[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A huddler family (the Polksalets) needs your prayers

wiegie

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people are amazing!

We have enough cash RIGHT NOW to (approximately) pay for gas for three round trips to and from Little Rock to Texarkana each week for the next month. In the next day or so, I'll be going to Shell (or wherever) to get a gas gift card for Polksalet and Polksalette to start using asap.

Also, I'm going to guess that they'll go up and spend a night or two here and there over weekends, etc. so, I'll leave the kitty open for anyone else that cares to kick a couple of bucks in to help cover food in transit and in LR and maybe a night or two of hotels over the next month.

We are home. Everything is going better than we could have possibly imagined. I am felling a little freaky from lack of sleep and anxiety but we are well. I appreciate you guys more than I can say. I will pen an incredible stroy tomorrow and post it here.

Night

Best of luck to you -- may God bless you and yours, Polk!

Edit - a bit sent to help with gas ..

Edited by Donutrun Jellies

In the next day or so, I'll be going to Shell (or wherever) to get a gas gift card for Polksalet and Polksalette to start using asap.

May I suggest getting a VISA gift card so they can use it at any gas station and don't have to worry if the gas station picked is available during the whole trip.

Thanks Muck!

May I suggest getting a VISA gift card so they can use it at any gas station and don't have to worry if the gas station picked is available during the whole trip.

Thanks Muck!

Great advice, this guy clearly knows his way around cars/travel.

You people are amazing!

We have enough cash RIGHT NOW to (approximately) pay for gas for three round trips to and from Little Rock to Texarkana each week for the next month. In the next day or so, I'll be going to Shell (or wherever) to get a gas gift card for Polksalet and Polksalette to start using asap.

Also, I'm going to guess that they'll go up and spend a night or two here and there over weekends, etc. so, I'll leave the kitty open for anyone else that cares to kick a couple of bucks in to help cover food in transit and in LR and maybe a night or two of hotels over the next month.

Muck, thanks so much for handling all of this............ funds sent.

Ramsfan - thanks for keeping us informed.

Polk,

I'm so glad to hear that the news has been positive so far. Best wishes and prayers sent on your wife and babies continues recoveries. I'll add you to our Church prayers as well.

This is such an amazing place in times of need. I'm proud to be a part of it. :D

Edited by Menudo

Thanks Muck!

actually i think my sister (who works at a bank) said those don't usually work at gas stations, at least not for pay at the pump. the reason being that when the pump authorizes your card, it sorta sends an open-ended request instead of a specific amount (since it doesn't know how much you're gonna buy yet), and this causes most of the gift visa cards to get rejected.

not sure why it would be different with a shell card, but that's what i've been told.

actually i think my sister (who works at a bank) said those don't usually work at gas stations, at least not for pay at the pump. the reason being that when the pump authorizes your card, it sorta sends an open-ended request instead of a specific amount (since it doesn't know how much you're gonna buy yet), and this causes most of the gift visa cards to get rejected.

not sure why it would be different with a shell card, but that's what i've been told.

That's what happens when you listen to Puddy. :D

Maybe split the money betwee na prepaiod gas card and a visa card, as the Visa card could be used for food/other necessities.

Any way of finding out if there are any restaurants close to the hospital, etc. that we could also look into? Maybe an Outback or something like that so they don't have to eat hospital food when they are there.

As an economist, I suggest we just send them a check or cash and then let the Polk family decide on their own how best to spend the money.

(unless we are afraid they will just use the money for drugs or alcohol)

Edited by wiegie

I figure let's focus on the gas first, then lodging/food next.

Gas is pretty much taken care of (Polk and I are PM'ing on how it's best for him for this to happen).

As an economist, I suggest we just send them a check or cash and then let the Polk family decide on their own how best to spend the money.

(unless we are afraid they will just use the money for drugs or alcohol)

The hospital is in the right part of town to score some smack, but no fears there from the Polks. :D

The hospital is in the right part of town to score some smack, but no fears there from the Polks. :D

My unsightly friend "RF" has generously provided housing for us.

Hot pockets RULE!!!!!

My unsightly friend "RF" has generously provided housing for us.

Hot pockets RULE!!!!!

cool. Rent Jim Gaffagin "In the pale" to hear his read on hot pockets... very funny. Glad to hear all is well.