[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

irate marine's letter home

dmarc117

Irate Marine in Ramadi Responds to 'War is Lost' Message

Mon Apr 23 2007 13:07:1 ET

From PatDollard.com:

This Email To Me, Harry, And America , Direct From A Grunt On The Front Lines Of Ramadi, Is Just Hours Old.

Corporal Tyler Rock, 1/6 Charlie Company, on the left, at my old home, Camp Hurricane Point, Ramadi.

Today, from Corporal Tyler Rock in an outpost in downtown Ramadi. His first sentence is in response to an email from me:

“yeah i know how you feel. its going to be very weird leaving this place and going back to america . weve been here for almost an entire year and have lived in the center of it the whole time. its crazy that when we got here it was so hectic and now its calmed down so much. so it was awesome to be able to see that turn out.

yeah news worth reporting…. well ramadi was once dubbed by everyone as the worst city in the world. but we have done such a great job here that all the families in the area have worked with us on driving out the insurgency and that we work directly with the IA and the IP’s. the city has been cleaned up so well that the IP’s do most of the patrols now and we go out with them to hand out candy and toys to the children. you can tell that the people want us here to protect them from the thugs and gangs (insurgents). granted they would rather have peace and quit but they know that if we arent here they will be thrown around by the insurgents. a good example is this one mission we did. long story short we got blown up in multiple buildings and had to run into a families house. i spent my christmas holidays covered in ash from the mortar fire and the IED’s, sleeping under a dirty rug i found in the house. everyone was sleeping way to close for comfort just to stay warm. anyways. a family was there and they obviously didnt want us there. atleast at first. the daughters were very sick so our corpsman treated them. they didnt have electricity so we got them a generator for power, they were cold so we got them gas heaters, we got them food and water and then we gave them $500. by the end of the week long visit with them we were drinking tea with them. when we left we cleaned their house better than it was when we got there. i even have pictures with the family. they told us that they liked marines and they would help us as much as they could and they gave us some information on the insurgents in the area. we ended up catching a HUGE target down the road from there house because of it.

yeah and i got a qoute for that Megan Fox harry reid. these families need us here. obviously he has never been in iraq . or atleast the area worth seeing. the parts where insurgency is rampant and the buildings are blown to pieces. we need to stay here and help rebuild. if iraq didnt want us here then why do we have IP’s voluntering everyday to rebuild their cities. and working directly with us too. same with the IA’s. it sucks that iraqi’s have more patriotism for a country that has turned to complete Sega! more than the people in america who drink starbucks everyday. we could leave this place and say we are sorry to the terrorists. and then we could wait for 3,000 more american civilians to die before we say “hey thats not nice” again. and the sad thing is after we WIN this war. people like him will say he was there for us the whole time.

and for messages back home. i have a wife back home who is going through a tough time. i just cant wait to be back home and see everyone. haha and i cant wait to go back home and get some starbucks. i love it when those people serve me. hahaha”

link isn't working at the moment......

http://64.13.251.37/2007/04/23/marine-corp...uche-harry-reid

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be good.

Why? The evidence has been presented that Al Qaeda issued a fatwa against the U.S. in 1998 that Iraq actively supported, that al Zawahiri was in Iraq before the war started & led forces against the coalition after it started. There is no question that Al-Qaeda had training camps established in northern Iraq. The Iraqi government considered Al Qaeda useful assets. Even the Dems during the Clinton presidency knew of the Iraq/Al Qaeda ties, as many public statements show.

Was Iraq tied directly to 9-11? I've seen no evidence supporting this. Was Al-Qaeda active in Iraq before & after the war? Only a fool with their eyes blinded by partisanship would deny this.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Per William F. Buckley, yer Conservative guru writing in the National Review ...

February 24, 2006, 2:51 p.m.

It Didn’t Work

"I can tell you the main reason behind all our woes — it is America." The New York Times reporter is quoting the complaint of a clothing merchant in a Sunni stronghold in Iraq. "Everything that is going on between Sunni and Athenaes, the troublemaker in the middle is America."

