[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2007 IDP Mock Draft Chat, Banter & Bashing

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D lol. think everyone has had a player we'd hoped would slide a round only to have him snagged before he came around to us. Seriously, at that pick was tossing between him and Hali, noticed Bushwacked took Hali right after Allen went.

last year, Allen and Kampman were my DEs in my local IDP. love the motor in Allen.

Yeah it's happened to me more than a few times. Keg is the biggest culprit. Its not like he is taking one of the guys i'm looking at its more THE guy I have slotted for my next pick. This is why I joined this mock. It seems I have to bump a few guys up a round or 2 if I want them!

Yeah it's happened to me more than a few times. Keg is the biggest culprit. Its not like he is taking one of the guys i'm looking at its more THE guy I have slotted for my next pick. This is why I joined this mock. It seems I have to bump a few guys up a round or 2 if I want them!

:D so who and how many :D

:D so who and how many :D

Fred Taylor. The round I was gonna take him.

Beason to a lesser extent as I didnt really expect him to fall as far as he would have had to.

Ahmad Brooks. The round I was gonna take him and that one really steams me. He was that 3rd guy I was talking about. I REALLY wanted him with my next pick!

ETA; I have lost out on a # of guys the round I planned to grab em. You just happen to have grabbed 2 guys I really thought I would have had available.

Edited by tbimm

Fred Taylor. The round I was gonna take him.

Beason to a lesser extent as I didnt really expect him to fall as far as he would have had to.

Ahmad Brooks. The round I was gonna take him and that one really steams me. He was that 3rd guy I was talking about. I REALLY wanted him with my next pick!

ETA; I have lost out on a # of guys the round I planned to grab em. You just happen to have grabbed 2 guys I really thought I would have had available.

now i am glad i didnt wait on brooks like i was going to

I was about to take Brooks, too, but I have Ruud rated only slightly below him. Good value for both of us, I think. :D

my spidey senses were telling me you might be one to take brooks there...i agree I think he is good value there(ruud too) even if they are both only

2 down LBs they will both make very good #3s and Brooks could very well see time in the nickel making him a tad more valuable

all in all I am pretty happy with how my draft strategy has worked out and the team I have assembled...there are those 2 times that I got sniped(barber to darin and DJax* to sarge) that hurt but still like my draft so far.

*Djax could very well be the best value in this entire draft.

i know that UiG commented on how teams looked after 6 rounds but after we are done I wil post the teams with a Poll for people in the IDP forum to vote for who they think has the best team going into the PS

bushwacked, nice pick of pollard there...i was just entering him as a PreDraft and he wasnt avail...i was like W..T..F and refresh the draft and you just nabbed him

Thanks...like him better in a dynasty format, but I'm betting on him getting plenty of PT this year.

i know that UiG commented on how teams looked after 6 rounds but after we are done I wil post the teams with a Poll for people in the IDP forum to vote for who they think has the best team going into the PS

My assessment through 15:

TOP 4

boat hacked

Bushwacked

URLACHERisGOD

3WZ

MIDDLE 4

darin3

zooty

tbimm

Big John

BOTTOM 4

Bronco Billy

keg

Sgt. Ryan

swiss

Of course, it is still too early to tell. keg is in the bottom 4 right now but, has not drafted any DBs. Once he does, he'll shoot up. swiss doesn't have a QB yet so, that affects his overall team strength. Once he's drafted one, he'll shoot up, too.

Edit: for "week 16" typo to "week 15" and to give Sarge the glory he needs to be able to make it through the day.

Edited by URLACHERisGOD

Nice pickup of Crowell by Zooty in the 16th. I messed my draft up by going with Willis in the 11th. That threw out me being able to get Crowell. Since we can only draft 4 LBs and have to start 3, I couldn't afford to have 2 LBs with a week 6 bye week. Otherwise, I would have pulled the trigger on Crowell in the 13th instead of Greenway.

I should be out a pocket until Sunday afternoon evening/but if the wireless gods co-operate with me I should be able to check in here and there.

Was wondering about that. Enjoy your weekend!

My assessment through 16:

TOP 4

boat hacked

Bushwacked

URLACHERisGOD

3WZ

MIDDLE 4

darin3

zooty

tbimm

Big John

BOTTOM 4

Bronco Billy

keg

Sgt. Ryan

swiss

Of course, it is still too early to tell. keg is in the bottom 4 right now but, has not drafted any DBs. Once he does, he'll shoot up. swiss doesn't have a QB yet so, that affects his overall team strength. Once he's drafted one, he'll shoot up, too.

