[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RIP Yankees

Sleeping King

That is why it says could be. There are several very good pitching prospects. Buchholz and Hughes are two of the highest regarded. But Hughes, Bailey and Gallardo are all in the Majors now. As far as pitchers in the minors I think you are going to be hard pressed to find anyone better then Buchholz.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Texas we dont want Phil Hughs he is Yankee Hype, not stud material. . Instead I for one, would rather have the prospects the Dodgers are dangling. Teixera in a Yank Uniform would continue whats wrong with baseball. Texas shoudl have never traded Arod. he put butts in seats, and was a piece the team needed to build around. This is a top 10 market and our stupid owner overpays, for a splash, then closes his pocket boo to field a team around that splashk. We have the worst GM and front office in the game, and couldnt idnentify pitching talent if it was in our own back yard. Ala Chris Young, now in San Diego.

The deals Texas has made, giving away Travis Hafner, Adrian Gonzales and Chris Young make this the worst run franchise in professional sports. As a baseball fan in dallas, that sickens me.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Here in Texas we dont want Phil Hughs he is Yankee Hype, not stud material. . Instead I for one, would rather have the prospects the Dodgers are dangling. Teixera in a Yank Uniform would continue whats wrong with baseball. Texas shoudl have never traded Arod. he put butts in seats, and was a piece the team needed to build around. This is a top 10 market and our stupid owner overpays, for a splash, then closes his pocket boo to field a team around that splashk. We have the worst GM and front office in the game, and couldnt idnentify pitching talent if it was in our own back yard. Ala Chris Young, now in San Diego.

The deals Texas has made, giving away Travis Hafner, Adrian Gonzales and Chris Young make this the worst run franchise in professional sports. As a baseball fan in dallas, that sickens me.

For once I am going to agree with you. Daniels should send Teixera to the Dodgers and make them give up Clayton Kershaw. That kid could be huge. He is a Dallas kid too.

Not even close. Yankees will win the wild card. They're the Yankees.

Let me get this straight... you live in CO, yet you root for the Falcons and the Yankees?

What are you... just a fan of evil? :D

I'm a huge Sox fan, and I love to watch the Yankees lose... but I'm not talking too much trash yet. I remember how crappy all those Yankee fans felt in 2004 after they thought they had the World Series in their hands and we came back and stomped them 4 straight times. No lead is safe until it's clinched.

But it was kinda funny when the Rockies swept them. :D

You'll probably lose Teixera and not get some one as good as Hughes. That may be the worst part.

• 2 weeks later...
Let's not chisel in the RIP just yet fellas...the Yankees are making a move....

One straight month of games against sub .500 teams = smoke and mirrors. I'm still taking all bets that they don't make the postseason. Any takers?

One straight month of games against sub .500 teams = smoke and mirrors. I'm still taking all bets that they don't make the postseason. Any takers?

Playing the schedule that they have nothing to do with making. I don't care what teams they play, to come back and win the division or win the wildcard from where they were a few weeks ago, that would be an amazing accomplishment. Take into consideration all the injuries they had as well.

Atlantic City, huh? Must be a Phillies fan. Sorry to hear.

Playing the schedule that they have nothing to do with making. I don't care what teams they play, to come back and win the division or win the wildcard from where they were a few weeks ago, that would be an amazing accomplishment. Take into consideration all the injuries they had as well.

Atlantic City, huh? Must be a Phillies fan. Sorry to hear.

Born in Brooklyn, displaced to Atlantic City for the gambling. . .

I HATE Philly teams.

No chit.

Anyone else see them get run out of their own building by a 1-9 pitcher from Tampa Bay yesterday?

Still taking all bets on them not making the post-season, if any of you have the wantons to put your money where your mouth is. . .

:crickets:

Anyone else see them get run out of their own building by a 1-9 pitcher from Tampa Bay yesterday?

Still taking all bets on them not making the post-season, if any of you have the wantons to put your money where your mouth is. . .

I swa the game. This team looks flat when Mussina pitches. he has no fastball and is a complete head case.

I swa the game. This team looks flat when Mussina pitches. he has no fastball and is a complete head case.

Mussina sucks now..he throws a good game 1 in every 5..He is a surly bitch that is always barking at the umps.

Mussina sucks now..he throws a good game 1 in every 5..He is a surly bitch that is always barking at the umps.

I agree with Whomper 100% ??

Edited by SheikYerbuti

Ahem... this belongs in the food and beverage forum, no?