[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Finals - Cavs vs Spurs

broncosn05

NBA Finals Predictions  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Game 1 and 2 @ Spurs

• Spurs Win 1 and 2
    • Cavs Win 1 and 2
    • Spurs Win 1 - Cavs Win 2
    • Cavs Win 1 - Spurs Win 2
  2. 2. Game 3 @ Cavs

• Spurs Win
    • Cavs Win
  3. 3. Game 4 @ Cavs

• Spurs Win
    • Cavs Win
    • Spurs win 4th
    • Cavs win 4th
  4. 4. Game 5 @ Cavs

• Spurs Win
    • Cavs Win
    • Spurs win 4th
    • Cavs win 4th
    • Spurs already won
    • Cavs already won
  5. 5. Game 6 @ Spurs

• Spurs Win
    • Cavs Win
    • Spurs Win 4th
    • Cavs Win 4th
    • Spurs already won
    • Cavs already won
  6. 6. Game 7 @ Spurs

• Spurs take it in 7
    • Cavs take it in 7
    • Spurs already won
    • Cavs already won

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a fan of Labron is maddening at times... Why did he just pass the ball? You're the leader, take the shot.

LeBron a little too unselfish, but he had to expect the ball back from Varejao.

Cavs played well enough to win, other than the entire team going cold from 3-point range.

Obvious foul (intentional even) on Bowen to end the game but Cavs shouldn't have been in that position, so I'm not blaming the refs.

LeBron a little too unselfish, but he had to expect the ball back from Varejao.

Cavs played well enough to win, other than the entire team going cold from 3-point range.

Obvious foul (intentional even) on Bowen to end the game but Cavs shouldn't have been in that position, so I'm not blaming the refs.

I thought, skillwise, it was a bad game....

Let me say first off that this series is over... I know, not too much insight there...

But I do beleive that the Cavs have a better chance returning to the finals next year than the Spurs...

Not that it matters much...

Well they talk about Lebron on the perimeter, he had about 20 chances to take a pretty open 3 in tonight's game and didn't. There's passing the ball and then there's elevating your game to the level of Kobe Bryant.

:D

how do you not call that foul at the end? Bowen was intentionally trying to foul James, and the ref lets it go????

Bruce tried to foul Lebron but jumped back the second James started to go into a shooting motion. Who can tell what the refs saw from their angle? It is a very fast paced game, and they do not get the benefit of instant replay. For what its worth, even as a Spurs fan, it was a foul on the ground.

The Cavs showed some grit last night for sure. Unfortunately for them, the uglier it gets, the more it favors the Spurs.

There's passing the ball and then there's elevating your game to the level of Kobe Bryant.

That's very true. Lebron could be at home right now elevating his PS3 skills just like Kobe.

how do you not call that foul at the end? Bowen was intentionally trying to foul James, and the ref lets it go????

Unreal, there is no explanation really. LBJ in his own house, Bowen clearly comes at him, shoves him with arms extended, makes contact and there is no call? ridiculous- the NBA refs have been under alot of heat lately, and this is not gonna help.

LBJ technically got the continuation and could have been at the line for 3 shots.

Bruce tried to foul Lebron but jumped back the second James started to go into a shooting motion. Who can tell what the refs saw from their angle? It is a very fast paced game, and they do not get the benefit of instant replay. For what its worth, even as a Spurs fan, it was a foul on the ground.

The Cavs showed some grit last night for sure. Unfortunately for them, the uglier it gets, the more it favors the Spurs.

:D yer Texmex shades are working very well. It was a clear foul- he extended his arms to make sure he made contact, there was no question it was a foul.

that call is made all the time as a continuation as well- LBJ easily could have been on the line for 3 - Delaney was on top of the play- that was a 100% foul on Bowen. Fast paced? cmon- the refs anticipate a foul/intentional foul at that point in the game- it is the easiest call a ref has really- terrible.

Stern sees the ratings, and how pathetic Cleveland is, and he knows its better just to end this joke of a series.

There is no doubt if Cleveland was in the west, they wouldnt have made the postseson. And Its my opinion Every team in the west who made the playoffs, plus the Clippers could have beaten Cleveland.

Let me say first off that this series is over... I know, not too much insight there...

But I do beleive that the Cavs have a better chance returning to the finals next year than the Spurs...

Not that it matters much...

Speaks volumes just How bad the East is. :D

Stern sees the ratings, and how pathetic Cleveland is, and he knows its better just to end this joke of a series.

There is no doubt if Cleveland was in the west, they wouldnt have made the postseson. And Its my opinion Every team in the west who made the playoffs, plus the Clippers could have beaten Cleveland.

Pathetic is a #1 seed getting sent home by a #8 seed. Or are you blaming that on the Commissioner also?

Cleveland outplayed San Antonio in most aspects of the game Tuesday, but their horrible shooting night from 3-point range led to the game coming down to the horrible non-call.

Again, Cleveland was 19-11 vs the west during the regular season. There's a saying about opinions, I'm sure most everyone knows it so I'll choose to not repeat it.

Pathetic is a #1 seed getting sent home by a #8 seed. Or are you blaming that on the Commissioner also?

Cleveland outplayed San Antonio in most aspects of the game Tuesday, but their horrible shooting night from 3-point range led to the game coming down to the horrible non-call.

