[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A huddler family (the Polksalets) needs your prayers

wiegie

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polk prayers on thwe way, i hope all is ok. I think they can give the baby brethine? to help develop the lungs.

Polk prayers on thwe way, i hope all is ok. I think they can give the baby brethine? to help develop the lungs.

I was thinking the same thing. Fingers crossed!

Prayers are sent to all the Polksalets. Hang in there man!

I wanted to send a bit of an update... I visited Polk & Mrs. Polk at UAMS (University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences) last night, and she was out on pain meds the whole time I was there. I passed along the fact that so many of you have expressed words of encouragement and otherwise sent prayers along. He was deeply gratified and right now, they can use the prayers and best wishes.

I just received a call from him at 10am CST on this beautiful Sunday morning... Mom & baby are not doing well, and they are going to take the baby surgically in about an hour. As you recall from the original post, this is fairly early under the best of conditions, but the complications of the growth make it even more-so.

Bottom line is they all need mega-prayers right now. For those who don't know, he also has a six year old boy who has to be extremely worried and confused right now as well (please remember him as well).

After I know more later this evening, I will post an update.

Thanks for the update. Prayers in overdrive right now.

I've spoken with Polk a couple more times tonight...

Baby is doing better than they had hoped, though there is still a long way to go. Baby has been transported to Arkansas Children's Hospital this afternoon and will be undergoing surgery probably in the next 12-24 hours. The next 48 hours are probably the most critical. Keep the prayer line going, as they need 'em. Baby will likely be at Children's for a month or longer.

Mom feels like she was run over by a bus, but stable. Mom is still at UAMS, so Polk is having to travel between the two to visit mom & baby. He said mom will be in the hospital likely through the end of the week.

Dad is hanging in there, but he is emotionaly at the end of his ropes. I don't know how he is keeping his sanity, but he is.

I think the prayers and best wishes are helping them all hang in there, and he is absolutely grateful. I will post future updates as I have more information.

I've spoken with Polk a couple more times tonight...

Baby is doing better than they had hoped, though there is still a long way to go. Baby has been transported to Arkansas Children's Hospital this afternoon and will be undergoing surgery probably in the next 12-24 hours. The next 48 hours are probably the most critical. Keep the prayer line going, as they need 'em. Baby will likely be at Children's for a month or longer.

Mom feels like she was run over by a bus, but stable. Mom is still at UAMS, so Polk is having to travel between the two to visit mom & baby. He said mom will be in the hospital likely through the end of the week.

Dad is hanging in there, but he is emotionaly at the end of his ropes. I don't know how he is keeping his sanity, but he is.

I think the prayers and best wishes are helping them all hang in there, and he is absolutely grateful. I will post future updates as I have more information.

Thanks for the update. Prayers will continue, especially for the baby, but also for Mrs. Polk's recovery and Mr. Polk's peace of mind.

Thanks for the update. Prayers will continue, especially for the baby, but also for Mrs. Polk's recovery and Mr. Polk's peace of mind.

absolutely

Rams Fan, what can we do to help Polk out? (Would, say, gift cards to various restaurants be appreciated? Or anything else that you or Polk can think of?)

Rams fan..Awesome job keeping us posted . It is very much appreciated..The polk family I am sending the strongest prayer I can possibly send from the bottom of my heart..God be with you all.

what can we do to help Polk out? (Would, say, gift cards to various restaurants be appreciated? Or anything else that you or Polk can think of?)

Good idea.

As a matter of fact, I recall polk mentioning he needed a 1994 Tercel and a 19" Toshiba tv, but I wouldn't even know where to get such items... :D

If anyone is interested, I'll be sending Mrs. Polk some flowers from "All Mr. Polk's friends at The Huddle" in the next couple of days.

If you're interested in participating, email me and I'll give you the paypal / snail-mail addresses to participate.