[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lebron James is a Freak!

Mojo20

1st and foremost I got to stick up for my boy Prince. no man can guard Lebron 1 on 1. and calling him pathetic because of 1 series is quite foolish IMO. if you go back and look and Princes playoff performances over his career I think you will notice this.

Next...every year you see someone saying how good their team did in the regular season vs another team to see their team get blown out. this is not the regular season..this is the playoffs. this is where champions step up. Lebron WILL get his stats...no doubt about it. but who else will?

Not to mention S.A. has a real coach.

I actually do not like this series for Parker. I think between Hughes and Snow they will give Parker all he can handle.I look for Ginobli to have a huge series though.

Parker will destroy Eric Snow, who is probably the slowest Guard in the league. Hughes healthy couldn't keep Parker in front of him, one bad wheel- not a chance in hell. Parker will dominate, he will be able to go anywhere he wants, whenever he wants on the floor.......

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isnt the regular season. Tim Duncan was great the other night. "Cleveland is going to need more than Lebron James to beat us. Alot more. " Ive never heard him talk trash before, not saying he hasnt, but he is usually a humble guy, but even he is tired of the hype of Lebron James. A year ago, everyone was saying Dwyane Wade this and Dwayne Wade that. This yr its Lebron. But Lebron doesnt have Shaq and Mourning sitting at the rim like Miami did. If Miami were healthy this yr, Cleveland wouldnt be in this spot.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

This isnt the regular season. Tim Duncan was great the other night. "Cleveland is going to need more than Lebron James to beat us. Alot more. " Ive never heard him talk trash before, not saying he hasnt, but he is usually a humble guy, but even he is tired of the hype of Lebron James.

I'm not arguing that. Cleveland will need more. LeBron played 1-on-5 against the Pistons in game 5 and it took him 2 overtimes and an amazing hot streak. That's unlikely to happen again. But Cleveland has enough role players (mostly defenders, rebounders and spot-up shooters) that mesh well with James' game.

If I'm wrong, you know I'll be the first to step up and admit it. But other than the same "experts" who picked Detroit over Cleveland because Detroit was a more rounded team and had more experience (sound familiar), I haven't seen any reasoning why Cleveland can't play with San Antonio. In fact I've seen just the opposite.

Even though this was not posted to me I will give my rationale as to why I think they won't win. remember....not being argumentative..just posting my thoughts on it.

1st is coaching. I have no respect for Mike Brown as a coach and I don't believe he is the guy that can bring them a championship.

2nd is Tim Duncan. he has proven it before and IMO has proven it against much better teams.

3rd is home court. S.A. has it and it is a major advantage.

I think this whole series (for Cleveland)will come down to Ilgauskas. he is good enough to dominate and is going to have to for Cleveland to have a chance. he is capable and IMO is underused by Cleveland.

Like I said before..I will be rooting for Cleveland as I don't want to see the Title in the western conference.

Parker will destroy Eric Snow, who is probably the slowest Guard in the league. Hughes healthy couldn't keep Parker in front of him, one bad wheel- not a chance in hell. Parker will dominate, he will be able to go anywhere he wants, whenever he wants on the floor.......

Snow is in the league for 1 reason and 1 reason only...he can defend.

And as you think Parker is going to do anything he wants..whenever wherever....I would bet he don't average 20 per game. :D

Even though this was not posted to me I will give my rationale as to why I think they won't win. remember....not being argumentative..just posting my thoughts on it.

1st is coaching. I have no respect for Mike Brown as a coach and I don't believe he is the guy that can bring them a championship.

2nd is Tim Duncan. he has proven it before and IMO has proven it against much better teams.

3rd is home court. S.A. has it and it is a major advantage.

I think this whole series (for Cleveland)will come down to Ilgauskas. he is good enough to dominate and is going to have to for Cleveland to have a chance. he is capable and IMO is underused by Cleveland.

Like I said before..I will be rooting for Cleveland as I don't want to see the Title in the western conference.

Coach Brown has made many questionable moves, and his offensive strategy is certainly lacking, but he was the defensive coach in San Antonio and he's turned the Cavs into an excellent defensive team, you have to give him that. But certainly if you were picking between the 2 coaches, you would pick Popovich.

Duncan is good, no doubt, but Cleveland has more size than most teams. Ilgauskas, Gooden, Varejao are all big bodies and great rebounders. Add in James and Cleveland has 4 of the top 51 rebounders for the season: Gooden (25th - 8.5 RPG), Ilgauskas (33rd - 7.7), James (50th - 6.7), Varejao (51st - 6.7).

