[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going RB 1st 2nd and 3rd Rounds.

ttran

I'm in a 10 man league that plays QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, K, D, 1 W/R SLOT

Passing: 1 point per 25 yards & 4 points per TD. Rushing and Receiving: 1 point per 10 yards & 6 points per TD

I figured going for 3 good running backs is better than trying to get 4 WRs to start. I think RBs for the Slot option is much better than a WR.

Does anyone else think I went wrong by drafting like this?? It was kinda risky at first with being stuck with a Scrub 3rd WR, but I lucked out with Coles. Only 1 other person in the draft went 3 RBs first. He got Jackson, Benson, James.

1. Alexander

2. Mcgahee

3. Thomas Jones

4. Javon Walker

5. Donald Driver

6. Mcnabb

7. Laveranues Coles

Payton, Palmer, Marvin, and S. Smith were all taken by the time I got my 3rd pick, so there were other good WRs avail. Just didn't want to take them because RBs are harder to come by.

I Drafted 4th.

Edited by ttran

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, we have no way of answering this without knowing who you could have had when you made those picks. Secondly, this is your second, "What's done is done, so tell me how I did" question in as many days. Why not ask for advice before you draft rather than after?

T minus 10 and counting before the hecklers come out.

Dude, we have no way of answering this without knowing who you could have had when you made those picks. Secondly, this is your second, "What's done is done, so tell me how I did" question in as many days. Why not ask for advice before you draft rather than after?

T minus 10 and counting before the hecklers come out.

Where is my other thread regarding my team? The other one was regarding my whole league Einstein.

Because I'm also in 3 other leagues that are drafting soon???

Edited by ttran

1st - very risky waiting on WR until 4th considering you start 3 (possibly 4).

2nd - What position were you drafting from and who was available when you made the McGahee pick? Personally I don't like him as my #2 this year, new system, bad passing O, D's lining up 8 in the box, inj. history.

Your RB could be solid but SA is coming off a inj. and McGahee is on a new team and may not be better than TJones.

The mistake could have been with the McGahee pick but your team looks decent.

Where is my other thread regarding my team? The other one was regarding my whole league Einstein.

Because I'm also in 3 other leagues that are drafting soon???

Einstein? Let's talk about freaking Einstein. I said this was the second time in as many days that you asked for "advice" on something that already happened. You got a crapstorm of heckling the first time and then came back for more. BTW, I was the guy who actually answered your last question and then tried to call off the dogs. So much for that.

So you whine about the fact that nobody will give you a straight answer but this time you didn't give us nearly enough to go on.

Sure, the guys you took seemed like fine enough picks at those spots. However, you could draft nothing but RBs in all 16 picks and still not "reach" for any of them. I mean, it all comes at a cost right? In hindsight, I would likely have prefered Steve Smith or Chad Johnson over McGehee. Of course, I have no idea if that was an option because I'm being asked for "advice" on something that has already happened based on a sliver of info.

So, besides irritating one of the few guys who wasn't piling on yesterday, Einstein, what exactly did this post of yours accomplish.

Einstein? Let's talk about freaking Einstein. I said this was the second time in as many days that you asked for "advice" on something that already happened. You got a crapstorm of heckling the first time and then came back for more. BTW, I was the guy who actually answered your last question and then tried to call off the dogs. So much for that.

So you whine about the fact that nobody will give you a straight answer but this time you didn't give us nearly enough to go on.

Sure, the guys you took seemed like fine enough picks at those spots. However, you could draft nothing but RBs in all 16 picks and still not "reach" for any of them. I mean, it all comes at a cost right? In hindsight, I would likely have prefered Steve Smith or Chad Johnson over McGehee. Of course, I have no idea if that was an option because I'm being asked for "advice" on something that has already happened based on a sliver of info.

So, besides irritating one of the few guys who wasn't piling on yesterday, Einstein, what exactly did this post of yours accomplish.

I did not bother reading past the first sentence of what you wrote, but where in my other thread did I ask "so tell me how I did"????? I ask to rate the top 4 teams in my league by players drafted EINSTEIN.

Don't get your panties in a bunch because its early.

