[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP Dynasty league, what are the basics?

Hi guys, looking for some input from people experienced with IDP leagues.

Currently in a DYNASTY league converting to IDPs.

What are the basics? How many roster spots should we reserve for IDP's? Should we draft them seperately from non IDP's? And most importantly, where do I find a dynasty IDP cheat sheet?

Thanks in advance

Hi guys, looking for some input from people experienced with IDP leagues.

Currently in a DYNASTY league converting to IDPs.

Thanks in advance

What are the basics?

Ususally 8 spots with scoring similar to this:

Number of Defensive Fumble Recovery TDs - 6 points each

Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) - 2 points each

Forced Fumbles - 3 points each

Number of Interception Return TDs -6 points each

Interceptions Caught - 3 points each

Passes Defensed - 1.5 points each

Defensive Assists - 1 point each

Tackles - 2 points each

Sacked a QB - 1.5 points per .5 sack

Safeties - 3 points each

How many roster spots should we reserve for IDP's?

Most of the leagues I am in have 8 total IDP slots. It is usually broken down with (2 or 3) DL, (3) LB, (2 or 3) DB. I have seen some that seperate the DT/DE and CB/S but, most keep them lumped together. I have also seen some that use a lower scoring system for LBs sometimes allows as many as 4 at the position. But most I am familiar with use the combination above.

Should we draft them seperately from non IDP's?

Again, all I can speak from is personal experience with my leagues but, they are usually drafted together. Saves time and makes for a more interesting draft, IMO.

And most importantly, where do I find a dynasty IDP cheat sheet?

I think Sarge and Darin usually do something every year, but not sure what they have done or in the works so far.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. But the guys in my league want something simpler. They are kicking around an arrangement that would replace our team D with 1 starting DL, 1 starting LB and 1 starting DB. The total average points scored by all 3 would average around what the team D scored. Is this what some leagues are doing? Should I be trying to talk them into something like the advice above? None of the 10 teams in this league have ever played in a IDP league before and I don't want the league to decide against this so we need help.

Thanks for the info. But the guys in my league want something simpler. They are kicking around an arrangement that would replace our team D with 1 starting DL, 1 starting LB and 1 starting DB. The total average points scored by all 3 would average around what the team D scored. Is this what some leagues are doing? Should I be trying to talk them into something like the advice above? None of the 10 teams in this league have ever played in a IDP league before and I don't want the league to decide against this so we need help.

1/1/1 really isnt going to be much of a challenge...there will most likely be top 10-15 guys avail on waivers all season long...if they want to go IDP they need to take the plunge...if its going to be an after thought(1/1/1) then it will most likely fail anyway....if none of the 10 teams have done IDP before then thats great the learning curve puts everyone at square 1....the above scoring and starting requirements are very solid and will make for a very nice league as it matures

1/1/1 really isnt going to be much of a challenge...there will most likely be top 10-15 guys avail on waivers all season long...if they want to go IDP they need to take the plunge...if its going to be an after thought(1/1/1) then it will most likely fail anyway....if none of the 10 teams have done IDP before then thats great the learning curve puts everyone at square 1....the above scoring and starting requirements are very solid and will make for a very nice league as it matures

I completely agree with Keggerz above. My first plunge was years ago into Dynasty IDP and I can tell you that I'd never want to do anything else but IDP dynasty (except for the leagues I've been in for years :D ). While the format above is offered in alot of leagues I can tell you that starting a complete D is the most challenging and rewarding. Start 11 and mimic the NFL with different structures:

4-3 D - 4 DL, 3 LB, 4 DB

3-4 D - 3 DL, 4 LB, 4 DB

Nickel - 4 DL, 2 LB, 5 DB

Dime - 4 DL, 1 LB, 6 DB

Like the NFL, a great D with a medicro O can get you to the Fantasy Bowl.

I've never seen an IDP league that doesn't start at least 7 D players, though I'm sure they are out there. Full blown 11 player IDP leagues with flex options is quite frankly a gas & will make watching on Sundays that much better (and you thought it wasn't possible...)

If you are starting 1/1/1, you aren't going to enjoy IDPs much, but you sure will make the top 2-3 players' value at each position skyrocket (which might make the experience even worse, to be honest). Think if you played in a regular league where you only started 1 RB & 1 WR. The guy having Tomlinson would have a gigantic advanatge before the season even started - so much so that I would guess at least 50% of the league would lose interest after the first 2-3 weeks and they knew they couldn't compete.

If your league is going to use IDPs, you need to make the decision to dive in, not just dip a toe in the pool & then decide not to go swimming because the water isn't just right.

I am one of those that is in a league that plays 1/1/1. I joined this league as an expansion team. This was the first time I had ever played IDP, and it was a nice way to get started but overall more players is the way to go. I am going to try to get the league to expand, but they seem to get defensive when the new guy tries to take over. :D

You guys make a strong point. I just have to decide a the simplist way to approach this.

Another question, how many total points does a seven man D score compared to the total of the O?

FUSION

GMX

ConFusion

DW2

DW3

those leagues are all pretty similar(some exact) but if you can navigate thru MFL you can take a look at different teams and see for yourself