[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick is all done

Crazysight

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not mistake the "lack of action" on the Feds part as "better for Vick", it most likely means making the charges(if there are any) air tight. This will play out and what Goodell does will hit sometime before TC's, as I don't think he'd keep the Falcon's brass on the ropes like that with the season approaching.

Please tell me you aren't REALLY comparing Rex to Manning? You are jsut saying, he had a 1st good season for a kid, not that he's going to be better?

All I am saying is his first "full" season was better than Manning's. Granted he had a better team around him but still. I never said he is going to be better, rather it will take time and he has some lumps to take just like Manning and any other quarterback in ths league.

That's not a very bad performance even on the stat sheet.

How about the game tape?

I was at that game. While the Packers played a terrible game Vick played very well. He surpassed his stats in effectiveness in that one game.

He didn't build on it though and hasn't been consistent (to be a top QB) even many years later.

If all the posts on the Huddle about Vick were removed, the board would have half the cumulative post number it currently has.

:D

All I am saying is his first "full" season was better than Manning's. Granted he had a better team around him but still. I never said he is going to be better, rather it will take time and he has some lumps to take just like Manning and any other quarterback in ths league.

Ben Roethlisberger went 15-0 as a starting QB and finished 5th in the NFL in QB Rating his rookie year......... :D

No it wasn't. Take in account that Rex had been in the league 3 prior years than finally being able to stay healthy enough to finish a season. Peyton was the only positive that came out of that season. He truely had an great ROOKIE season while surrounded with a "bad" team. There's no comparison.

Indianpolis Colts 1998 Defense

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----|  TOTAL		  CMP  ATT   YD	YPA   TD INT  ATT   YD	YPA  TD	 YD		  275  461  3497   7.59  27   8  544  2570  4.72  20   6067NFL rank --->   9	4   15	 27   27  30   29   29	30   27	 29

Chicago Bears 2006 Defense

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----|  TOTAL		  CMP  ATT   YD	YPA   TD INT  ATT   YD	YPA  TD	 YD		  328  581  3388   5.83  18  24  402  1590  3.96   7   4978NFL rank --->  25   31   11	  1	9   2	5	6	11	2	  5

No it wasn't. Take in account that Rex had been in the league 3 prior years than finally being able to stay healthy enough to finish a season. Peyton was the only positive that came out of that season. He truely had an great ROOKIE season while surrounded with a "bad" team. There's no comparison.

Indianpolis Colts 1998 Defense

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----|  TOTAL		  CMP  ATT   YD	YPA   TD INT  ATT   YD	YPA  TD	 YD		  275  461  3497   7.59  27   8  544  2570  4.72  20   6067NFL rank --->   9	4   15	 27   27  30   29   29	30   27	 29

Chicago Bears 2006 Defense

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----|  TOTAL		  CMP  ATT   YD	YPA   TD INT  ATT   YD	YPA  TD	 YD		  328  581  3388   5.83  18  24  402  1590  3.96   7   4978NFL rank --->  25   31   11	  1	9   2	5	6	11	2	  5

This is beyond stupid. I can't believe we are talking about Rex Grossman and Peyton Manning in a thread about Vick.

If you are looking at it from a pure numbers standpoint, Grossman edged out Manning in quarterback rating. It was his first full season playing and the first time since his college years he had the same offensive system as the one he learned the year before. That was his "rookie" season because he had barely played prior to that point. Why are you posting the defensive statistics? Is the defense out there when Peyton or Rex is on the field? Yes, Grossman played on a better team which got to the Super Bowl, but I am talking about quarterback rating. Grossman edged him out. Peyton is 13123890812301 times the quarterback Grossman is, I KNOW. All I was saying is Grossman played better than people expected and people give him credit for. Who knows what happens next year and the years beyond that. End of storry.

