[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suns vs. Spurs

Shorttynaz

Bell came at him. Had bell not, that wouldnt have happened. IF someone comes at me, they are getting more than an elbow. Besides, Bell was a dirty player even as a Maverick. He gets what he deserves.

If you go back and read my post, I never said Bell didnt come at him. YOUR post said:

"But this wasnt Horry trying to injure Nash. And at worst was a hard NBA foul, though one could argue it was flagarant. Either way, he shouldnt have gotten 2 games for that. No freakin way."

Which leads me to the post I put in there, it was the elbow to the face that got him his 2nd game suspension. Even as a loyal fan, F' the NBA. They got what they wanted. And still they wonder why they dont have near the following that the NFL does. It starts at the very top with David Stern and his "button pusher" Stu Jackson.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even as a Spurs fan, I think the suspension of Stoudemire and Diaw sucks but expected them based upon the enforcement of the rule in the past. It has been a great series to this point, but now, the Spurs will always have an asteric by the win in people's minds if they take care of business.

As for those that think this will create a reason for players to purposely start an "altercation" to try and draw opposing players off the bench, it won't happen, especially against the Spurs. They are the most disciplined team in the NBA, and Pop is drilling the stay on the bench no matter what into them right now.

I heard a couple of things here about Timmay coming onto the floor but not being suspended which is hypocritical. The rule says no one can come on to the floor.

All I ask is the NBA be consistant from incident to incident or add some more language to the rule.

I read today that about 5 years ago Michael Williams (I think) of the T-Wolves came on to the floor to slap KG on the asz after a nice play and he was suspended in a crucial game 5. Williams was actually playing pretty well then so it was a material suspension.

I have not verified this but it was recounted by Flip Saunders in today's Detroit rag as he was the coach of the Wolves back then (obviously).

Edited by chiefjay

If you go back and read my post, I never said Bell didnt come at him. YOUR post said:

"But this wasnt Horry trying to injure Nash. And at worst was a hard NBA foul, though one could argue it was flagarant. Either way, he shouldnt have gotten 2 games for that. No freakin way."

Which leads me to the post I put in there, it was the elbow to the face that got him his 2nd game suspension. Even as a loyal fan, F' the NBA. They got what they wanted. And still they wonder why they dont have near the following that the NFL does. It starts at the very top with David Stern and his "button pusher" Stu Jackson.

Do you seriously think the NBA wants to see San Antonio vs Detroit in the Finals. The NBA wants ratings, and that wont get them. The public would rather watch Phoenix style of play vs Detroit. Which would be a similar series to Phoenix/SA That will draw the best rating imo. This isnt about what the NBA wants, its about the rule.

NBA rules state that in the event of an on-court incident, "all players not participating in the game must remain in the immediate vicinity of their bench."

When Duncan went onto the floor, there was no on-court incident, so he didnt break this rule. When Amare and Diaw went on the court, it most certainly was an on-court incident, as The Suns coaching staff, and team all went after Horry. So this is the reason Stern did what he did, and he did the right thing, even if I would rather see both teams at full strength.

I heard a couple of things here about Timmay coming onto the floor but not being suspended which is hypocritical. The rule says no one can come on to the floor.

Not correct. the rule says

NBA rules

"In the event of an on-court incident, "all players not participating in the game must remain in the immediate vicinity of their bench."

When Tim supposedly went onto the floor, ther ewas no on-court incident. When Amare and Diaw did, there certainly was.

The rule does not say no one can come on to the floor. If that was the case, everytime there was a timeout, or everytime a team gets a big dunk and the players on the bench stand up and cheer, they would be suspended for stepping on the floor. Which happens in every game.

Inconsistancies in the refs like these are why the NBA has went down over the years.

I really have not seen no shots of Duncan leaving the bench...but if he did he should of been suspended. it always stinks to see a team that started a fight get rewarded for it. and that is what happened here.

