[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

*** Official Everwars Thread ***

Super Twinky

Major dry spell, it's been two days and 140 battles since I've gotten anything worth keeping. Mind you, it was a rare Bastage sword, but I think I've finally hit a wall. My needs have gotten very specific and I don't like my chances of stumbling upon them. Basically at this point, anything but a bad ass sword or quarterstaff, high level strength jewels or charms or really nice gloves is pretty much worthless to me.

I might, perish the thought, stop farming and just log in each day, hit the few people ranked around me that I know I can beat and wait for the changes/open market.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major dry spell, it's been two days and 140 battles since I've gotten anything worth keeping. Mind you, it was a rare Bastage sword, but I think I've finally hit a wall. My needs have gotten very specific and I don't like my chances of stumbling upon them. Basically at this point, anything but a bad ass sword or quarterstaff, high level strength jewels or charms or really nice gloves is pretty much worthless to me.

I might, perish the thought, stop farming and just log in each day, hit the few people ranked around me that I know I can beat and wait for the changes/open market.

Yep, it's been even longer for me...

Unfortunately, I'm a little click monkey that has to burn through those EP's as soon as I get them. LOL

Yep, it's been even longer for me...

Unfortunately, I'm a little click monkey that has to burn through those EP's as soon as I get them. LOL

Well, I couldn't resist to go farming one more time tonight. I took 6 prize codes, the bad news is that I didn't get anything I needed. The good news is that I got 2 UCs and 2 commons out of it so I ended up gaining 6 EP net.

I'm up to 70 EP now. By monday I'll be over 100. I really hope the player store opens soon.

Well, I couldn't resist to go farming one more time tonight. I took 6 prize codes, the bad news is that I didn't get anything I needed. The good news is that I got 2 UCs and 2 commons out of it so I ended up gaining 6 EP net.

I'm up to 70 EP now. By monday I'll be over 100. I really hope the player store opens soon.

No such luck for me. Just went through about 40 EP and only got 7 Commons.

My luck needs to turn around one of these days....

Well, got a few tidbits about the update.

1. No more SP will be awarded as prizes

2. They're adding levels. You'll gain bonuses by level. They've been tracking experience for a while now, so you may be able to level fairly soon.

The update should be happening soon.

Back at it again. Honestly, it is all relative and I actually like the change. Recruitment is now less important than it was before and I had reached a stage where I pretty much wasn't going to move up anymore.

Now it's wide open.

And I'm already ranked higher than I ever got in the old system. I'm a crazy axe and great sword wielding machine.

The fact that attacks cost 3 EP means that I may actually stop playing this game for stretches of time as well.

Edited by detlef

I'm currently up in the high 50's. I suspect that rankings will be volatile for a while and then it will end up resembling what it was before the change.

I thnk I'll quit. The oldbies got in excess of 300 ep while we got 74. I just listened to onetime and MountainKing telling each other they just spent 240 on skills.

What a crock of horsesh!t.

If I thought anything counted for anything then I'd agree. But mostly it just doesn't matter.

I think the toughest thing about the update is the energy and attack ratings. With common weapons and armor, im at 58/70. How are you supposed to battle when you start getting good stuff with that limit?

the attack ratio is kinda harsh too, since good items will hurt the chances on the next turn

I think the toughest thing about the update is the energy and attack ratings. With common weapons and armor, im at 58/70. How are you supposed to battle when you start getting good stuff with that limit?

the attack ratio is kinda harsh too, since good items will hurt the chances on the next turn

that's one way to keep any one person from becoming too powerful

I actually like that. It makes you think about what you're gonna bring to battle rather than just get lucky and collect 10 rare great swords. I've had to ditch a few items already because of energy issues and likely will again once i start getting better armor.

Mind you, I've gotten a relative ton of great axes and big swords already so I maxed out pretty quick.

that's one way to keep any one person from becoming too powerful

True, it will help level the field a bit. It seems like you should have some way of bumping your energy though. Also, if we only get SPs from losses based on our attacks, thats a tough way to gather them for training. We'll have to attack higher ranked players to build up the skills, while using EPs (or cashing in), all the while waiting to build the EPs so you can battle. Its a vicious circle :D

True, it will help level the field a bit. It seems like you should have some way of bumping your energy though. Also, if we only get SPs from losses based on our attacks, thats a tough way to gather them for training. We'll have to attack higher ranked players to build up the skills, while using EPs (or cashing in), all the while waiting to build the EPs so you can battle. Its a vicious circle :D

yeah, I hate the fact that you cannot get better skills without losing...I attacked higher ranked players this morning and I haven't lost yet...so I cannot get better skills...kinda dumb

yeah, I hate the fact that you cannot get better skills without losing...I attacked higher ranked players this morning and I haven't lost yet...so I cannot get better skills...kinda dumb

You can always buy SPs like before. It's a better value than waiting until you lose because in that case you spend 3 EP for one SP. All the things that make the game harder apply to everyone so I think it makes the game more interesting.

It's like saying, "The thing I hate about chess is that all the pieces have restrictions on how you can move them. You should just be able to move all of them the way you move the queen. That would be sweet."