[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

*** Official Everwars Thread ***

Super Twinky

My mage pwers are as high as i can get now, what do I need to do next, i ranked 44 on page 2?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what is the deal with Barsa? He's got a 1.0 rating and uses a default dagger and a kuckleduster among his otherwise pretty routine weapons. Even if he's used all his EP to train with, he can't be that far ahead of me 'cause I'm over 490 right now and am only training armor/heavy armor and 3 weapons, so everything is over 80 SP.

That said, I'm 0-3 vs him and the last one wasn't all that close. He had like 35 left when I died. His armor can't be all that be all that if his rating is 1.0 and mine is actually pretty good as well (somewhere around 60). Here's the other funny thing, he starts with 159 life, so he must be using all his jewelry slots on life, so he's not getting any agility, dexterity, or strength.

He's also ranked on the first page, so I must not be the only guy who he beats.

Very odd...

Well, I'm now 4-4 after starting 0-4 against him. I got enough weapons in my main categories that I was able to drop one skill and focus. My rating has dropped from 1.5 to 1.2, but I'm beating guys that I used to lose to.

I must admit, the game is much more interesting since the reset and the DPS as well as the fact that UCs and Rs aren't necessarily better than Cs gives you a few more things to think about.

edit to add...now, of course, he's just dropped like a stone from page 1 to #325, so he's off the list.

Edited by detlef

OK, topped out again. I hit #26 but it's going to be tough making much more headway. I've managed to get enough quality largeswords and great axes so I can max out everything I have at 100 SP. The only person with as low a rating as me has got twice as many wins and the only person with as few wins as I has a much higher rating. While I realize that rating isn't everything, when you're talking about people with 500+ wins under their belt, there's a good chance that the UCs and Rares they have are not highly polished bronze weapons that are actually less potent than tarnished iron ones.

Now that I've maxed out my SP, I get nothing for losing so, should I go on, will have to drop back a bit in rank and hit players I can be assured of beating.

Right now, the list of guys on the first page that I pretty much split with are:

Darren Stone

Olaf

Xandar

Dellen (though lately he's owned me)

Some thoughts:

Mastery is basically a waste. I haven't seen anything past UC, but those are +3. I can't imagine taking a skill from 100 to 103 making much of a difference.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. They actually were on to something when they added the energy factor so you had to manage your weapons and not just load up on the big boys. Taking that away makes it just like before. I would be very surprised to find many, if anyone on page one who isn't either using magic or swinging big weapons.

I know I keep saying this, but I'm amazed I'm still playing this game. It says more about the fact that I am an abject addict for games than it does about the game itself.

OK, topped out again. I hit #26 but it's going to be tough making much more headway. I've managed to get enough quality largeswords and great axes so I can max out everything I have at 100 SP. The only person with as low a rating as me has got twice as many wins and the only person with as few wins as I has a much higher rating. While I realize that rating isn't everything, when you're talking about people with 500+ wins under their belt, there's a good chance that the UCs and Rares they have are not highly polished bronze weapons that are actually less potent than tarnished iron ones.

Now that I've maxed out my SP, I get nothing for losing so, should I go on, will have to drop back a bit in rank and hit players I can be assured of beating.

Right now, the list of guys on the first page that I pretty much split with are:

Darren Stone

Olaf

Xandar

Dellen (though lately he's owned me)

Some thoughts:

Mastery is basically a waste. I haven't seen anything past UC, but those are +3. I can't imagine taking a skill from 100 to 103 making much of a difference.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. They actually were on to something when they added the energy factor so you had to manage your weapons and not just load up on the big boys. Taking that away makes it just like before. I would be very surprised to find many, if anyone on page one who isn't either using magic or swinging big weapons.

I know I keep saying this, but I'm amazed I'm still playing this game. It says more about the fact that I am an abject addict for games than it does about the game itself.

I like it, but its frustrating to keep getting C weapons 10/1 over R & UC Spells, Mage armor and other crap i don't need. I have a R-Mage Armor mastery VI getting rusty since its worthless plus alot of spells. I can't remember the last time I won a decent fighter weapon. My nephew has a player and on his 10th battle, he gets a really nice Iron Largesword that i don't even have. :D

Somehow i keep hovering on the first page (22 as of this post), but not sure how. I beat a few on there prolly 50% of the time, and pg 2 about 70%. Occasionally someone will tap me and lose, but its unusual (Odin im 2-57 :D ). There is only three i haven't beat yet on page one: Crep, FBGRed and Leezard. Somewhere around 35-50 is where i feel i should be as equipped.

Its strange... when i attack you i lose. But if you come at me, you lose. We must be pretty close in weapons/armor/skills and whoever gets the first lick in wins or something.

NSab is getting tougher too :tup:

do you get better stuff for attacking stronger players, or is it just totally random so i should wail on newbs?

i've gradually been building a pretty strong dude, but my rating is low. it's kinda fun to check your battle log and see about half the people attacking you getting rejected.

can you ever change the name of your character? i kinda want to get my guy real strong with still sort of a low rating and then change his name to something provocative like "FBGays take it in the Az" so they'll attack me and i can hand em their lunch.

do you get better stuff for attacking stronger players, or is it just totally random so i should wail on newbs?

i've gradually been building a pretty strong dude, but my rating is low. it's kinda fun to check your battle log and see about half the people attacking you getting rejected.

can you ever change the name of your character? i kinda want to get my guy real strong with still sort of a low rating and then change his name to something provocative like "FBGays take it in the Az" so they'll attack me and i can hand em their lunch.

They say you get better loot going after higher ranked players, but I haven't actually seen that to be the case. Your "level" increases faster if you hit higher ranked players but I have no idea what that means.

