[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Finals - Cavs vs Spurs

broncosn05

NBA Finals Predictions  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Game 1 and 2 @ Spurs

• Spurs Win 1 and 2
    • Cavs Win 1 and 2
    • Spurs Win 1 - Cavs Win 2
    • Cavs Win 1 - Spurs Win 2
  2. 2. Game 3 @ Cavs

• Spurs Win
    • Cavs Win
  3. 3. Game 4 @ Cavs

• Spurs Win
    • Cavs Win
    • Spurs win 4th
    • Cavs win 4th
  4. 4. Game 5 @ Cavs

• Spurs Win
    • Cavs Win
    • Spurs win 4th
    • Cavs win 4th
    • Spurs already won
    • Cavs already won
  5. 5. Game 6 @ Spurs

• Spurs Win
    • Cavs Win
    • Spurs Win 4th
    • Cavs Win 4th
    • Spurs already won
    • Cavs already won
  6. 6. Game 7 @ Spurs

• Spurs take it in 7
    • Cavs take it in 7
    • Spurs already won
    • Cavs already won

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Finals starting tonight, I'm interested to see how you guys think it will happen.

I've got -

Cavs

Spurs

Cavs

Cavs

Cavs

Gives me something to root for. :D

:D:tup: Well that's being optimistic now isn't it? The Spurs should win the series in about 5 or 6 but if Duncan and crew play poorly and Lebron plays off the charts and is given a chance, it could at the very least get interesting. I would love to see the Cavs win but all the stars have to line up just right for them.

:D:D Well that's being optimistic now isn't it? The Spurs should win the series in about 5 or 6 but if Duncan and crew play poorly and Lebron plays off the charts and is given a chance, it could at the very least get interesting. I would love to see the Cavs win but all the stars have to line up just right for them.

Definetely but after watching all of that Detroit series I have to root for Lebron.

I think it will go down as the lowest tv rated finals in history. Oh, and the Cavs might win one at home, but that's it.

Stern has to figure out how to make the Lakers, Celtics and Knicks better for the sake of ratings. We'll see.....

I didn't watch much of the game, more then I thought I would though.

Lebron has to be more agressive going to the basket and dishing from that position when the lane collapses.

I seen him last night come off of picks and wait for Bowen to face up on him and then start his move. Why not come off the pick and roll and go straight to the hole and gain that step on Bowen?

I don't know. I didn't understand it.

I think it will go down as the lowest tv rated finals in history. Oh, and the Cavs might win one at home, but that's it.

Stern has to figure out how to make the Lakers, Celtics and Knicks better for the sake of ratings. We'll see.....

It's sad but true that professional sports have been reduced to nothing but the $. At least, this Spurs fan will be glued to the screen for all 5 (maybe 6) games.

fixed

Hate to get over confident. I think the Cavs are capable of winning 1 maybe even 2 games in the series. Besides, the Spurs rarely sweep anyone. I think it's part of their "under the radar" strategy. Everyone seems to forget about them until the playoffs.

Edited by wirehairman

Hate to get over confident. I think the Cavs are capable of winning 1 maybe even 2 games in the series. Besides, the Spurs rarely sweep anyone. I think it's part of their "under the radar" strategy. Everyone seems to forget about them until the playoffs.

what a yawner- the difference between these 2 teams is night and day. SA can just put into cruise control and roll to W's.

Cleve in the West....they would have been fighting for a spot just to get into the postseason, and would have been the 7 seed at best

For fun, I was trying to think of teams that are better in the West, or would give SA a better series than the Cavs......

Phoenix

Dallas

Utah

Denver

Houston

Golden State

LAL - even chit, they have more talent on that team tha Cle does.

I predict you will be 1 for 4. Game 3 or 4 Cle will win. but thats it

Agreed. I think San Antonio will win in 4 or 5.

I think it will go down as the lowest tv rated finals in history.

Since when is basketball about ratings? Who cares? I'm tired of this mentality. The game should be about who wins or loses, not ratings.

I think Phoenix,Dallas, Utah and the Rockets were all better than the Cavs.

I think the Cavs could beat Denver,G.S or the Lakers.

ok, ok maybe the the 6th seed.

Yeah, strecthing a bit with GS & LAL- but the way GS finished up....I like em over Cle. LAL? probably an even series. Denver? I would take all day long over this team.

Cle does not impress me one bit. Deficiencies all over the floor.........having Hughes with a bad foot really hurts.

Edited by wildcat2334

Since when is basketball about ratings? Who cares? I'm tired of this mentality. The game should be about who wins or loses, not ratings.