Until the NBA does something about the refs controlling the tempo of games and making different calls depending on who the player is ..you are gonna continue to see the NBA's fanbase slide.

Haven't seen the Duncan situation so I guess I can't comment on that one. I assumed it was during this incident but in reviewing the tape I again assume he was on the floor during the play.

Anyone have a link of the other Timmay incident when he supposedly came on to the floor?

Thx.

Here is a link to TD coming off the bench on to the floor clearly. It obviously is minor, but TD is clearly coming off the bench onto the floor, not to cheer, but at the possibility of an incident. Very minor, but Amare/Diaw came off the bench at the time of the foul, not an altercation.

- BUT if the NBA is holding firm to the rule, he should be suspended. Contrary to what the Private will have you believe- Diaw/Amare came off the bench after the foul, not after an altercation or incident. So, in the NBA where there are gray areas all over the place, and Stern makes judgement calls all the effing time, this is complete garbage.......... Diaw/Amare showed restraint, and never escalated the incident, which is why the rule was put in place.

Spurs are the most unlikable team since the Detriot Bad Boy days..........

That isnt an incicent. Watch that and you will see that is what happens in every NBA game, every night.

fine. Horry fouled Nash- was that an incident?- watch the video Amare/Diaw come off the bench after the foul- are fould now an incident? As far as I am concerned the only time it became an incident is when Bell came after Horry- you can make a case they were both coming to see if Nash was ok.

I love the NBA- but the league/Stern is going to take a lot of hits over this. Already criticism coming from all over the country on this from very respected coaches/writers- you name it.

I don't see much difference between the two. Correct me if I'm wrong but I seen Amare and Diaw approach the altercation but not get involved, barely getting on the court, seems like the same with TD except there the altercation didn't escalate, probably the only difference. If a fight had broken out there then TD may get a game.

The only real difference I see.

Too bad, hurts the series.

fine. Horry fouled Nash- was that an incident?- watch the video Amare/Diaw come off the bench after the foul- are fould now an incident? As far as I am concerned the only time it became an incident is when Bell came after Horry- you can make a case they were both coming to see if Nash was ok.

I love the NBA- but the league/Stern is going to take a lot of hits over this. Already criticism coming from all over the country on this from very respected coaches/writers- you name it.

Horry fouled Nash, the coaching staff went nuts and Bell got in Horrys face, before Horry had to forearm him upside his head. That was an incident, and Amare and Diaw left the bench.

Duncan stepped onto the court after his player dunked the ball, which happens all the time when teams make an exciting play like that. Amare stepped onto the court and ran towards Nash, while this was going on, and even nash got up and went after Horry, after Horry forearmed a charging bell. So that is clearly and incident.

Surely you people arent really this stupid. I understand you are picking sides here, but I have no rooting interest in who wins, and I see the difference. What Duncan did happens in every game and isnt against the rules. There was no incident there. What Amare and Diaw did was exactly against the rules. they took the court during an incident/altercation and deserve the suspension. Per the Rules.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Horry fouled Nash, the coaching staff went nuts and Bell got in Horrys face, before Horry had to forearm him upside his head. That was an incident, and Amare and Diaw left the bench.

Duncan stepped onto the court after his player dunked the ball, which happens all the time when teams make an exciting play like that. Amare stepped onto the court and ran towards Nash, while this was going on, and even nash got up and went after Horry, after Horry forearmed a charging bell. So that is clearly and incident.

Surely you people arent really this stupid. I understand you are picking sides here, but I have no rooting interest in who wins, and I see the difference. What Duncan did happens in every game and isnt against the rules. There was no incident there. What Amare and Diaw did was exactly against the rules. they took the court during an incident/altercation and deserve the suspension. Per the Rules.

I'm not sure but I believe I seen one of TD's teammates pull him off the court like, "dude get back, you know that's a suspension".

