[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strahan

this all smells :wacko: - a nearly washed up end, is'nt satisfied w/ 4mil. and threatens to retire after years, (after all Tiki did). Perhaps he wants to get traded for more money. or go into tv like he says, ...........- now the Giants raise the ante by bringing Simeon Rice into the mix( :D ) all the while Kiwanuka waits in the wings. :D

Edited by hooknladder

this all smells :wacko: - a nearly washed up end, is'nt satisfied w/ 4mil. and threatens to retire after years, (after all Tiki did). Perhaps he wants to get traded for more money. or go into tv like he says, ...........- now the Giants raise the ante by bringing Simeon Rice into the mix( :D ) all the while Kiwanuka waits in the wings. :D

Kiwanuka is most likely moving to the LB slot but yes this is still an interesting story. Many see m to think Strahan's days with the G-men are over... and he'll find another team.

i saw that LB thing with Kiwi but i thought it was a typo. he does'nt seem like the prototypical LB. I think the kid is a very talented end.

i don't think Strahan has alot left in the tank.

i think back to when Strahan "broke" the "sack record" when Favre just laid down, -pathetic! Deacon Jones had to be puking. :D

i saw that LB thing with Kiwi but i thought it was a typo. he does'nt seem like the prototypical LB. I think the kid is a very talented end.

i don't think Strahan has alot left in the tank.

i think back to when Strahan "broke" the "sack record" when Favre just laid down, -pathetic! Deacon Jones had to be puking. :D

I don't think he's a prototypical LB either but in this day and age of the "hybrid DE/LB", he fits.

POSTED 9:54 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 10:25 a.m. EDT, August 2, 2007

DOES STRAHAN HAVE TV GIG LINED UP?

As the impasse between the Giants and defensive end Michael Strahan enters its seventh day, we're hearing that Strahan already has in his pocket an open-ended invitation for a television job.

Indications are that the offer is from either FOX or NFLN.

At both networks, the studio lineups presumably are set for the 2007 season (unless the NFL decides to fire Deion Sanders for breaching his contract by writing NFL columns for someone other than the NFL). Our guess is that FOX would make room for Strahan as a game analyst, which would be good because then viewers would only rarely catch glimpses of that Holland Tunnel masquerading as the space between his front teeth.

But then there's that whole Cindy Brady thing, which we'd hear a lot more of if he ends up working in a two-man broadcast booth.

Though Strahan likely won't be paid his $4 million football salary to talk about football, the real question is whether he'd rather play for $4 million, or not play for the amount of the TV money. Of course, he'd also potentially be asked to pay back some of his bonus money if he retires, and a seven-figure check might not be the easiest thing for him to write given that he already owes his ex-wife more than eight figures

shamless post padding. :D

POSTED 9:54 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 10:25 a.m. EDT, August 2, 2007

DOES STRAHAN HAVE TV GIG LINED UP?

As the impasse between the Giants and defensive end Michael Strahan enters its seventh day, we're hearing that Strahan already has in his pocket an open-ended invitation for a television job.

Indications are that the offer is from either FOX or NFLN.

At both networks, the studio lineups presumably are set for the 2007 season (unless the NFL decides to fire Deion Sanders for breaching his contract by writing NFL columns for someone other than the NFL). Our guess is that FOX would make room for Strahan as a game analyst, which would be good because then viewers would only rarely catch glimpses of that Holland Tunnel masquerading as the space between his front teeth.

But then there's that whole Cindy Brady thing, which we'd hear a lot more of if he ends up working in a two-man broadcast booth.

Though Strahan likely won't be paid his $4 million football salary to talk about football, the real question is whether he'd rather play for $4 million, or not play for the amount of the TV money. Of course, he'd also potentially be asked to pay back some of his bonus money if he retires, and a seven-figure check might not be the easiest thing for him to write given that he already owes his ex-wife more than eight figures

shamless post padding. :D

Anyone know what that is????

• 4 weeks later...

Strahan's agent: It "wasn't about the money"

Posted by Mike Garafolo August 31, 2007 5:51PM

Categories: Breaking News

Michael Strahan's agent, Tony Agnone, has confirmed his client is on his way back to the Giants and will be boarding a flight tonight to return to the area.

"Obviously, it was a tough decision for him," Agnone said. "He decided he wanted to come back and play. He'll defer his career until at that point he thinks he shouldn't play anymore."

Agnone reiterated that Strahan's absence from training camp "wasn't about money" and said he was seriously mulling retirement. But Agnone said that with the regular season set to begin on Sept. 9, Strahan simply wanted to get back to playing football.

"He just wanted to be back with his teammates," Agnone said. "He felt like the timing wasn't great for him. In his head, from a business standpoint, he probably thought it was better to do the other thing. But in his belly, he said, 'Hey, I want to play.'"

When asked about the more than $500,000 in fines Strahan owes, Agnone refused comment. Someone familiar with the Giants thinking said recently the team would trim the fines if Strahan reported, though the amount would still be "significant." The person, who requested anonymity because a decision about the fines hasn't been made official yet, said Strahan probably would have returned sooner if the Giants hadn't fined him at all.

(6:29 p.m. UPDATE: According to someone involved in this situation, the fine total is still being negotiated. But the person, who requested anonymity because the situation hasn't been resolved yet, said Strahan will likely be asked to pay half of the current total of $514,368 if not slightly less.)

MG

link/

(6:29 p.m. UPDATE: According to someone involved in this situation, the fine total is still being negotiated. But the person, who requested anonymity because the situation hasn't been resolved yet, said Strahan will likely be asked to pay half of the current total of $514,368 if not slightly less.)

So the bottom line really was this: Strahan was willing to pay over $200,000 to miss training camp. At his age and experience, I don't blame him. 2 a day's in August must REALLY suck.

So the bottom line really was this: Strahan was willing to pay over $200,000 to miss training camp. At his age and experience, I don't blame him. 2 a day's in August must REALLY suck.

Actually it was Strahan tried to hold out for more money, when he couldnt get a new deal, he held out until the end of camp to still collect his salary this yr, - camp fines which were a drop in the bucket for him.