I refuse to talk about Grossman in this thread from here on out. So stupid, get a hobby instead of comparing Vick to other quarterbacks like Grossman. Vick sucks, plain and simple and the majority of the people agree here. Even if he didn't suck you do a poor job defending him and you haven't convinced anyone or changed anyone's opinion of him. He has done nothing in the NFL and IMO is the biggest disappointment for an NFL player I have seen in my lifetime. When you are drafted number one overall, become the face of a franchise, get a $100 million plus contract and become the highest paid player in the league, you have expectations. Vick hasn't even come close to those. The Falcons have yet to post back to back winning seasons, even with Vick on board. Added to the fact that he has all these troubles off the field and he likes to flip his fans off, he is pathetic. Why you are still supporting this lowlife and defending him is beyond me and everyone else here. Go find another player to support and annoy everyone on this board about.

Edited by Goopster24

This is beyond stupid. I can't believe we are talking about Rex Grossman and Peyton Manning in a thread about Vick.

If you are looking at it from a pure numbers standpoint, Grossman edged out Manning in quarterback rating. It was his first full season playing and the first time since his college years he had the same offensive system as the one he learned the year before. That was his "rookie" season because he had barely played prior to that point. Why are you posting the defensive statistics? Is the defense out there when Peyton or Rex is on the field? Yes, Grossman played on a better team which got to the Super Bowl, but I am talking about quarterback rating. Grossman edged him out. Peyton is 13123890812301 times the quarterback Grossman is, I KNOW. All I was saying is Grossman played better than people expected and people give him credit for. Who knows what happens next year and the years beyond that. End of storry.

I refuse to talk about Grossman in this thread from here on out. So stupid, get a hobby instead of comparing Vick to other quarterbacks like Grossman. Vick sucks, plain and simple and the majority of the people agree here. Even if he didn't suck you do a poor job defending him and you haven't convinced anyone or changed anyone's opinion of him. He has done nothing in the NFL and IMO is the biggest disappointment for an NFL player I have seen in my lifetime. When you are drafted number one overall, become the face of a franchise, get a $100 million plus contract and become the highest paid player in the league, you have expectations. Vick hasn't even come close to those. The Falcons have yet to post back to back winning seasons, even with Vick on board. Added to the fact that he has all these troubles off the field and he likes to flip his fans off, he is pathetic. Why you are still supporting this lowlife and defending him is beyond me and everyone else here. Go find another player to support and annoy everyone on this board about.

You started the idiocracy of saying Rex was better than Peyton in his first "full" season. That wasn't his rookie season at all. You're talking like once he was got injured the team banished him from the team. During that time Grossman, was with the team studying the defenses and learning how to read NFL coverage. You said Grossman was better than Peyton in his first "full" season but you're just looking at the stats, which I know you said. But that doesn't make it right. Peyton had to carry his team and was a rookie QB who turned in stats that just don't happen often. Also the 1998 Colts also had only 365 carries while the Bears had 471, which ranked 5th in the NFL. Much easier to pass when the defense is looking for a run. To justify the 3-13 to the Bears 13-3 I brought in the defensive ranks to show the hugh difference. BTW quarterback rating is far from the perfect way to gauge a QBs season.

Comparing player to player is what FF is all about, but I'm sure you know that. Why does Vick suck? And haven't we hit this yet? The QB's performance is far from the only factor that contributes to the W-L column. I gurantee that before these off-field issues this year Arthur Blank was more than happy with the seats that Vick filled and will still fill if he is found not guilty in this mess. You guys also call those people he flipped off fans. While I understand he never should've done it, fans usually don't go to their team's tunnel to antogonize a player. Sorry that I'm not just letting you rant and rave over Vick. If you have such a problem then stop clicking on the threads.

I love how Vick apologists love to blame every other player on the Falcons for Vick's poor performance ... even those that are not on the field at the same time he is.

I expect Blank does appreciate Vick's marketability. I also expect Blank is coming to realize that Vick sucks as a QB and is not a winner and will never bring a championship to Atlanta.

You started the idiocracy of saying Rex was better than Peyton in his first "full" season. That wasn't his rookie season at all. You're talking like once he was got injured the team banished him from the team. During that time Grossman, was with the team studying the defenses and learning how to read NFL coverage. You said Grossman was better than Peyton in his first "full" season but you're just looking at the stats, which I know you said. But that doesn't make it right. Peyton had to carry his team and was a rookie QB who turned in stats that just don't happen often. Also the 1998 Colts also had only 365 carries while the Bears had 471, which ranked 5th in the NFL. Much easier to pass when the defense is looking for a run. To justify the 3-13 to the Bears 13-3 I brought in the defensive ranks to show the hugh difference. BTW quarterback rating is far from the perfect way to gauge a QBs season.