Yes, he came on the court after the dunk to celebrate but once the situation potentially turned into an altercation he didn't exactly leave the floor until his bench teammate pulled him back. If a fight breaks out and the league subsequently reviews it does TD get a game or not?

Emotions my friend, emotions, were involved in both instances. NBA is shooting itself in the foot once again.

you have the reading comprehension and reasoning of a 5th grader- yer such a moron I am pissed I am even responding.

First of all - yeah, they left the bench, technicall they left at the time of the foul, there really was no altercation when they left the bench- the Bell/Horry thing happened later. That being said, they probably did break the rule BUT the intent of the rule is to not escalate the incident- which they did not. Anyone who thinks there is not any gray area with Stern is naive and foolish- he rules the NBA and does whatever he sees fit, the NBA has never been cut and dry when it comes to this chit. They had a chance to do the right thing, and did not.

The T-Wolv that was suspended for leaving the bench and high-fiving Garnett?? how is that not a precedent, and very similar to what Duncan did? Thy try and hide under the letter of the law when reality it is still a judgement call and an inconsistent one at some point.

Heard Stern on the Dan Patrick show- wow! I don't think I have ever heard him that pissed off and frustrated, think he knows this is the wrong call at the end of the day..............

you have the reading comprehension and reasoning of a 5th grader- yer such a moron I am pissed I am even responding.

First of all - yeah, they left the bench, technicall they left at the time of the foul, there really was no altercation when they left the bench- the Bell/Horry thing happened later. That being said, they probably did break the rule BUT the intent of the rule is to not escalate the incident- which they did not. Anyone who thinks there is not any gray area with Stern is naive and foolish- he rules the NBA and does whatever he sees fit, the NBA has never been cut and dry when it comes to this chit. They had a chance to do the right thing, and did not.

The T-Wolv that was suspended for leaving the bench and high-fiving Garnett?? how is that not a precedent, and very similar to what Duncan did? Thy try and hide under the letter of the law when reality it is still a judgement call and an inconsistent one at some point.

Heard Stern on the Dan Patrick show- wow! I don't think I have ever heard him that pissed off and frustrated, think he knows this is the wrong call at the end of the day..............

Complete ignorance.

It doesnt matter when they left to go out on the floor, they were on the floor at the time of the incident, so they are guilty of breaking the rule. Period. Had there not been an incident, they wouldnt have got suspended. But either way you want to twist it, they were at the wrong place at the wrong time, and got burned for it. PERIOD.

Duncan took 2 steps forward and went back, there was no incident, and that happens all the time. Watch Amare, he charges onto the floor like he is going to battle, then eases up, when he knows its too late. Then lies and says he was getting ready to check into the game, making the coverup bring even more attention to it.

If I have the comprehension of a 5th grader, you have none at all. You just argue to argue and are owned every time you go head to head with me. Really, what have you ever been right about in this forum. GS will take 2 vs Utah, The series is basically tied at 2-2, before last nights 4-1 series win for Utah. blah blah blah. Seriously, your ignorance of the NBA is really shocking to tell you the truth. I actually thought you had a clue, inferior to me, but a clue. Now I know you dont. have you ever heard the saying its better to be silent and have others think you are an idiot, than to open your mouth and leave not doubt. Fits you perfectly.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Duncan stepped onto the court after his player dunked the ball, which happens all the time when teams make an exciting play like that.

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but I've never seen it. The only time I see people come off the bench onto the court is when they KNOW that the coach is calling a timeout after a play? Why is he allowed to go on to the court period?

All I can say is BHULLSIHT!!! This game was over!! The Suns had it won!! No complaints though. They gave it all they had. It's still too bad that this great series is going to be decided by an unjust decision. Oll we can do is watch and cheer that the 2 fresh players can be the difference makers in San Antonio. Stoudemire is going to be pretty heated and should take it out on the court. One can only hope..

