how one could own a firearm for recreational, legal hunting. But an arsenal? Really?

I just cannot believe that a human being can have access to this sort of weapionry and even a military firing range (see the Quantico pictures) with what looks a beast of a weapon - http://vt.facebook.com/album.php?aid=21162...6202368&l=d1b29

Really? Do we really need automatic machine guns available for consumer use? I cannot see any kind of animal, even a deer or moose, being even remotely identifiable after taking a spray from the automatic weapon in these pictures.

Unbelievable.

is this the guy? he or someone seems to be updating his page.....and why wouldnt he bring those weapons with?

Edited by dmarc117

is this the guy? he or someone seems to be updating his page.....and why wouldnt he bring those weapons with?

Tboogs posted this info earlier - a VT Student with an arsenal. But the names (based on the press conference) do not seem to match up. We shall see.

In reference to an earlier comment on how the police "look" - The police force in Blacksburg, Virginia may look like a bunch of boobs but I do feel like they're doing the best they can. Sorry that they don't look like Keifer Sutherland and Hasselhoff.

I cannot tell you how much I was incensed watching the coverage with Paula Zahn last night. She was looking to blame the school and school officials. Really? The shots may have been fired but by the time students could have been notified who knows where they were? What do you want? Loudspeakers? Having the cpability to jam phone lines and text message every cell phone? Install these sysytems across the country and then suddenly people feel like their freedom is being impinged upon and their basic civil liberties violated.

I think the real story here is how a resident alien, in his early 20s, is able to get enough guns and ammo to kill 33 people. When looking for someone to blame, I think we have to seriously consider ourselves the gun situation in this country.

Edited by Gros Membres!

My Prayers got out to all the families of victims of this horrible act. Hopefully, they will not be forgotten in the media storm of blame and finger pointing.

I have already gotten tired of the media trying to fuel the controversy of why wasn't the school locked down etc.... instead of blaming the school blame the idiot who decided to murder 32 individuals. This was premeditated murder (he chained doors shut and had extra clips of ammo). Where was he for two hours? How did he get from one end of campus to the other carrying chains, ammo, etc… and no one noticed him? The killer knew what he was doing.

Of course VA Tech Officials will be on the hot seat, people will lose their jobs, lawyers will make lots of money and in the end nothing will change, 32 lives were taken by a person who no one suspected could commit such act. There is no way to stop a tragedy like this short of banning guns and taking away most of our rights.

Ignore previous posts.......I did say they were unconfirmed. poor wayne.

No doubt. Look at his webpage now. He updated that he is getting death threats from people. Poor guy.

Guess that's why people should never post/report information that is baseless and , ultimately, incorrect.

I think the real story here is how a resident alien, in his early 20s, is able to get enough guns and ammo to kill 33 people. When looking for someone to blame, I think we have to seriously consider ourselves the gun situation in this country.

:D Which gun situation is that?

Two law enforcement officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because the information had not been announced, said Cho's fingerprints were found on the guns used in the shootings. The serial numbers on the two weapons had been filed off, the officials said.

This guy acquired guns illegally with serial numbers filed off. That's not a gun situation. It's a little thing called crime.

No doubt. Look at his webpage now. He updated that he is getting death threats from people. Poor guy.

Guess that's why people should never post/report information that is baseless and , ultimately, incorrect.

that guy could have some slander lawsuits(if he wasnt involved)........huddle lawyers?? the drudge posting his website.....

Edited by dmarc117

My Prayers got out to all the families of victims of this horrible act. Hopefully, they will not be forgotten in the media storm of blame and finger pointing.

I have already gotten tired of the media trying to fuel the controversy of why wasn't the school locked down etc.... instead of blaming the school blame the idiot who decided to murder 32 individuals. This was premeditated murder (he chained doors shut and had extra clips of ammo). Where was he for two hours? How did he get from one end of campus to the other carrying chains, ammo, etc… and no one noticed him? The killer knew what he was doing.

+1

There is no way to stop a tragedy like this short of banning guns and taking away most of our rights.

:D How does this stop criminals from committing criminal acts? Banning guns only takes them away from law abiding citizens. :D

+1

:D How does this stop criminals from committing criminal acts? Banning guns only takes them away from law abiding citizens. :D

I'm not in favor of banning guns. I don't own a gun and never will. However, I do respect people's rights to own one. I do think there should be a bigger effort to keep assault weapons out of people's hands.

A handgun for protection and a rifle for hunting are fine, but, I don't see any reason for people to own high-powered assault weapons.

+1

Nick, that is my point. You CAN'T stop this sort of crime. Anyone of us could illegally purchase a weapon and ammo. The loss of rights would be check points, papers, random searches, wire taps, etc..... No one will stand for that.

This type of crime can not be stopped because it in not predictable!!!! You know that stories about the shooter will now be coming out as to his family history, friend base, MYSpace page, all of the other standard background characteristics that would point to him as someone who could do something like this.

The Gun debate will flair up, people will take sides, meanwhile, everyday more people will be murdered.

Yeah, I don't get the whole why wasn't the campus on lock down already stuff.

How do you go from a murder of a GF and dorm counselor to, "Oh Sega!, the shooter is about to kill an unprecedented number of people very shortly on the other side of campus?"

Come on.

Nick, that is my point. You CAN'T stop this sort of crime. Anyone of us could illegally purchase a weapon and ammo. The loss of rights would be check points, papers, random searches, wire taps, etc..... No one will stand for that.

This type of crime can not be stopped because it in not predictable!!!! You know that stories about the shooter will now be coming out as to his family history, friend base, MYSpace page, all of the other standard background characteristics that would point to him as someone who could do something like this.

The Gun debate will flair up, people will take sides, meanwhile, everyday more people will be murdered.

Agree, but I think the bigger question is why is this an American problem? While there have been a number of school shootings in other developed countries, why have the vast majority happened here? I don't think it's as easy as just attributing it to our gun laws. It runs deeper than that.

Agree, but I think the bigger question is why is this an American problem? While there have been a number of school shootings in other developed countries, why have the vast majority happened here? I don't think it's as easy as just attributing it to our gun laws. It runs deeper than that.

consequences, unfortunately it seems like todays youth has no clue what they are

school fighting seems to just keep manifesting as time goes by...

there used to be fist fights

then there were gang fist fights

then the knife was something that you had to be scared of in a fight

now you have to be scared if you look at someone cross for fear that they will shoot you without even thinking about it

Edited by keggerz