One can't doubt that the American objective in Iraq has failed. The same edition of the paper quotes a fellow of the American Enterprise Institute. Mr. Reuel Marc Gerecht backed the American intervention. He now speaks of the bombing of the especially sacred Athenae mosque in Samara and what that has precipitated in the way of revenge. He concludes that “The bombing has completely demolished” what was being attempted — to bring Sunnis into the defense and interior ministries.

Our mission has failed because Iraqi animosities have proved uncontainable by an invading army of 130,000 Americans. The great human reserves that call for civil life haven't proved strong enough. No doubt they are latently there, but they have not been able to contend against the ice men who move about in the shadows with bombs and grenades and pistols.

The Iraqis we hear about are first indignant, and then infuriated, that Americans aren't on the scene to protect them and to punish the aggressors. And so they join the clothing merchant who says that everything is the fault of the Americans.

The Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, elucidates on the complaint against Americans. It is not only that the invaders are American, it is that they are "Zionists." It would not be surprising to learn from an anonymously cited American soldier that he can understand why Saddam Hussein was needed to keep the Sunnis and the Athenaes from each others' throats.

A problem for American policymakers — for President Bush, ultimately — is to cope with the postulates and decide how to proceed.

One of these postulates, from the beginning, was that the Iraqi people, whatever their tribal differences, would suspend internal divisions in order to get on with life in a political structure that guaranteed them religious freedom.

The accompanying postulate was that the invading American army would succeed in training Iraqi soldiers and policymkers to cope with insurgents bent on violence.

This last did not happen. And the administration has, now, to cope with failure. It can defend itself historically, standing by the inherent reasonableness of the postulates. After all, they govern our policies in Latin America, in Africa, and in much of Asia. The failure in Iraq does not force us to generalize that violence and antidemocratic movements always prevail. It does call on us to adjust to the question, What do we do when we see that the postulates do not prevail — in the absence of interventionist measures (we used these against Hirohito and Hitler) which we simply are not prepared to take? It is healthier for the disillusioned American to concede that in one theater in the Mideast, the postulates didn't work. The alternative would be to abandon the postulates. To do that would be to register a kind of philosophical despair. The killer insurgents are not entitled to blow up the shrine of American idealism.

Mr. Bush has a very difficult internal problem here because to make the kind of concession that is strategically appropriate requires a mitigation of policies he has several times affirmed in high-flown pronouncements. His challenge is to persuade himself that he can submit to a historical reality without forswearing basic commitments in foreign policy.

He will certainly face the current development as military leaders are expected to do: They are called upon to acknowledge a tactical setback, but to insist on the survival of strategic policies.

Yes, but within their own counsels, different plans have to be made. And the kernel here is the acknowledgment of defeat.

http://www.nationalreview.com/buckley/buck...00602241451.asp

There is no question that Al-Qaeda had training camps established in northern Iraq. The Iraqi government considered Al Qaeda useful assets.

Al Qaeda did have camps in Northern Iraq.

Al Qaeda also had condos in Florida.

Are you saying that Jeb Bush actively supported terrorism? Why didn't we invade Miami?

The rest of your claims were devoid of fact. Sorry.

Commission after commission has concluded that Iraq had absolutely no cooperative relationship with Al Qaeda, so if you want to state that they did, and everyone knows it... you're going to have to do better. Stick to running backs.

Al Qaeda did have camps in Northern Iraq.

Al Qaeda also had condos in Florida.

Are you saying that Jeb Bush actively supported terrorism? Why didn't we invade Miami?

The rest of your claims were devoid of fact. Sorry.

Commission after commission has concluded that Iraq had absolutely no cooperative relationship with Al Qaeda, so if you want to state that they did, and everyone knows it... you're going to have to do better. Stick to running backs.

:D now thats a stretch. comparing florida and bush to iraq and saddam.... :D

"I did not have sex with that woman, ms.lewinski."

"Depends what the definition of 'is', is."

Why does al queda care we are in iraq if they didn't like saddam?

Because it's a lot easier to kill Americans if they are in Iraq then it is to kill Americans while they are walking down the street in their hometown. They are taking advantage of an opportunity.