Comparing player to player is what FF is all about, but I'm sure you know that. Why does Vick suck? And haven't we hit this yet? The QB's performance is far from the only factor that contributes to the W-L column. I gurantee that before these off-field issues this year Arthur Blank was more than happy with the seats that Vick filled and will still fill if he is found not guilty in this mess. You guys also call those people he flipped off fans. While I understand he never should've done it, fans usually don't go to their team's tunnel to antogonize a player. Sorry that I'm not just letting you rant and rave over Vick. If you have such a problem then stop clicking on the threads.

Yeah, right. When Vick wins games your the first one to say it's all him. But when they lose your the first one to blame everyone on the team BUT Vick. Vick has been in the league seven years now and still can't throw a ball to save his life. Yeah, yeah. Keep going on how he is dynamic and how much he runs...blah...blah...blah... The fact of the matter is that he is a QB and is paid to throw the ball, not run it every play. He relies on his "dynamic" running ability to cover up the fact that he can't pass. Unfortunately for him he is only fooling himself.

OK, this is about Rex vs Peyton now :D .....DMD...please :tup::doh:

It looks like it's more about broncosn05 desperately trying to keep his lock on Vick's nutsack and goop's exuberance getting the better of his common sense. :D

I love how Vick apologists love to blame every other player on the Falcons for Vick's poor performance ... even those that are not on the field at the same time he is.

I expect Blank does appreciate Vick's marketability. I also expect Blank is coming to realize that Vick sucks as a QB and is not a winner and will never bring a championship to Atlanta.

I blame Vick also in every game we lose. Did you see him just drop the ball, literally, two weeks straight?

And Schaub would have right Grits?

I blame Vick also in every game we lose. Did you see him just drop the ball, literally, two weeks straight?

And Schaub would have right Grits?

Every WR in the league drops a ball or two ... as I recall Terrell Owens lead the league in dropped passes. It happens. I imagine that the surprise felt by Vick's WRs when the pass actually gets there sometimes causes them to drop the ball.

Was Schaub the answer in Atlanta? :D Guess we'll never know. What we do know is that Vick is so not the answer.

Every WR in the league drops a ball or two ... as I recall Terrell Owens lead the league in dropped passes. It happens. I imagine that the surprise felt by Vick's WRs when the pass actually gets there sometimes causes them to drop the ball.

Was Schaub the answer in Atlanta? :D Guess we'll never know. What we do know is that Vick is so not the answer.

I was talking about Vick's fumbles against Detroit and Cleveland....

We'll see after this year if Vick is the answer or not. If he plays that is...

Great idea - you wouldn't want to make up your mind on a player much before his 7th year in the league/5th full season as a starter.... :D

I was talking about Vick's fumbles against Detroit and Cleveland....

Dude! The MOFO has been playing for SEVEN F'n years now!!! Every year we hear the same crap from the vick apologists: "Let's wait and see THIS year". If I had a dollar for every year I heard that I would have SEVEN DOLLARS! If I had a dollar for every TIME I heard that I would be a gazillionaire!

If you could just move Vicks ballsack from your face for 2 minutes you'd see that.

Great idea - you wouldn't want to make up your mind on a player much before his 7th year in the league/5th full season as a starter.... :D

Yeah, I'm thinkin' 7 years is too little time to tell if a player is going to work out or not. Aren't they still considered Rookies until their 8th year?

Yeah, I'm thinkin' 7 years is too little time to tell if a player is going to work out or not. Aren't they still considered Rookies until their 8th year?

He's only started 60 some games, and played in 74. The guy's barely seen the field, really. Give him a chance to get used to the game.

He's only started 60 some games, and played in 74. The guy's barely seen the field, really. Give him a chance to get used to the game.

Good point. Well, if he doesn't progress in, say, another 7 years then I'm definitely jumping off the vick bandwagon.