I'd say it's definitely too early to tell -- everybody except 3WZ is at least a couple players short of a starting lineup. I think the only way to truly judge a team at this stage of the draft is to see who's made the most value picks.

Of course, I'm feeling pretty happy about my own team, simply because about half the guys I drafted fell further than I expected. Caddy as the #17 RB, Mathis as the #7 DL (with the #2 PPG over the last two years), Brooks as the #23 LB, and Winfield and Phillips as the #14 and #18 DBs respectively....all those guys will outperform their draft position. That's not mentioning that DJ Williams will be a top-5 LB, Colston will be a top-3 WR, and Kevin Jones will be a top-12 RB. :D

Caddy as the #17 RB, Mathis as the #7 DL (with the #2 PPG over the last two years), Brooks as the #23 LB, and Winfield and Phillips as the #14 and #18 DBs respectively....all those guys will outperform their draft position.

I've already commended you on the nice pickup of Winfield. I have Winfield as my #7 DB so, IMO you got a steal on him. You got Mathis & Brooks right about where I expected him them to go. I had Mathis as my #6 DL and Brooks as my #25 LB so, no real suprises there.

Phillips shouldn't have even been drafted so, I don't understand how you are so tickled about that pick. He'll be fighting for his job in spring training and I'd put my money on Sabby taking it from him by pre-season.

Cadillac in the 2nd? Pulled the trigger too ealry on him, too IMO. You could've gotten him with your 3rd and been able to walk away with a Fitz or Roy type of WR instead of relying on Coltson as your #1.

My opinion and $1.09 will get you a cup of coffee, though. Take it for what it's worth.

:D I see SJax, Boldin, McNabb, and a bunch of risk players. Obviously you drafted them because you thought it was worth the risk. That is your opinion.

One man's treasure is another man's garbage.

I really like my team given the format we are drafting under. My QBBC is solid with QBs playing for 2 dynamic offenive HCs, My RBs after Rudi are all risk, but the risk/reward ratio is heavily tilted in my favor - all 3 of Jacobs, Norwood, & Jackson will be given odds-on opportunity at winning the starting job for their teams, and I need only 1 of them to grab the starting spot & break out. If 2 or 3 do it, I have great depth at RB with superb flexibility. My WRs are solid, even though CJ & Evans tend to be a huge game/weak game roller coaster. Hopefully one of their bad weeks gets offset by the other's good one. TE is solid no matter who plays QB in ATL. My DL ought to be very good unless Taylor gets moved to LB full time. The benefit of MIA doing what they are doing though, is that I may get some LB benefit while Taylor is playing & listed as a DE. My LBs are very solid with an uber-stud if he just lays off the cold medicine, a LB who has already prompted lineup shifts in IND and takes over June's role, and a dependable #3 LB. I agree with Sarge about DBs - anyone who has played enough IDP knows that there will be DBs on the WW in week 5 through 8 who will be outscoring starters. Beyond the top 5-6 DBs, the rest are a crap shoot from year to year, and I've got one of those top 5-6.

The way I drafted isn't for the faint-of-heart, and it sure isn't for everyone, but as unsexy as my team looks now, it could be a very good to great scoring team by week 5. Again, in this league format, that's the way I play it. The WW is limited and is going to be picked over every week and trading isn't allowed. There's going to be very few tems getting any opportunity to get break out players as they are in the process of breaking out. That places great emphasis on the risk/reward players in the draft.

When you want to have a "grown up" discussion without harassing PMs callling me adolescent names then I will offer a retort. Until then, go ahead and gloat in your own filth.

:D Some things never change...

Nice reading in here. It's been a nice mock to watch.

Look forward to reading about each of your strategies as well. I like the Archuletta pick. Picked him up as a FA and hope Lovie resurrects his career in Chicago.

considered Bethea, but I already had a player with that bye week.

arch and lewis were the 2 i wanted after the last pass but no darin swiped arch 2picks in front of me...i was then considering 3 guys over arch Bethea Huff and someone that is still available....and i actually screwed up because I looked at betheas bye week wrong and that means I will only be starting 2 DBs one week or will be dropping bethea or lewis later to fix it....but if bethea performs like i think he will i will be willing to take a zero for one week...also had my eye on vick but more for the next pass because I wanted to take 2 DBs here...i think sarge got great value for him as long as he doesnt get suspended or jailed and provides good insurance if McNabb isnt back from his injury

My DL ought to be very good unless Taylor gets moved to LB full time.

The way it stands right now, your DL is nasty. I think you picked up Taylor and Smith right about the right time. Pryce dropped farther than I expected and I think you got some real nice value with him in the 17th.