Duncan was 10th in the league with 10.6 rebounds per game. Who was San Antonio's 2nd best rebounder?

Francisco Elson, 109th with 4.8 RPG.

If you look at just offensive rebounds, it's even worse with Gooden (9th - 3.3) and Ilgauskas (11th - 3.1) both ahead of Duncan (20th - 2.7) with Varejao (31st - 2.4) not far behind.

In the half-court set, limiting the other team to 1 shot is hugh, and getting 2nd (and 3rd) shots for your own team is just as hugh. How do the Spurs account for this?

3rd, home court is important, no doubt. I wouldn't be surprised to see San Antonio win, and home court play a factor.

But if you're counting home court as a factor, you must think the Cavs can win at least 2 games or more. Because 3 of the first 5 games are in Cleveland. If you think the Spurs win 4-1, Cleveland has the home court advantage (of the first 5 games).

I've never said Cleveland will win. They might and I hope they do. But mark my words, this will be a series. There could even be a blowout early (ala Detroit-Cleveland last year), but the Cavs recovered in that series, was within 1 rebound of winning the series in game 6, before getting destroyed by the Pistons in game 7.

Coach Brown has made many questionable moves, and his offensive strategy is certainly lacking, but he was the defensive coach in San Antonio and he's turned the Cavs into an excellent defensive team, you have to give him that. But certainly if you were picking between the 2 coaches, you would pick Popovich.

Duncan is good, no doubt, but Cleveland has more size than most teams. Ilgauskas, Gooden, Varejao are all big bodies and great rebounders. Add in James and Cleveland has 4 of the top 51 rebounders for the season: Gooden (25th - 8.5 RPG), Ilgauskas (33rd - 7.7), James (50th - 6.7), Varejao (51st - 6.7).

Duncan was 10th in the league with 10.6 rebounds per game. Who was San Antonio's 2nd best rebounder?

Francisco Elson, 109th with 4.8 RPG.

If you look at just offensive rebounds, it's even worse with Gooden (9th - 3.3) and Ilgauskas (11th - 3.1) both ahead of Duncan (20th - 2.7) with Varejao (31st - 2.4) not far behind.

In the half-court set, limiting the other team to 1 shot is hugh, and getting 2nd (and 3rd) shots for your own team is just as hugh. How do the Spurs account for this?

3rd, home court is important, no doubt. I wouldn't be surprised to see San Antonio win, and home court play a factor.

But if you're counting home court as a factor, you must think the Cavs can win at least 2 games or more. Because 3 of the first 5 games are in Cleveland. If you think the Spurs win 4-1, Cleveland has the home court advantage (of the first 5 games).

I've never said Cleveland will win. They might and I hope they do. But mark my words, this will be a series. There could even be a blowout early (ala Detroit-Cleveland last year), but the Cavs recovered in that series, was within 1 rebound of winning the series in game 6, before getting destroyed by the Pistons in game 7.

Good post Kev. your objectivity is rare when discussing anything like this here with a homer.

I agree that Brown does understand the defensive side of the ball and he also understands how important the half court game is which is a rarity with many coaches nowadays. those are good traits. but his decision making in all other areas is bad. his timeouts calls are very bad at times. the way he uses his players(IMO) is horrible.the best decision he made all year was the move to get Pavlicek(or however you spell it) into the lineup and move Hughes to PG. they have been a different team ever since.

When talking rebounds many people overvalue the offensive rebound. many of the leagues better offensive rebounding teams are some of the bad teams. they get so many offensive rebounds because their team is such a bad shooting team(the Cavs were 22nd in FG percentage). the Spurs on the other hand were much more efficient on offense(2nd in FG percentage) so there was less offfensive rebounds to grab.

I am not saying Cleveland cannot compete and possibly win..because they can. I also expect good games. but I see the Spurs winning in 6.

:D

Still cannot believe he lucked out on that superstar Gado.

lucked out? that was easy money baby.

Don't worry, I will give ya a chance to get even this fall. Although, I doubt we will be wagering on the NBA finals, which looks like it could be the worst matchup in years............

Fine, Your on, $50 bet, i will take Parker averaging over 20pts/game. Your on :D , chit let's go $100.

Edited by wildcat2334

lucked out? that was easy money baby.

Don't worry, I will give ya a chance to get even this fall. Although, I doubt we will be wagering on the NBA finals, which looks like it could be the worst matchup in years............

Whats up on Parker?

You don't think he scores 20 a game either? :D