Read Yound Padawan. "Because I'm also in 3 other leagues that are drafting soon??? "

Edited by ttran

1st - very risky waiting on WR until 4th considering you start 3 (possibly 4).

2nd - What position were you drafting from and who was available when you made the McGahee pick? Personally I don't like him as my #2 this year, new system, bad passing O, D's lining up 8 in the box, inj. history.

Your RB could be solid but SA is coming off a inj. and McGahee is on a new team and may not be better than TJones.

The mistake could have been with the McGahee pick but your team looks decent.

RBs went fast. The only backs left besides Mcgahee in the 2nd round was Benson, Jones, Jacobs, Drew, Lynch, Duece, Barber. I did not want to go WR or QB in the 2nd round since the backs that were left were not that great.

I did not bother reading past the first sentence of what you wrote, but where in my other thread did I ask "so tell me how I did"????? I ask to rate the top 4 teams in my league by players drafted EINSTEIN.

Now that is rich ... some n00b who has his panties in a wad telling a vet not to get his panties in a wad.

:D

T-O-O-L

I spelled it out for you.

Read Yound Padawan. "Because I'm also in 3 other leagues that are drafting soon??? "

OK, first off. Were you or were you not one of the ten teams that we were asked to rate? If not, why the hell were you asking. If yes, then you were asking "how I did?". If you were one of the teams that we said did well, then you could take away the fact that we think you did well. If we said team X sucks and that was your team, then you could gather that. If nobody said anything good or bad about your team, then you could determine that we thought your team was middle of the pack. If you decide to stick around for any length of time, you'll learn not to argue semantics with me because I will ride you like I want my moneys worth.

Of course, why are you wasting your time nitpicking this when you still haven't bothered to give anyone any context to rate you by.

I will say this. Based on your post explaining why you took Willis, I really think you screwed up. You only needed one more back, and I don't like him any better than the rest that were available. If backs were flying off the board, you had your pick at WR and, as I said in my first post, I would rather have a stud WR and T Jones as my RB2, then not have a stud WR and waste either T Jones or McGehee on the bench each week. Had somebody really great been there at RB2 and someone like T Jones still there at 3rd pick (depending on how late in the round your pick was), I might be able to see doing that. I mean, if a guy falls, sometimes you just need to snap him up. I like T Jones in the 3rd waaaayyyy more than Willis in the 2nd.

So there, you're precious freaking advice to take to your next 3 drafts. Don't be a lemming. If RBs are flying off the board and you're left with nothing but the 3rdt tier. Don't take the first guy from the 3rd tier when you can likely have the best WR and the last RB from the 3rd tier.

So, Yound Padawan, are you following this?

Edited by detlef

OK, first off. Were you or were you not one of the ten teams that we were asked to rate? If not, why the hell were you asking. If yes, then you were asking "how I did?". If you were one of the teams that we said did well, then you could take away the fact that we think you did well. If we said team X sucks and that was your team, then you could gather that. If nobody said anything good or bad about your team, then you could determine that we thought your team was middle of the pack. If you decide to stick around for any length of time, you'll learn to argue semantics with me because I will ride you like I want my moneys worth.

Of course, why are you wasting your time nitpicking this when you still haven't bothered to give anyone any context to rate you by.

I will say this. Based on your post explaining why you took Willis, I really think you screwed up. You only needed one more back, and I don't like him any better than the rest that were available. If backs were flying off the board, you had your pick at WR and, as I said in my first post, I would rather have a stud WR and T Jones as my RB2, then not have a stud WR and waste either T Jones or McGehee on the bench each week. Had somebody really great been there at RB2 and someone like T Jones still there at 3rd pick (depending on how late in the round your pick was), I might be able to see doing that. I mean, if a guy falls, sometimes you just need to snap him up. I like T Jones in the 3rd waaaayyyy more than Willis in the 2nd.

So there, you're precious freaking advice to take to your next 3 drafts. Don't be a lemming. If RBs are flying off the board and you're left with nothing but the 3rdt tier. Don't take the first guy from the 3rd tier when you can likely have the best WR and the last RB from the 3rd tier.