Earlier today, I was actually up to #17 and had the distinction of being having nobody ranked ahead of me with as low or lower rating and having won less than half as many battles as everyone but one (who'd won nearly twice as many). Then all of a sudden the standings were updated and I (along with a bunch of others) inexplicably dropped like 300 spots.

Earlier today, I was actually up to #17 and had the distinction of being having nobody ranked ahead of me with as low or lower rating and having won less than half as many battles as everyone but one (who'd won nearly twice as many). Then all of a sudden the standings were updated and I (along with a bunch of others) inexplicably dropped like 300 spots.

same here. i was up on page 6 i think it was, then boom, down to page 12, dropped something like 200 spots. i'm still "rated" 1.0 but i'm owning guys 1.3, 1.4. maybe because i took a couple days off from attacking to save EPs?

same here. i was up on page 6 i think it was, then boom, down to page 12, dropped something like 200 spots. i'm still "rated" 1.0 but i'm owning guys 1.3, 1.4. maybe because i took a couple days off from attacking to save EPs?

First of all, Rating means nothing. It's just a relative measure of how cool your gear is. Second, we all dropped (I dropped to page 13 from page 2) because the made a change to the ranking system. They plan on making a bigger change to it once the player's market is stabilized, but for right now the change that was made should stabilize the ranking in a couple of days.

In the mean time, come fight me Az. Let's see if you're as bad as you think you are. I'm currently ranked 250.

I've moved up about 16 pages in the last 24 hours, and have only 22 times winning 20 and losing 2. And 2 of those wins were fought after the last rankings update. Right Now I'm on page 8.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Rating used to matter more in the old game because the uncommon and rare gear was much better than the common stuff. Now, it is really a very minor difference and, in many cases, there's common versions of the same weapons that are better.

For instance. Iron weapons are better than bronze ones, but a tarnished iron sword is only common and bronze version of the same thing in good shape is uncommon. Since your rating is based on how much ultra rare, rare, and uncommon stuff you have, it can be skewed by this.

As for the rankings correction, it didn't happen to everyone. Plenty stayed at the top and many moved way up to take the place of those of us who fell.

For instance, if you are looking for an easy mark on page one, hit Tinkerbell. I beat her with at least 100 life left every time and she's ranked like 20th right now.

How's this for a motley batch of prizes?

2007-07-24 18:27:00

Platinum Prize Code

Corroded Bronze Spear

2007-07-24 17:56:53

Platinum Prize Code

Burst of Mental I Spell

2007-07-24 17:36:53

Platinum Prize Code

Minor Water Debuff I

2007-07-24 17:24:12

Platinum Prize Code

Burst of Healing II Spell

2007-07-24 17:18:32

Platinum Prize Code

Torn Burlap Legs

2007-07-24 17:15:13

Platinum Prize Code

Minor Fire Debuff II

2007-07-24 17:12:07

Platinum Prize Code

Minor Dagger Debuff I

2007-07-24 17:09:50

Platinum Prize Code

Warped Pine Short Bow

2007-07-24 17:00:14

Platinum Prize Code

Cracked Boiled Leather Helm

2007-07-24 16:56:11

Platinum Prize Code

Burst of Mental II Scroll

2007-07-24 16:53:04

Platinum Prize Code

Minor Spear Mastery I

2007-07-24 16:48:51

Platinum Prize Code

Tattered Burlap Arms

2007-07-24 16:40:34

Platinum Prize Code

Burst of Water II Scroll

2007-07-24 16:35:50

Platinum Prize Code

Burst of Fire I Scroll

Just gotta keep farming that.

My nerdar isn't working anymore.

Who posted in: *** Official Everwars Thread ***

Poster Posts

detlef 243

Kid Cid 204

cre8tiff 99

Phat1 51

DemonKnight 41

Cunning Linguist 36

MrTed46 36

ABearWithFurniture 35

Bring Back Pat!!! 34

What's up with the rankings in this game? This is the first I've played in about 2 weeks and I was around 560 when I started tonight. I fought 5 or 6 players that were ranked slightly higher then me and only lost once. I assumed I would gain a couple of spots or at least stay where I was at. Not so much. I dropped 454 spots. :D

how about you fight me instead and tell me how it went. :D

You're not ranked high enough for me to waste my time on. I only pick on pepple ranked on pages 1-3 and page 3 is about to go.

You're not ranked high enough for me to waste my time on. I only pick on pepple ranked on pages 1-3 and page 3 is about to go.

My mysterious drop put me a few spots behind McNasty, so I was able to hit him before the next rankings pushed me up about 100 spots. FWIW, I didn't beat him as badly as some of the randoms on page 1 and 2 right now.

I'm on page 3...Come and get it!

Of course, in all seriousness. With all the hacks currently up there, there is no reason at all to hit anyone that you even have a chance of losing to.

I'm on page 3...Come and get it!

Of course, in all seriousness. With all the hacks currently up there, there is no reason at all to hit anyone that you even have a chance of losing to.

I was thumping you a bit regularly while you weren't playing but you've evened that up pretty much. I have no need to test my mettle against someone I might lose to. Especially with all that fodder on the first two pages.

I'm looking for axes. If anyone is going to auction these of I'd ask that you will give me a heads up. Unfortunately it will be a few days before I have the points to bid on one.

it seems like it only lets you put up one item for auction at a time? i have an iron battle axe i'd be happy to sell you, but it won't let me put it up for sale since i've already got a burst of mental V on the block. :D

it seems like it only lets you put up one item for auction at a time? i have an iron battle axe i'd be happy to sell you, but it won't let me put it up for sale since i've already got a burst of mental V on the block. :D

Wait a few days so I can build up some points, and I'll be happy to buy it.