[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stanley Cup Finals

jaxfactor

I noticed a schedule of the Finals game and they're all 8:00PM starts. :D I'm clapping but I'm sure Ducks fans are slightly pissed becuse the games will start at 5:00 out there. Welcome to the NHL , where we screw the home team and the US fans as well.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NHL :D - Does anyone even care about the NHL anymore.

:tup: You'd be the NHL's biggest fan if your pathetic Stars didn't suck balls. :doh:

At times, you do amuse me.

Great game last night, quick, hard hitting, good goaltending. This series will get ugly, and I'm looking forward to it. :D

Great game last night, quick, hard hitting, good goaltending. This series will get ugly, and I'm looking forward to it. :D

I thought the Ducks D played great last night, especially against Ottawa's top line. If the Sens wanna win, they're going to have to find a way to get some chances at even strength. I thought they relied too much on the powerplay last night

I've said it before and I will say it again. I will take the more physical team every day in playoff hockey. Mix in the playoff experience, and the better goalie and the Ducks win this thing in 5 or 6 games. I love the Sen's speed and top line, but that is not what wins THE Cup.

Too bad the best team is out already. Next year Hockeytown, next year.

Even here in John LeClair's childhood backyard, a youth hockey mecca full of obessed kids and overly obsessed parents, there is nooooo chatter about the NHL playoffs ... :D

Tricia Garner's column in Sporting News sums up the sad state of affairs preeeeetty well ... While NBC's dumping of an overtime playoff game for the pre-race chatter at a horse race brings to life the analogy of professional hockey's exile to the end of the sports parade, constantly stepping in what the horses up front leave behind ...

How the heck does a pro sport fall off the face of the earth when its youth version for both genders, the college version, and the minor league versions thrive? Huh. I wonder what the pro game has that the other three levels don't waste time with? Gotta be something wrecking the watchability and credibility of the pro game that doesn't impact any other level of the game ...

Gary Bettman.

Ding ding ding! Thank you Hugh! Now if we could just impeach his ass.

And it looks like my Ottawa prediction was way off. The 9 day layoff killed their legs. I watch them in the other 3 series and they were all over every loose puck. Now, they're dragging ass. Hopefully they can make it a series with 2 home wins. I'd love to see 7 games but right now, I seriously doubt that'll happen.

Can someone please explain to me how they reversed the on ice call of no goal when Alfredsson clearly turned his skate and directed the puck in the net last night. The NHL says he didn't kick it in but I guess when Crosby did the exact same thing against Ottawa he did kick it in and it was a no goal? And let's not forget about Rachunek's goal that was waved off against the Sabres. The inconsistencies are just mind boggling and frustrating. It starts with Bettman and goes all the way down to the refs. Is there any wonder why the NHL gets booted for the pre-race preakness talk? What a joke.

Can someone please explain to me how they reversed the on ice call of no goal when Alfredsson clearly turned his skate and directed the puck in the net last night. The NHL says he didn't kick it in but I guess when Crosby did the exact same thing against Ottawa he did kick it in and it was a no goal? And let's not forget about Rachunek's goal that was waved off against the Sabres. The inconsistencies are just mind boggling and frustrating. It starts with Bettman and goes all the way down to the refs. Is there any wonder why the NHL gets booted for the pre-race preakness talk? What a joke.

being a Ranger's fan, that call last night pissed me off. If you're gonna make a rule like this, you have to have to know what is a goal and what isn't. I don't understand how Rachunek's goal doesn't count, but in the Finals, it does

being a Ranger's fan, that call last night pissed me off. If you're gonna make a rule like this, you have to have to know what is a goal and what isn't. I don't understand how Rachunek's goal doesn't count, but in the Finals, it does

I certainly can understand why you would be pissed. I'm a Sabres fan but the fact is that if Alfredsson's "goal" was truly that then so was Rachunek's, so was Crosby's and so was Vanek's against Ottawa. Then you have that Pominville goal against the Rangers or maybe the Isles that did count that shouldn't have. I just think the NHL didn't want a sweep so they gave Alfie the goal. Clearly every call went against Anaheim last night. I normally don't jump on the conspiracy theory stuff but after what went down last night it's hard to not think something is going on.

Edited by Piles

I certainly can understand why you would be pissed. I'm a Sabres fan but the fact is that if Alfredsson's "goal" was truly that then so was Rachunek's, so was Crosby's and so was Vanek's against Ottawa. Then you have that Pominville goal against the Rangers or maybe the Isles that did count that shouldn't have. I just think the NHL didn't want a sweep so they gave Alfie the goal. Clearly every call went against Anaheim last night. I normally don't jump on the conspiracy theory stuff but after what went down last night it's hard to not think something is going on.

I think hey have to do some revision on his rule when the season is over. The announcers said last night that even the players don't completely understand what's a goal and what isn't. They have to have clear guidelines as to what a player can use his feet for. Right now, it's pretty much based on how the refs interpret it and it's clearly changing from one game to another.

:D You'd be the NHL's biggest fan if your pathetic Stars didn't suck balls. :tup:

At times, you do amuse me.

LMAO, I havent watched a hockey game since 99. That game bores me as much if not more than Soccer.

LMAO, I havent watched a hockey game since 99. That game bores me as much if not more than Soccer.

yea you're right:

Hockey-fast paced, probably the fastest game on 2 feet, 100 mph slap shots, body checks, goaltenders snatching a puck out of the air a split-second after it left a guy's stick, fighting, the greatest trophy in all of sports

Soccer-a bunch of panzies kicking a ball down the field and chasing after it

i see your point :D

ok, I see your point now, Soccer on skates. :D

To each their own. But in my humble opinion hockey is certainly much more entertaining than both baseball and basketball. Although with the viewership for the Stanley Cup so low it appears I am certainly in the minority.

Terrible call. Everyone in flipping Canaduh wants the Sens to win. Where do they review plays? The warroom in Toronto. I wonder how many Americans are present?

Now to get a conspiracy theory going here, but that was pretty f*cking weak. Alfreddson looked like freaking Pele out there. He was looking right at the puck too. Might was well get rid of that tule completely if you're going to let them do whatever they want anyway. Totally weak. Bettman sucks c*ck, and so does Colin Campell.

Really? :D

Definate Stars fan here. And Im not worried, its game one, and the Stars let the 2-0 lead go to their head. Its wont happen again.

How bout them Stars. Im definately a fan of the Dallas Stars win or lose. Talk all the chit you want, but lets just say until you have 4 Ws, you havent won anything.

Yep, put a fork in your Nuggets and my Stars. But you got to admit, 10 Power plays, and the weakest called penalty of the series with less than 2 minutes to play. That was a snow job, but no excuses in OT, Dallas looked like they gave up after the ref gave Colorado chance after chance to tie the game.

Seems to me that you watched a little hockey. And you say you're a Stars fan. And that was only from 1 thread. I could keep going, but I think I've made my point.