[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taking P Manning #1

jjwbean

....as stated, it's the blatant Lemming mentality that reinforces this "occurence" when these "type" leagues draft-plain and simple.....and this "moron" has been doing this little thing called FF since 1989. I, like BB, would gladly accept an invitation into the BUSH.

You guys would be under the table before the 12th hole of the pre-draft golf outing. A minimum IQ is required and you obviously both fail to qualify

Tiki Barber is nothing in our league but a run of the mill RB.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In finishing.....I never take a QB before Rd 5, I'd do the same in this Bush League, and my team would be a PO lock-year in and year out. Posting the first two rounds of last years draft is all the proof I need....absolutely fuggin pitiful as hell.

Edited by PantherDave

You guys would be under the table before the 12th hole of the pre-draft golf outing. A minimum IQ is required and you obviously both fail to qualify

My handicap is at 9 right now....I'd love to play.

Edited by PantherDave

It would appear that you aren't getting the pat on the back here about how smart of a FF owner you are and now are getting surly as a result. Have some milk & cookies, take a nappy, and come on back when your head clears a bit.

and :D @ being "under the table" at the golf outing. What's next? Your dick is bigger than mine or your Dad can beat up my Dad?

That IQ is not your strong suit has already been shown, and I'd be careful about how much more you want to drop trou here, because someone's liable to bend you over without the benefit of a reach around.

The guy that drafted LT last year blew it when he drafted Favre in the 2nd round ... he could have paired Steven Jackson with LT and he'd have won your league right there.

1.03 - LT

2.10 - Steven Jackson

3.03 - Steve Smith

4.10 - Marvin Harrison or TO or Holt

+ 2 mediocre QBs

That team would have swept your league dude.

My 2 cents as such...

This is results of 2006 draft...

Round 1

1 Dudes Peyton Manning (QB IND)

2 Sharks Carson Palmer (QB CIN)

3 TWO LaDainian Tomlinson (RB SD)

4 Dos Angry Hombres Matt Hasselbeck (QB SEA)

5 Roadbuilder Eli Manning (QB NYG)

6 Cheeseheads Marc Bulger (QB STL)

7 Spooey Ben Roethlisberger (QB PIT)

8 Odessa Larry Johnson (RB KC)

9 Phlem Drs Tom Brady (QB NE)

10 Angry Too Shaun Alexander (RB SEA)

11 Dollar and No Cents Jake Delhomme (QB CAR)

12 3 Dogs and a Farmer Jake Plummer (QB DEN)

1 cent for knowing if Eli Manning were EVER drafted #5 overall, I would put my cheat sheets down and slowing back out of the room. Thin Air!

I would disagree, BC. Given the lemming mentality apparently prevalent in this league, I ought to be able to get 2 of the top 3 RBs on my team, and then grab WRs while everyone panics and is grabbing RBs in rounds 3 & 4, and then get 2 QBs who I can reasonably expect to score around 100 FF pts each to go with those guys. So while I might surrender 130 FF pts, give or take, from my 2 starting QBs cumulative, I ought to easily make that up with a +/- 180 pt difference in my 2 starting RBs and probably a +/- 100 pts difference in my starting WRs.

That the rest of the league follows with his idiocy only reinforces that I should swim against the current and wait for my QBs. I can get 3 completely mediocre or worse QBs and still whip everyone else's asses in the league. They'd never know what hit them, but I'll bet a few of them don't lose to this guy the following year...

My other cent...You can't teach him to suddenly draft with LOGIC as he clearly has too much experience doing it his way.

On a side note for everyone reading that understands this "language" BC, G&S et al are speaking. Keep it up, this is exactly the type of cranial conversation I need just before a draft, my version of "eye of the tiger" I guess.

How can u take any league seriously with comments like the one about Tiki?

PS: a 10 handicap , and an alcoholic, so I think I could hang for a while :D

Edited by G.K.Trey

I would disagree, BC. Given the lemming mentality apparently prevalent in this league, I ought to be able to get 2 of the top 3 RBs on my team, and then grab WRs while everyone panics and is grabbing RBs in rounds 3 & 4, and then get 2 QBs who I can reasonably expect to score around 100 FF pts each to go with those guys. So while I might surrender 130 FF pts, give or take, from my 2 starting QBs cumulative, I ought to easily make that up with a +/- 180 pt difference in my 2 starting RBs and probably a +/- 100 pts difference in my starting WRs.

That the rest of the league follows with his idiocy only reinforces that I should swim against the current and wait for my QBs. I can get 3 completely mediocre or worse QBs and still whip everyone else's asses in the league. They'd never know what hit them, but I'll bet a few of them don't lose to this guy the following year...

+1

I wonder if this league realizes how many points kickers score year in and year out ... if they ever realize that fact it could revolutionize their draft.

That's a good point.

At even 3 pts/FG regardless of distance, Ks should outscore all but the top 6-8 RBs given this scoring system. Maybe some far-thinking owner should go QB/QB/K/K in the first 4 rounds.

This is results of 2006 draft. These guys have all been in the league and fully understand our scoring system.