Can you imagine if this does come back to Phoenix on Sunday for a game 7, and "Cheap-shot-Bob" is available and comes in. I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Shorttynaz

The way I see it, Horry definitely made contact with Nash. But the flop Nash took after the nudge deserves an Academy Award. Then, lost in the mess, Nash gets up off the floor, charges Horry, and it looks like he threw a punch or at least tried to shove Horry. Does that not deserve a suspension? Amare and Boris got what they deserved. So, if anything, Nash taking the flop trying to draw a foul backfired on him and the Suns.

The way I see it, Horry definitely made contact with Nash. But the flop Nash took after the nudge deserves an Academy Award. Then, lost in the mess, Nash gets up off the floor, charges Horry, and it looks like he threw a punch or at least tried to shove Horry. Does that not deserve a suspension? Amare and Boris got what they deserved. So, if anything, Nash taking the flop trying to draw a foul backfired on him and the Suns.

:D Amazing you got all of that out of that incident, unbelievable. Justify it all you want. That's how the Spurs play, plain and simple.

Couldnt have said it better myself. Though I didnt want any suspensions and both teams to play full strength for as many games as this goes, as its a fun series to watch. Last night was not much fun. The only drama was, can Phoenix hold on, but it wasnt that entertaining imo. Not like it would have been if Amare was playing.

Couldnt have said it better myself. Though I didnt want any suspensions and both teams to play full strength for as many games as this goes, as its a fun series to watch. Last night was not much fun. The only drama was, can Phoenix hold on, but it wasnt that entertaining imo. Not like it would have been if Amare was playing.

I am not gonna use the Stoud factor in it at all. the Suns had the game without him. they could not settle down into a half court game at the end and ended up taking bad shots and playing wildly . on the otherhand Tim Duncan and the Spurs (outside of Ginobili) settled into their half court game and got good shots off and did what you have to do at the end of games to win a championship.

Congrats to the Spurs and their fans for a good win.

I am not gonna use the Stoud factor in it at all. the Suns had the game without him. they could not settle down into a half court game at the end and ended up taking bad shots and playing wildly . on the otherhand Tim Duncan and the Spurs (outside of Ginobili) settled into their half court game and got good shots off and did what you have to do at the end of games to win a championship.

Congrats to the Spurs and their fans for a good win.

yup- great game, the Suns gave a hell of an effort shorthanded. JUst couldn't score when they needed to down the stretch. Nash was off his game, seems like he had en entire side of the floor spread at times with Duncan/Bowen/Barry on him, and he never really tried to get to the hoop, which I thought he could have. Same for Barbosa- where was he? thought Nash was overdribbling, letting the clock wind down too far too many times. Marion was a nonfactor in the 2nd half, should have ridin him some more- he had a nice quckiness advantage with Duncan on him.

Game 6 should be a good one.

Game 6 should be a good one.

I STILL remain a bitter Suns fan, but that's all we can hope for (a good game tomorrow). I like D'Antoni's postgame comments though. "I hear we have 4 fresh legs flying in tomorrow". All us Suns fans can do is remain optimistic about the chances tomorrow. Would LOVE to see this thing come back to Phoenix. If it does, I'll serioulsy consider dishing out some big duckets to go to the game Sunday. Cant wait for "Cheap-shot-Bob" to come out on to the floor. Rumor has it, he wouldn't even answer his hotel room door for his room service last night. Can you blame him????

The Suns played a heck of a game shorthanded and deserve a lot of credit. At the same time, it might have been a different game if the Spurs hadn't shot like sh!t in the first half despite getting a lot of open looks. It might have also been a different game if the Suns hadn't gone away from Marion in the second half because he was a beast in the first half.

I can't believe I'm about to say this but am pretty relieved Stoudamire will be back on the floor for Game 6. That small ball line-up the Suns had going with the addition of Diow would give the Spurs fits without Horry. With Amare out there, the Spurs can use their bigs more effectively, go back to their game plan for the series, and hopefully close this thing out.