[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More Evolution

billay

Men have used many excuses to wage war , kill , torture and rape ...used everything from desire for more land , desire to rid world of certain ethnic group, for money , for oil and yes have used the excuse of religion

But it don't work that way ..evil men do evil things that have nothing to do with religion or what religion strives to teach ...they can hide behind it all they want but its not nor never should be the religion to blame

You can't argue that anything that teaches man to be good to one another is a bad thing. However, I can argue that the methods used for getting this message across are bad at times and that the people associated with this message are bad at times and that the organizations themselves are bad at times. I would argue that these bad times are far more frequent than the good times and that when confronted with this reality, the people that are either part of these organizations or support these organizations or believe in the message that these organizations are supposed to be delivering circle the wagons, become very defensive, and hide the guilty behind the cloak of the message that is supposedly being sent.

Someone around here has the sig line that reads (and I paraphrase):

Good men do good things and bad men do bad things but for good men to do bad things, that takes religion.

You claim that the message and the messenger are two differnt things, I suggest that we should look far more closely at the messenger for the true message that is being sent. Like any good illusionist, they get you to focus on what they want you to see while the trick is perpetrated right in front of your eyes.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't argue that anything that teaches man to be good to one another is a bad thing. However, I can argue that the methods used for getting this message across are bad at times and that the people associated with this message are bad at times and that the organizations themselves are bad at times. I would argue that these bad times are far more frequent than the good times and that when confronted with this reality, the people that are either part of these organizations or support these organizations or believe in the message that these organizations are supposed to be delivering circle the wagons, become very defensive, and hide the guilty behind the cloak of the message that is supposedly being sent.

Someone around here has the sig line that reads (and I paraphrase):

Good men do good things and bad men do bad things but for good men to do bad things, that takes religion.

You claim that the message and the messenger are two differnt things, I suggest that we should look far more closely at the messenger for the true message that is being sent. Like any good illusionist, they get you to focus on what they want you to see while the trick is perpetrated right in front of your eyes.

then comes the prestige....:D

There is more good in this world then bad. If this were untrue there'd be anarchy.

There is more good in this world then bad. If this were untrue there'd be anarchy.

This statement is ludicrous. As a direct counterpoint I give you Hitler, Stalin, Tojo, and Hussein for starters. Tyrants are the antithesis of anarchy.

This statement is ludicrous. As a direct counterpoint I give you Hitler, Stalin, Tojo, and Hussein for starters. Tyrants are the antithesis of anarchy.

I counted 4 people in your post. Of course I don't know who Tojo is. Is that Mr. Miyagi's evil counterpart in Karate Kid II?

I counted 4 people in your post. Of course I don't know who Tojo is. Is that Mr. Miyagi's evil counterpart in Karate Kid II?

Tojo was the Japanese Emperor during WW II. I see history is lost on you as well.

Edited by Kid Cid

Anarchy is neither good nor evil; merely the absence or order. And history is filled with examples of order brought about by forces of both good and evil.

so you're assuming the bible wasn't read?...

never assume...

I said it was written by man...plus it was altered by man...

it is a book with a bunch of stories....written by man....

unless you were there....nothing shows that anyone/thing else wrote these stories...other than man..

and religious belief is a silly way to choose friends anyways... :D

I am not assuming anything ..I am stating if you are a beleiver , and the bible is carefully read as a beleiver , you would never believe or state it was written by man or that its made up bunch of stories ..this contradicts the whole basis of the Word of God

The statement of "unless you were there is silly " ..where you there at the civil war ? If not then you could not believe it based on this premise ...

And the friends comment was a joke ..I have as many non beleiving non religion practicing friends as I do beleiver friends

What I find amazing is how non beleivers are so quick to shoot down the bible as a man made fairy tale ...certainly do not believe this to be the case ...faith is what it is

I am not assuming anything ..I am stating if you are a beleiver , and the bible is carefully read as a beleiver , you would never believe or state it was written by man or that its made up bunch of stories ..this contradicts the whole basis of the Word of God

The statement of "unless you were there is silly " ..where you there at the civil war ? If not then you could not believe it based on this premise ...

And the friends comment was a joke ..I have as many non beleiving non religion practicing friends as I do beleiver friends

What I find amazing is how non beleivers are so quick to shoot down the bible as a man made fairy tale ...certainly do not believe this to be the case ...faith is what it is

1st off my razz should have tipped you off that I was joking as well...

2nd automatically assuming that it is the word of god is a little silly, because as i said...there isn't much out there showing that the god in the bible was ever here to begin with...

I have a different perspective of god and IMO, the bible is what man thinks god should be.....this is why there are so many times that god is contradicted in the bible anyways....

but it's whatever...

It is not a case of good vs evil as far as anarchy is concerned. It is order vs chaos.

Tojo was the Japanese Emperor during WW II.

Actually, he was the Japanese Prime Minister. Hirohito was the Emperor.

Anarchy is neither good nor evil; merely the absence or order. And history is filled with examples of order brought about by forces of both good and evil.

Bingo.

That is a pretty far jump to assume if you are sceptical of the validity of the written manuscript as remembered by men after the fact, and translated from different languages over the ages that you are an unbeliever.

It is concerning to me how important the book is to the religion, items were added over the years that are downright contradictory to the message of God.

It is a book written by men, who are extremely fallible. So taking it as blind faith that everything written in that manuscript is absolutely the will of God is disrespectful to the true word of God. And frankly makes God appear a bit wishy washy on some pretty key issues.

That is a pretty far jump to assume if you are sceptical of the validity of the written manuscript as remembered by men after the fact, and translated from different languages over the ages that you are an unbeliever.

It is concerning to me how important the book is to the religion, items were added over the years that are downright contradictory to the message of God.

It is a book written by men, who are extremely fallible. So taking it as blind faith that everything written in that manuscript is absolutely the will of God is disrespectful to the true word of God. And frankly makes God appear a bit wishy washy on some pretty key issues.

Let's talk new testament ...that is the book of christians and what we hold as the word of God ...please give me specifics and examples where the Word of God was changed or additions were made where it appears to make God wishy whashy ??

My argument also isThe fact it was translated over time does not automatically make it fallible either . Bible is not the only book translated over time , does that mean all other books have also been changed , manipulated as well ..its not an automatic for sure

And yes Christians do believe in the Book and is the guideline of the lives that we live

Being skeptical and or not understanding everything in the book does not make you an unbeleiver , thinking the book is man made fairy tales , however pretty much puts one in the unbeleiver catergory

If I came off too judgemental to anyone , including avernus , I apologize as it was not my initial intention

Clear that for some myself included the basis of faith and its relation to the bible is important so perhaps trying to explain it or justify itor even defend it,, can at times lead one to become overly passionate ...meant no harm though