Round 1 QB 9 RB 3 WR 0

Round 2 QB 6 RB 5 WR 1

Round 1

1 Dudes Peyton Manning (QB IND)

2 Sharks Carson Palmer (QB CIN)

3 TWO LaDainian Tomlinson (RB SD)

4 Dos Angry Hombres Matt Hasselbeck (QB SEA)

5 Roadbuilder Eli Manning (QB NYG)

6 Cheeseheads Marc Bulger (QB STL)

7 Spooey Ben Roethlisberger (QB PIT)

8 Odessa Larry Johnson (RB KC)

9 Phlem Drs Tom Brady (QB NE)

10 Angry Too Shaun Alexander (RB SEA)

11 Dollar and No Cents Jake Delhomme (QB CAR)

12 3 Dogs and a Farmer Jake Plummer (QB DEN)

Round 2

13 3 Dogs and a Farmer Drew Bledsoe (QB DAL)

14 Dollar and No Cents Kurt Warner (QB ARI)

15 Angry Too Brett Favre (QB GB)

16 Phlem Drs Edgerrin James (RB ARI)

17 Odessa Donovan McNabb (QB PHI)

18 Spooey Daunte Culpepper (QB MIA)

19 Cheeseheads Tiki Barber (RB NYG)

20 Roadbuilder Steven Jackson (RB STL)

21 Dos Angry Hombres Rudi Johnson (RB CIN)

22 TWO Trent Green (QB KC)

23 Sharks Chad Johnson (WR CIN)

24 Dudes Ronnie Brown (RB MIA)

No scoring system in the world justifies that draft. I wouldn't know where to start.

I mean, even valuing QBs above all (which, as many have pointed out, isn't the right call) look at the order they were drafted in. Hasselbeck, E. Manning and Roethlisberger (!) in front of Brady? McNabb the 13th QB taken? Brilliant.

No scoring system in the world justifies that draft. I wouldn't know where to start.

I mean, even valuing QBs above all (which, as many have pointed out, isn't the right call) look at the order they were drafted in. Hasselbeck, E. Manning and Roethlisberger (!) in front of Brady? McNabb the 13th QB taken? Brilliant.

Hey! He said the owners aren't stupid.

That only leaves one logical conclusion - the rest of us are dumb as tree stumps.

Sorry to be the one to break the news to you. Now excuse me while I get back to learning how to tie my shoe laces.

Edited by Bronco Billy

1.03 - LT

2.10 - Steven Jackson

3.03 - Steve Smith

+ 2 mediocre QBs

This team would need a lot of luck just to make the playoffs. The team that took Manning #1 last year set a new single season scoring record. It's hard to argue bad logic with actual results

This team would need a lot of luck just to make the playoffs. The team that took Manning #1 last year set a new single season scoring record. It's hard to argue bad logic with actual results

That's only because everyone in your league thinks the same way, leaving plums for the Manning owner long after they should have come off the board.

Whether you want to hear this or not, your league owners don't know what they're doing and they are handing the league title to you - you're hardly earning anything.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king...

1.03 - LT

2.10 - Steven Jackson

3.03 - Steve Smith

+ 2 mediocre QBs

:D

Yeah right. The team listed above would kill all other teams in your league whether you choose to recognize that or not. You seem to have some serious love for Manning.

Visit the 12 team mock drafts if you want a representation of what a real draft with owners who know that the hell they are doing looks like

He needs to set up a league via MFL with his scoring system etc., then invite BB, BC, Yourself and Myself and some other Huddlers etc.. We will set it up as a BotH league....and have him put his posturing, drafting ability and money where his mouth is, and I can garuntee he will not do it, because he can't admit it, but the school house has rocked all over him.

Edited by PantherDave

What's the point?

Your statement above is probably the most accurate thing in this thread you have said.

You seem unable to grasp the basic concepts in fantasy football, math and the relative value of players. So there probably is no point in you providing more detail that would give more proof to the error of your line of thought.

He needs to set up a league via MFL with his scoring system etc., then invite BB, BC, Yourself and Myself and some other Huddlers etc.. We will set it up as a BotH league....and have him put his posturing, drafting ability and money where his mouth is, and I can garuntee he will not do it, because he can't admit it, but the school house has rocked all over him.

I almost recommended this earlier ... but with 11 of us and 1 of him it really wouldn't make the point we want to make. He'd chalk it up to bad luck. The best case scenario would be for one or two of us to get into his league and run away with it (like I know we would).

I'd even be willing to concede the #1 pick overall to him if he were to take Manning and no other player at #1.

What's the point?

THe point is, if you read any of my posts, to properly illustrate, using the real average values, not using the top 12 numbers which are incomplete based on your league setup to illustrate, using your posted draft results, the likely "average" value totals using a couple different approaches to the draft. (And, if easy enough, please include WRs... top 24 if you start 3, top 36 if you start 3)

Obviously the first would be to show the values if taking the #1 scoring QB first (and note the risk here as Manning has not been the #1 QB 4 of the last 5 years in most scoring systems) and going best value in round 2 and 3 using your typical draft results as a gauge of who will be taken vs going with the #1 RB (risk here is that LT was not the #1 scoring RB in most scoring systems in 4 of the last 5 years) and then best value in round 2 and 3 again using your typical draft results as a gauge of who will be taken.

If you would just humor me, I am trying to take the strategic discussion to the next level as this is the exact type of league setup that I refer to when I call out the few situations in my value rants that may warrant taking a QB earlier than normal.