[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Torry Holt - not a top 10 WR this year

Tauntaun

i have Holt. and i have some concern considering his TDs dropped off the 2nd half of the year....whatever the reason might be.

Bulger's shoulder which led to inaccurate passes. :D

Edited by twiley

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still here, just reading all this great insight. It is very obvious that everyone that says there is no chance of this happening must have Holt. Real difficult to be biased and say...no way he does not finish top 5 this year. I am just debating whether or not I want to post on other topics or just bring this one back at the end of the year.....going 1-1 on bold statements. I am so confident on this that I just bet my friend that he does not finish top 10...even money.

I am still here, just reading all this great insight. It is very obvious that everyone that says there is no chance of this happening must have Holt. Real difficult to be biased and say...no way he does not finish top 5 this year. I am just debating whether or not I want to post on other topics or just bring this one back at the end of the year.....going 1-1 on bold statements. I am so confident on this that I just bet my friend that he does not finish top 10...even money.

The reasoning that you provided is retarded, so I'm gussing that you'll be proven wrong.

Oh, please...continue to post! Your contribution is highly valued since you are never wrong and at the same time, just so darn entertaining!

On the other hand, if you forgot this site existed and never logged on again, that would be all right too.

I did in one league with the league idiot but I have him in a few others. Just expressing my concerns. Sounds like you have him or just traded for him.

Weren't there a lot of injury and running style concerns over S Jax last year? Now he's the #2 back in most draft projections.

Holt only :tup: had 93 catches for 1188 yards last year. He's declining. :D

I don't have him but maybe some moron :D league mate will trade him cheap.

I'll point him to this thread as proof he's overvalued.

Put the fuggin crack-pipe down Jr.-Stay around this year and let's have a respected Huddler hold the $ and I'll take your bet even money....and I got $100 that Holt is top 10.

Really. He was 8th in yards, 3rd in TD's and 4th in number of catches and Bulger struggled early last season.

Really. He was 8th in yards, 3rd in TD's and 4th in number of catches and Bulger struggled early last season.

Not to mention the fact that he and Bulger were both playing through injuries and they lost two key offensive linemen.

Edited by Bill Swerski

No need for any new posts...just keep putting this one up every year. Sooner or later you'll be right.

Not only will Holt be a top 10 WR but I think Bulger if healthy will be a top 10 QB. "Tauntaun" you are underestimating the heart of a champion which Torry is. His route running abilities are probably second only to Marvin Harrison. With a RB like SJacks that will keep defenses honest and the addition of a proven WR in Bennett, defenses will not be able to double Holt without sacrificing big plays to other receivers. The strength of schedule for receivers has the Rams #1 in the league. The Rams defense is not that good so they'll be forced to air it out and play catchup. If Holt falls out of the top 10 it will have to be due to another injury and not a drop in talent level or any of the other reasons you listed in the first post.:D

Just out of curiousity...who did you get for Holt in the trade you mentioned earlier?

Not only will Holt be a top 10 WR but I think Bulger if healthy will be a top 10 QB. "Tauntaun" you are underestimating the heart of a champion which Torry is. His route running abilities are probably second only to Marvin Harrison. With a RB like SJacks that will keep defenses honest and the addition of a proven WR in Bennett, defenses will not be able to double Holt without sacrificing big plays to other receivers. The strength of schedule for receivers has the Rams #1 in the league. The Rams defense is not that good so they'll be forced to air it out and play catchup. If Holt falls out of the top 10 it will have to be due to another injury and not a drop in talent level or any of the other reasons you listed in the first post.:D

Just out of curiousity...who did you get for Holt in the trade you mentioned earlier?

I can answer that....

He gave up Holt, Jacobs, & a 4th Rounder

for

Parker & an 8th Rounder

I did in one league with the league idiot but I have him in a few others. Just expressing my concerns. Sounds like you have him or just traded for him.

I'm not sure enough attention was brought to this point. Your league idiot may have good company.

All of your points above are very valid. I never said Holt was not a great player or a great person. I think he is the perfect NFL WR. With that said, everyone ignores the fact that Martz is no longer around. You take away Holt's one big game last year and would have finished out of the top 15. I understand that Holt will have big games but his consistency has declined. Last year he had 5 games with less than 10 fantasy points (which would be 5 catches for 50 yards in our scoring).

BTW, In the league I traded Holt it is a 4/5 player keeper league (keep 5 and give up your 1st rd pick). My keepers were LT, Addai, Holt, Wayne, and Fitzgerald. I traded Holt, Jacobs, and a 4th for W Parker and an 8th.