[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Henry to Barcelona!

Sleeping King

Hopefully I am not the only soccer nerd here??

This is equal to Tim Duncan being traded to the Mavs for cash.

Great news for Liverpool. :D

I'm not a soccer basher by any means. I enjoy the game even though I have never played it. That said there is no way Tim Duncan would be traded for cash and that's why it's not equivalent to anything in the NBA, NFL, MLB, etc... This type of stuff happens in soccer.

Henry is a great player, I remember him from the WC so I can see why the team who received him would be pumped but why would a team trade their star player for cash? Because their broke?

I'm not a soccer basher by any means. I enjoy the game even though I have never played it. That said there is no way Tim Duncan would be traded for cash and that's why it's not equivalent to anything in the NBA, NFL, MLB, etc... This type of stuff happens in soccer.

Henry is a great player, I remember him from the WC so I can see why the team who received him would be pumped but why would a team trade their star player for cash? Because their broke?

Well you can not really compare european football to the NFL or NBA. The closest thing it compares to is the MLB. There is no salary cap in euro football. So I guess a better example I should have used is when the Rangers traded ARod to the Yankees. Instead of getting Soriano back who they knew they would not resign they could have got back say 50 million. The cash goes towards other players. Arsenal (Henry's old team) will use the transfer fee on some good players, just not the caliber of Henry.

that is very big news in the Soccer world ( by the way you are not the only soccer nerd ...my favorite team by far is AC Milan ) ...Barcelona did not like the way Real Madrid won the spanish league and clearly want to upgrade which they just did with Henry

Why is this great news for Liverpool?

Arsenal , who henry played for , was a big hurdle and very tough foe for liverpool in the english premership ...arsenal just lost a very big piece of their team which is now weakened which should help liverpool when they meet

Arsenal , who henry played for , was a big hurdle and very tough foe for liverpool in the english premership ...arsenal just lost a very big piece of their team which is now weakened which should help liverpool when they meet

:D

Liverpool is going to win the Premiership this season.

OK, have you forgotten Manchester United and Chelsea?

:D

Liverpool is going to win the Premiership this season.

And we'll send a manned mission to Alpha Centauri.

OK, have you forgotten Manchester United and Chelsea?

And we'll send a manned mission to Alpha Centauri.

Fernando Torres might have something to say about that. He just signed for 6 years. Liverpool just filled the only glaring weakness they have. Since Owen left they have not had a dominant striker.

• 10 years later...