[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A huddler family (the Polksalets) needs your prayers

wiegie

For those of you who don't know, Polksalet's wife is 35 weeks pregnant. The pregancy has has not been routine by any stretch of the imagination. About three months ago, the baby was found to have a rare and potentially fatal tumor growing inside of her. After initially growing very rapidly (the tumor had quadrupled in size to more than 6 centimeters in just six weeks and there were concerns about the strain the tumor would put on the baby's heart), the tumor's had growth slowed over the past month. Things seemed to be going about as well as could be hoped under the circumstances--although the baby still faces a major surgery to remove the tumor after she is born.

Fast-forward to yesterday: Mrs. Polk started having contractions and went to the local hospital. The doctors performed enzyme tests to see if the baby's lungs were mature enough for it to be born now, and unfortunately, they are not. (I checked and one potential side-effect of the baby's type of tumor is that it might cause kidney problems which hinder the ability of the lungs to develop at a normal rate.) The doctors there want the pregnancy to go on for at least another 4 weeks.

At last update, there is a very strong possibility that they are going to Medevac Mrs. Polk to Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock this morning.

Please say some prayers for the Polksalet family.

(I will update with new information as it becomes available to me.)

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geeze...that is not good info. :D

I hope and pray that everything turns out all right for Mrs. Polk and the baby. They can do some great things nowdays.... I deeply pray that this is one of those times for something great to happen.

WOW this is some sad news. However, we just want to be thinking positively for them. Major prayers are on the way. Hope all works out well for the Polk's.

Edited by irish