:D tell that to the nba. i couldn't care less about the cavs-spurs, but i would've watched last night or tonight -- except that they weren't on. after having played thursday night, i can understand why they weren't on last night, but you can't tell me that the nba decided to skip a saturday night game because it was concerned the teams needed an extra rest day.

if you're saying that the average fan shouldn't care about ratings, i agree. i understand that the nba, as a business, has to care about ratings, but its obsession with them has come at the expense of the average fan, in my opinion.

anyone else feel sorry for Lebron James. He is laying an egg in these finals, and if he never gets back, will he be the Dan Marino of the NBA.

This kid is 22 and has millions. He's pretty low on my list of people to feel sorry for.

He's had games of 14 pts, 7 reb, 4 ast, and 25 pts, 7 reb, 6 ast. He's 13-37 (35%) from the field and 11-15 (73%) from the line. His game is off, for sure, but part of that has to be attributed to San Antonio running their entire defense at him (as expected). If that's an egg, it's a pretty golden egg.

And name the amount of the bet, if you really think he'll never be back to the finals. Put your $ where your mouth is.

I've never said Cleveland will win. They might and I hope they do. But mark my words, this will be a series. There could even be a blowout early (ala Detroit-Cleveland last year), but the Cavs recovered in that series, was within 1 rebound of winning the series in game 6, before getting destroyed by the Pistons in game 7.

2007 Finals

G1: San Antonio 85, Cleveland 76

G2: San Antonio 103, Cleveland 92

2006 Finals

G1: Dallas 90, Miami 80

G2: Dallas 99, Miami 85

Result: Miami wins 4-2

2005 Finals

G1: San Antonio 84, Detroit 69

G2: San Antonio 97, Detroit 76

Result: San Antonio wins 4-3

This is the 3rd consecutive year the Finals has started out with 2 wins by a large margin by the home team. The team that was down 2-0 won at least 3 games in each of those previous years. This series isn't over yet.

This kid is 22 and has millions. He's pretty low on my list of people to feel sorry for.

He's had games of 14 pts, 7 reb, 4 ast, and 25 pts, 7 reb, 6 ast. He's 13-37 (35%) from the field and 11-15 (73%) from the line. His game is off, for sure, but part of that has to be attributed to San Antonio running their entire defense at him (as expected). If that's an egg, it's a pretty golden egg.

And name the amount of the bet, if you really think he'll never be back to the finals. Put your $ where your mouth is.

2007 Finals

G1: San Antonio 85, Cleveland 76

G2: San Antonio 103, Cleveland 92

2006 Finals

G1: Dallas 90, Miami 80

G2: Dallas 99, Miami 85

Result: Miami wins 4-2

2005 Finals

G1: San Antonio 84, Detroit 69

G2: San Antonio 97, Detroit 76

Result: San Antonio wins 4-3

This is the 3rd consecutive year the Finals has started out with 2 wins by a large margin by the home team. The team that was down 2-0 won at least 3 games in each of those previous years. This series isn't over yet.

LMAO, Cleveland will win 3 games in this series. You name the amount. If you do that, Ill take your bet for the same amount. Anyone see Kobe making it back to the Finals anytime soon, and he is in his prime right now. Nope. If Cleveland doesnt surround this kid with talent next yr, In 3 yrs, Lebron probably wont be in Cleveland. so I should have said Cleveland wont be back to the finals again. But its no lock Lebron will either. So you take my bet, Ill certainly take yours. What were your remarks again, "put your money where you mouth is".

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

We will see. The Cavs made a nice push in the 4th last night, but it may come back to haunt them. Pop has the attention of his team now, and it should translate to the Spurs not coming out flat like they did in Game 3 versu Utah. I also don't see Pop pulling his starters with a 29 point lead again. The Spurs will be going for the jugular from here on out, start to finish.

With that said, the Cavs are still only one night of their outside shooting going in the bucket from taking a game at home.

The Cavs have a solid base of role players surrounding Lebron, and I would be willing to wager Lebron will be back in the finals with Cleveland. They are a solid point guard from being a regular contender for the East. Gibson may become that key piece if he can learn to play defense to go along with his phenomenal shooting.

Go Spurs!

Edited by wirehairman

there has some been some discussion going on whether the Cavs are the worst team EVER to reach the finals, and I think I am in that camp. Certianly the worst team of my lifetime, and the only ones that come to mind of late are NJ and Philly, and I think both were quite a bit better than this group. This is the 8th best team in the West.

Really unfortunate to have such a hugh East-West discrepancy, it is really hurting the NBA.

I am a hugh hoops and NBA fan, and I honestly don't really care if I see another minute of this series, which is saying alot.

Edited by wildcat2334