Again, Cleveland was 19-11 vs the west during the regular season. There's a saying about opinions, I'm sure most everyone knows it so I'll choose to not repeat it.

nothing personal against the Cadavers, but they are the worst team to make the finals in 30 years, and this is ruining the NBA. I have zero interest in the series, and I am a hoops junkie. The rest of the country has less than zero interest. The West-East imbalance is a major problem, and something needs to be done. Year after year, the best series are played in the Wetern Conf. finals or semis. period.

Stern has to be going nuts, and I serously think to remedy this, they have to go to some sort of 16 team seeding that is not East-West. With the West now getting Oden/Durant, Arenas wants to head west, this will get worse, not better. The east is a complete joke, and Private and I agree- this Cadaver squad struggles to make the playoffs in the West, and is a #7 at best.

They competed in game 3- I will give em that, but this series was over before the tip in game 1, and everyone knew it. They are on the verge of being swept, which has happened 6 times in the past 35 years. Chit, my Sonics won 2 vs. the '96 Bulls, one of the best teams in NBA history. You should at least hold serve at home...................

Reseeding is not the answer. Leagues have imbalance at various times, it just happens. The East was tougher the past few years then they are now but this season has been the worst mainly due to Detroit not giving a chit, Miami's injury and Shaq's age, Arenas's injury, and Chicago / Cleveland being a year a way from being true NBA title contenders.

Recently the only West teams to win championships are the Spurs and Lakers, the other teams like the Mavs, Suns, and Kings have been good to great regular season teams but couldn't win it all, mainly due to poor defense.

So Durant and Oden are in the West and Arenas wants to go West, doesn't matter to me. The league has a Cap so it's just a matter of time before the balance shifts again and / or the East keeps pace with the West in Championships.

Heck the Spurs play an East style of game which is one of the reasons they get through that sieve that is called Western Conf. defense.

Heck the Spurs play an East style of game which is one of the reasons they get through that sieve that is called Western Conf. defense.

:D Maybe, the East plays a Spurs style of defense to make up for that parady that is called Eastern Conf. offense.

Reseeding is not the answer. Leagues have imbalance at various times, it just happens. The East was tougher the past few years then they are now but this season has been the worst mainly due to Detroit not giving a chit, Miami's injury and Shaq's age, Arenas's injury, and Chicago / Cleveland being a year a way from being true NBA title contenders.

Recently the only West teams to win championships are the Spurs and Lakers, the other teams like the Mavs, Suns, and Kings have been good to great regular season teams but couldn't win it all, mainly due to poor defense.

So Durant and Oden are in the West and Arenas wants to go West, doesn't matter to me. The league has a Cap so it's just a matter of time before the balance shifts again and / or the East keeps pace with the West in Championships.

couldn't disagree more. Echoing Bill Simmons here, but the NBA is THE ONLY major sport that does not peak in the championship series. NFL, MLB all peak with the title matchups- the NBA has now for quite a few years had the conf finals be the peak of the season- I just don't think they can continue with it like that. This East West gap is not going to close soon. Cap space? ehh - maybe, but the reality is superstars in the NBA that make a team a title contender do not get traded- so I really do not see a shift happening in the next 3-5 years. Det? they are done, Chicago is the best young team in the East, Cleve is not really close to being a legit title contender when they are about the 10th best team in the NBA- it is a major problem IMO.

couldn't disagree more. Echoing Bill Simmons here, but the NBA is THE ONLY major sport that does not peak in the championship series. NFL, MLB all peak with the title matchups- the NBA has now for quite a few years had the conf finals be the peak of the season- I just don't think they can continue with it like that. This East West gap is not going to close soon. Cap space? ehh - maybe, but the reality is superstars in the NBA that make a team a title contender do not get traded- so I really do not see a shift happening in the next 3-5 years. Det? they are done, Chicago is the best young team in the East, Cleve is not really close to being a legit title contender when they are about the 10th best team in the NBA- it is a major problem IMO.

Not that long ago, the NFC was so superior to the AFC that it was just not a competition. I think 11 Superbowls in succession were won by the NFC. Things change over time.

Not that long ago, the NFC was so superior to the AFC that it was just not a competition. I think 11 Superbowls in succession were won by the NFC. Things change over time.

true, it is cyclical, I just think a 7 game series v the SB is a different animal. NBA upsets are pretty rare in conf finals and the Championship series, so I think a weak team is exposed even more than a SB type setup.

Patrick is on w/Stern right now- good stuff.

There's passing the ball and then there's elevating your game to the level of Kobe Bryant.

That's very true. Lebron could be at home right now elevating his PS3 skills just like Kobe.

Actually, Kobe was busy taking his kid to the doctor. How do I know you ask? My wife was riding in the elevator with him and his wife and daughter (I think it's his daughter, the youungest one). My wife told him they had a real cute daughter, he said thank you and that was it. Said he was quiet but pleasant.

My wife said she felt real bad for them as when they got out of the elevator and were walking out to their car this girl that worked in the pharmacy at this medical complex came running out and started taking a ton of pictures with her camera phone. My wife said this girl had no shame, pretty much sticking it in his face all the way out into the parking lot and while they were getting in their car.

nothing personal against the Cadavers, but they are the worst team to make the finals in 30 years, and this is ruining the NBA. I have zero interest in the series, and I am a hoops junkie. The rest of the country has less than zero interest.

Holy cow, stop the presses. I agree with this clown.......