[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is the wierdest yet enjoyable movie you ever saw?

DMD

Just got done watching Fight Club. Man - that is one trippy movie. I enjoy it and I am not even sure why. But it is VERY out there in plot and scenes. I'll watch it anytime it is on cable. It's occasionally gross, often confusing at first and just a trip to watch. It's like a heavy psychological guys kind of flick. In one scene they seem to be examining universal truths about society and in the next it's like a cartoon story.

Now I feel badly for talking about it.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got done watching Fight Club. Man - that is one trippy movie. I enjoy it and I am not even sure why. But it is VERY out there in plot and scenes. I'll watch it anytime it is on cable. It's occasionally gross, often confusing at first and just a trip to watch. It's like a heavy psychological guys kind of flick. In one scene they seem to be examining universal truths about society and in the next it's like a cartoon story.

Now I feel badly for talking about it.

Fight club was a good movie, but disturbing… I doubt I’d ever watch it again knowing how it ends. Sort of the same with Pulp Fiction… though I have watched it prolly three times. The violence in the Kill Bill movies is cartoonish, and while dark, it’s mostly bad people doing horrible things to other bad people and I watch them once a year or so. Agree with 12 monkeys and Memento, and would add Bladerunner though it’s an old movie. The directors cut to Bladerunner ends differently which I think is better, but it cuts out the best scene when Rutger Hauer times out. In this vein, did anyone like Sin City? I thought the cinematography was excellent, but too far out there for me.

Memento

And in the has anyone even heard of it category....Zardoz

Memento for sure

I've seen Zardoz about seven times - great but utterly weird.

did anyone like Sin City?

Another great one, very enjoyable.

I'd add Dark City

Edit: The French version of The Vanishing is weird and the ending is horrifying.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

From Japan, Tetsuo and A Snake of June. Both terminally weird.

Review from IMDB:

An insane cyberpunk masterpiece!!!

"Tetsuo: the Iron Man" is utter chaos. Shinya Tsukamoto has created a strange world of metal fetishists and human decay. To make it all the more insane, it's filmed at the pace of a speed adrenaline rush. An office worker slowly transforms into a mutated metal creature after cutting himself shaving. Wires, drills, cables and steel burst from his face and body. And who can forget the giant metal drill penis? The office worker faces off with a villain who has a metal fetish. The villain enjoys sticking metal objects in himself. The film turns into a battle to the finish between the two men. "Tetsuo" has to be one of the strangest films ever made. Stranger than both "Eraserhead" and "Begotten". It's fast pace style can be later seen in films like PI. Thank God, this film is in black and white; it's extremely graphic!

And while we're about it, Eraserhead by David Lynch.

Edited by Ursa Majoris