[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RIP Yankees

Sleeping King

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit I am worried but...I think it's a little early to count them out yet!

Especially with the long history of success the Sox have.

Is it true Schilling hurt his arm blogging?

:D

Not even close. Yankees will win the wild card. They're the Yankees.

Granted my glasses are a bit Red but I just do not see any reason to think they can make the wild card.

Right now the wild card belongs to Detroit who is much much better than New York. Down the stretch the Yankees bullpen is going to have nothing with the amount of work they have had this half season. The offense is extremely inconsistent and the starting pitching is below average. They are just a very average team.

Let us be optomistic and say that 92 wins might get you the wild card. New York would have to play 55-30 (25 games over .500) to get there.

It is ohhhhhvaaaaa!!!

Ding dong the witch is dead, the witch is dead. Ding dong, the witch is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granted my glasses are a bit Red but I just do not see any reason to think they can make the wild card.

Right now the wild card belongs to Detroit who is much much better than New York. Down the stretch the Yankees bullpen is going to have nothing with the amount of work they have had this half season. The offense is extremely inconsistent and the starting pitching is below average. They are just a very average team.

Let us be optomistic and say that 92 wins might get you the wild card. New York would have to play 55-30 (25 games over .500) to get there.

It is ohhhhhvaaaaa!!!

Ding dong the witch is dead, the witch is dead. Ding dong, the witch is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMMFAO, Lil Napolean has something to cheer about.

I sincerely hope you're right but if you are, it's only for 2007. Steinbrenner's wallet is too fat for the Yanks to be down for more than one season.

I sincerely hope you're right but if you are, it's only for 2007. Steinbrenner's wallet is too fat for the Yanks to be down for more than one season.

Honestly for the first time in a while I do not think it will be the wallet that helps them out. The Yankees finally have a good farm system. You already saw a little of Phil Hughes and they have several more prospects that will likely be ready mid season next year.

Yankees biggest problem is that Boston has a load of pitching coming up. Lester, Gabbard and what could be the best pitching prospect in the minors Clay Buchholz.

But yeah I do agree they will be right back in it next season.

It's silly to count them out already. They'll make some deals and get back in the mix.

If they trade any of their top level prospects for help this year they are insane. Texas reportedly is asking for Phil Hughes + another top level prospect for Texeria. If anything like this happens Cashman should be fired that day.

They have to stay the course for once. I think the Pavano deal has left a very bad taste in George's mouth on overpaying for players.

If they trade any of their top level prospects for help this year they are insane. Texas reportedly is asking for Phil Hughes + another top level prospect for Texeria. If anything like this happens Cashman should be fired that day.

They have to stay the course for once. I think the Pavano deal has left a very bad taste in George's mouth on overpaying for players.

They've been trading away prospects for years now. They'll pay the big price for Texeria.

Hey I am all for them destroying the farm, but most Yankee fans I know are sick of it. They will be pissed if Hughes or any other top flight prospect leaves.

It's Yankee fans I detest the most. If GS doesn't get his wallet out, they'll whine. If he does get his wallet out, they'll whine. If the Yanks trade a prospect or two away to try to placate the fans, they'll whine. Whatever happens, they'll whine. I wish the Yanks and Boston would f off and form their own league where they can just play each other 162 times a year and leave the rest of us to enjoy baseball.

I wish the Yanks and Boston would f off and form their own league where they can just play each other 162 times a year and leave the rest of us to enjoy baseball.

They have that now and it's called the "minor leagues". :D

I was at the game yesterday and they were pretty bad..It was like batting practice vs Pettite

I wonder if he's had enough of pitching great and getting zero run support? Well, maybe not great but certainly solid.

It's fun watching all of analysts say they're done and talk about how finished they are. Proves how little all these tools know. Can't wait to come back to this thread when they're in the playoffs... :D

I'd put a bet down with you. . .how high would you like to go?

Besides not trusting that you would pay up, I'm not a big enough Yankees fan to do so. I'm just a spectator.

Wow, I'm not often called a welcher by a total stranger. . . charming.

If you change your mind, PM me.

By the way, I AM a Yankee fan. I just know a good bet when I see one.

Wow, I'm not often called a welcher by a total stranger. . . charming.

If you change your mind, PM me.

By the way, I AM a Yankee fan. I just know a good bet when I see one.

agreed ..its a bet you win ...easy

and i am a Yankee hater ... :D

Honestly for the first time in a while I do not think it will be the wallet that helps them out. The Yankees finally have a good farm system. You already saw a little of Phil Hughes and they have several more prospects that will likely be ready mid season next year.

Yankees biggest problem is that Boston has a load of pitching coming up. Lester, Gabbard and what could be the best pitching prospect in the minors Clay Buchholz.

But yeah I do agree they will be right back in it next season.

I'd say that your glasses are a little more than red with this comment. As long as Phil Hughes is not in the Yankee rotation, there's not a minor league pitcher to touch him.