:wacko::D:wacko::D

Nice....and I agree with the comments regarding McGahee.....I'd rather have SSmith, CJohnson, TO, Holt, Fitz or Roy in that spot.

And we still don't know from what position he was drafting because if it was anything in the 5-10 range and RB were flying fast then one of the top 3 WR should have been there.

:wacko::D:wacko::D

Nice....and I agree with the comments regarding McGahee.....I'd rather have SSmith, CJohnson, TO, Holt, Fitz or Roy in that spot.

And we still don't know from what position he was drafting because if it was anything in the 5-10 range and RB were flying fast then one of the top 3 WR should have been there.

scroll down on my original post. I drafted 4th.

OK, first off. Were you or were you not one of the ten teams that we were asked to rate? If not, why the hell were you asking. If yes, then you were asking "how I did?". If you were one of the teams that we said did well, then you could take away the fact that we think you did well. If we said team X sucks and that was your team, then you could gather that. If nobody said anything good or bad about your team, then you could determine that we thought your team was middle of the pack. If you decide to stick around for any length of time, you'll learn not to argue semantics with me because I will ride you like I want my moneys worth.

I guess you really can't read. I am starting 3 RBs not 2.

Get your facts straight buddy. The Top 10 Scoring receivers last year averaged 171 Fantasy points in my league. And I HAVE 2 of them. DRIVER + JAVON.

'The Top 10 Running Backs averaged 257 Points.The 10th place RB scored almost as much as the Top Receiver. What does this tell you?? That running backs are much more valuable to get than receivers because RBs WILL ALWAYS get their touches, but Receivers will have games where they will catch 2 balls.

Please learn the game. You won't win with 1 or 2 "STUDS". Especially players like Peyton Manning and LT. Reason Being???They are Division Winners every year. Clinchers who don't use their starters at the end of the year where Fantasy Players matter.

Take your stud WR and be stuck with a Michael Turner and Tatum Bell as your 2nd and 3rd RB.

Edited by ttran

Get your facts straight buddy. The Top 10 Scoring receivers last year averaged 171 Fantasy points in my league. And I HAVE 2 of them. DRIVER + JAVON.

'The Top 10 Running Backs averaged 257 Points.The 10th place RB scored almost as much as the Top Receiver. What does this tell you?? That running backs are much more valuable to get than receivers because RBs WILL ALWAYS get their touches, but Receivers will have games where they will catch 2 balls.

Please learn the game. You won't win Sega! with 1 or 2 "STUDS". Especially players like Peyton Manning and LT. Reason Being???They are Division Winners every year. Clinchers who don't use their starters at the end of the year where Fantasy Players matter.

Take your stud WR and be stuck with a Sega!ty 2nd and 3rd RB.

SEGA SEGA!!!

wanna rethink that :D

This post has been edited by ttran: Today, 10:32 AM

You're in a different time zone than me Einstein. Someone live on the East Coast????Look at when that guy replied then. Its probably at 11 AM

"This post has been edited by ttran: Today, 9:32 AM"

Should i take a screen shot??Might wanna put on the glasses.

Screen shot just for you

Edited by ttran

Please learn the game. You won't win with 1 or 2 "STUDS". Especially players like Peyton Manning and LT. Reason Being???They are Division Winners every year. Clinchers who don't use their starters at the end of the year where Fantasy Players matter.

Take your stud WR and be stuck with a Michael Turner and Tatum Bell as your 2nd and 3rd RB.

It sounds like you have all the answers. Why are you still bothering to post here. Are you one of those that just loves to hear themselves talk. Take a hint and learn how to post a** clown. I mean for real. This just doesn't make any sense. You have a tremendous team and you will dominate all 3 of your leagues. That's what you want to hear, isn't it???

You're in a different time zone than me Einstein. Someone live on the East Coast????Look at when that guy replied then. Its probably at 11 AM

"This post has been edited by ttran: Today, 9:32 AM"

Should i take a screen shot??Might wanna put on the glasses.

Screen shot just for you

It says that he posted 7 minutes before you. :D:D:wacko:

QUOTE(nhoops @ 8/21/07 10:25am)