[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A huddler family (the Polksalets) needs your prayers

wiegie

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This latest episode at the hospital is very bizarre. :D

Communication and a caring attitude are the most important social skills that doctors can have. To have any physician interact with you and your wife that way is beyond my comprehension. I think you did well to get out of there when you did.

I am continuing to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

So Polk.....are you saying that, technically......you guys were there 9 days longer than you should have been?? Or would you have been there this long anyway?

Losing/misplacing biopsy reports on a high risk patient that they are supposedly closely monitoring is indeed inexcusable. I can see a small delay because this was probably a little more complicated tissue than most. But I know they can do immediate biopsies while a person is still in surgery....so one to two months sounds sort of convoluted.

Now....I can't say it never happens....I'm sure it does.

I don't know what the doc meant about "you should have listened to me in the first place"...maybe I missed an update somewhere. He made a mistake speaking to you that way.....definitely. And I know you are mad....but I'm not sure how many times you want him to apologize either.

You should get a mediator to trace what happened to the report, why it was missing or not entered into the computer.....and how it just mysteriously reappeared with this "new doc". If that affected the length of your hospital stay....I'd definitely protest the amount of the bill.

But look at the BIG picture here Polky.....your daughter is going to be fine. :D They apparently did a fine job delivering her and a fine job surgically. Right? Don't let this one thing sour all the positives. :D

So Polk.....are you saying that, technically......you guys were there 9 days longer than you should have been?? Or would you have been there this long anyway?

Losing/misplacing biopsy reports on a high risk patient that they are supposedly closely monitoring is indeed inexcusable. I can see a small delay because this was probably a little more complicated tissue than most. But I know they can do immediate biopsies while a person is still in surgery....so one to two months sounds sort of convoluted.

Now....I can't say it never happens....I'm sure it does.

I don't know what the doc meant about "you should have listened to me in the first place"...maybe I missed an update somewhere. He made a mistake speaking to you that way.....definitely. And I know you are mad....but I'm not sure how many times you want him to apologize either.

You should get a mediator to trace what happened to the report, why it was missing or not entered into the computer.....and how it just mysteriously reappeared with this "new doc". If that affected the length of your hospital stay....I'd definitely protest the amount of the bill.

But look at the BIG picture here Polky.....your daughter is going to be fine. :D They apparently did a fine job delivering her and a fine job surgically. Right? Don't let this one thing sour all the positives. :D

I am the one who told him that he should have listened to me.

Now I am left to wonder,well, they have proven themselves incompetent, so how can I trust their good diagnosis? The answer is that I can't.

I am the one who told him that he should have listened to me.

Now I am left to wonder,well, they have proven themselves incompetent, so how can I trust their good diagnosis? The answer is that I can't.

Perhaps getting a second opinion in Dallas is in order.

Polk,

Sorry I haven't commented earlier. However you and your family have been in my prayers.

Some time ago, I lived a very, very bad experience that ended tragically. It's taken some time before I could respond in this thread. I cannot express the elation I experienced when I heard your daughter and wife were doing so much better. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Hopefully you can put the bad stuff behind you at some point. Until that time, give 'em hell!!!

Oh...and I whole-heartedly agree...a second opinion is in order.

Good luck to you and your entire family.

FWmaker

I forgot to add the surgeon said "on the bright side you have had 9 days of bliss, ignorance is bliss"

and somehow you managed not to kick his a$$....... :D

Prays are still coming your way and give your wife a hugh hug.......she and you both need it.

We went to our first doc visit here today in America. She has gained 14 ounces in the last 6 days and looks great. I told the new doc the story, she was not amused. She is transferring us to Dallas Children's hospital and sending all of the lab work to MD Anderson in Houston.

She said not to worry about the people on Arkansas as "you know they are inbred, don't ya? There is only one reason to leave Texas, and that is snow skiiing".

I love our Doc!!

The bill starting starting to come in. It looks like Wal-Mart insurance will come in big time. On the plus side, in Texas they cannot take my home nor the tools which I use to make my living. I will be surprised if this costs less than a million. The flipping copter ride from Texarkana to LR was $8500. I am really considering going to Alberta for the rest of the summer and fall while the wife is on leave. I have been broke before but this is a whole new perspective. On the plus side I can now worry about money as the most important things seem to be taken care of.

I really need a vacation from reality for a while.

We went to our first doc visit here today in America. She has gained 14 ounces in the last 6 days and looks great. I told the new doc the story, she was not amused. She is transferring us to Dallas Children's hospital and sending all of the lab work to MD Anderson in Houston.

She said not to worry about the people on Arkansas as "you know they are inbred, don't ya? There is only one reason to leave Texas, and that is snow skiiing".

I love our Doc!!

Glad you're back on friendly soil! :D

Well I somehow missed this entire thread, and there is no way I can read through 16 pages.

Polk... Best of luck to you and the family. I got some extra good vibes for you. I will meditate and levitate and send em to you now. :D

Has there been any talk of taking donations for the polksalet family? I would gladly volunteer to accept them and send them his way if needed.

Has there been any talk of taking donations for the polksalet family? I would gladly volunteer to accept them and send them his way if needed.

muck was leading that effort.