[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going RB 1st 2nd and 3rd Rounds.

ttran

Ahh, the ol "resort to name calling" when you run out of things to say.

I like that word, a$$clown. Very Unique. Makes you sound very intelligent and on topic.

That's because nobody cares about your stupid questions anymore. For now on, I will just refrain from commenting on anything you say because I know it will just end up as an argument.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because nobody cares about your stupid questions anymore. For now on, I will just refrain from commenting on anything you say because I know it will just end up as an argument.

But you do realize that I'm just trying to dish out info and trying to get some informative opinions with good reasoning right? I can't help it if ppl like to flame my threads.

Every league should have player value/point totals, Position averages...etc from previous years. I've been doing a lot of typing and really don't care for typing out individual stats. But these numbers are not false.

While having good WRs are important, w/o a SOLID running game, you have no chance in Fantasy. Whens the last time a team with a top WR or QB like payton manning or marvin harrison won a League? I haven't seen that in awhile.

No one needs individual stats.... but, when you make an assertion, be prepared to support it. Simply providing at mimimum the tools to do a proper value analysis to help support or refute your claim would be a start. I'll let you do some searching of the threads to see what is needed to provide a proper value analysis to help either support... or refute your claims.

I'll withhold judgment until I've had a chance to see the numbers (of course, I'll be out of the country for the next near two weeks so you may get off easy on this point)

ETA: And to reiterate from my earlier point, and as noted by Uncle Wiggy, points scored is not the same as value.

Edited by Big Country

But you do realize that I'm just trying to dish out info and trying to get some informative opinions with good reasoning right? I can't help it if ppl like to flame my threads.

I would never come to you for information. You provide nothing on these boards except the fact that you like to hear yourself talk and your opinion is the only thing that really matters.

Are you not getting the value arguement?

In a TE league, is Ahman Green more valuable than Antonio Gates because he will score more points than Gates? NO

MORE POINTS DOES NOT NECESSARILY = MORE VALUE.

Go ahead and waste your pick on Gates early than. That way you can brag about having the best TE in the league, but only score 146 points for you all year. I'll take Ahman green who only played 14 games has be stricken with injuries yet still put up more points than Gates. I'll take my Kellen Winslow in the 10th round and put up similar numbers as Gates too....LOL.

And like I said before, do you think Gates will be playing at the end of the season when the Chargers have clinched the playoffs? Do you realize why ALL teams with Laidanian Tomlinson lost in 06 when he put up the biggest scoring season in FANTASY History?? Because he was on the bench!!

I don't care about values or choose someone because they are better at their position. You don't win fantasy that way.

No one needs individual stats.... but, when you make an assertion, be prepared to support it. Simply providing at mimimum the tools to do a proper value analysis to help support or refute your claim would be a start. I'll let you do some searching of the threads to see what is needed to provide a proper value analysis to help either support... or refute your claims.

I'll withhold judgment until I've had a chance to see the numbers (of course, I'll be out of the country for the next near two weeks so you may get off easy on this point)

ETA: And to reiterate from my earlier point, and as noted by Uncle Wiggy, points scored is not the same as value.

read my 56th post below on why values don't mean anything to me. Uncle Wiggy provided the perfect example for me on why a players value doesn't mean anything.

Antonio Gates is the best TE in the league. I would take him in a heart beat if we were actually playing football games, but we're not. Being on a team with LT also declines his TD performance. Sadly, but true.

read my 56th post below on why values don't mean anything to me. Uncle Wiggy provided the perfect example for me on why a players value doesn't mean anything.

Antonio Gates is the best TE in the league. I would take him in a heart beat if we were actually playing football games, but we're not. Being on a team with LT also declines his TD performance. Sadly, but true.

I don't think you have much of a clue about what we are talking about when we are discussing value here.

Go ahead and waste your pick on Gates early than. That way you can brag about having the best TE in the league, but only score 146 points for you all year. I'll take Ahman green who only played 14 games has be stricken with injuries yet still put up more points than Gates. I'll take my Kellen Winslow in the 10th round and put up similar numbers as Gates too....LOL.

And like I said before, do you think Gates will be playing at the end of the season when the Chargers have clinched the playoffs? Do you realize why ALL teams with Laidanian Tomlinson lost in 06 when he put up the biggest scoring season in FANTASY History?? Because he was on the bench!!

I don't care about values or choose someone because they are better at their position. You don't win fantasy that way.

This confirms that you: 1) are a fairly skilled fisherman; or 2) you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm not going to take the time to figure it out.

I love this forum and plan to stick around. The debates are pretty interesting and brings out good INFO Imo. Ppl might hate me for my threads, but this is a chat room/forum. Who really has personal hate towards someone online? If you do, you have some serious issues.

Cheers to many more threads by me :D

So you are a liar too then ... as not just yesterday you said you were leaving.

I'm betting you are speaking from ignorance when you declare "you don't win fantasy that way".

This confirms that you: 1) are a fairly skilled fisherman; or 2) you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm not going to take the time to figure it out.

How can some of you guys even try to bring up the discussion of values between TE and a RB??? Are you kidding me? Its like saying, The best Kicker in the league is worth more than a 1000yd RB. We all know kickers are taken LAST. And so are tight ends. I took mine in the 10th round and I got Kellen Winslow. Wow, I thought this was suppose to be the most informative Fantasy site out there.

I will point you to this thread

In particular, the first post, #7 and #22. Now, this is not the ideal method, I prefer using a 3-year average method for determining positional valuations within a league. I'll let you do the legwork to find one of the many posts describing that method.

How can some of you guys even try to bring up the discussion of values between TE and a RB??? Are you kidding me? Its like saying, The best Kicker in the league is worth more than a 1000yd RB. We all know kickers are taken LAST. And so are tight ends. I took mine in the 10th round and I got Kellen Winslow. Wow, I thought this was suppose to be the most informative Fantasy site out there.

Winslow in the 10th speaks more about the skill level of your fantasy opponents than it does your FF acumen.

Please clarify sir. I'm going by the person who brought up the value differences between a TE and RB.

He was not comparing TEs to RBs, he was comparing a particular TE, Gates in this case, to a particular RB, Green.

Once again, I am going to stand by my current claim that you are not clear on the concept of valu as it is applied to fantasy football.

In an overall sense, yes, RBs are generally more valuable to a fantasy team's success than TEs, but that is far from what is being discussed here.

I will point you to this thread

In particular, the first post, #7 and #22. Now, this is not the ideal method, I prefer using a 3-year average method for determining positional valuations within a league. I'll let you do the legwork to find one of the many posts describing that method.

That link is worthless. So

5 Holt, Torry WR 208 93

6 Johnson, Chad WR 207 92

7 Gates, Antonio TE 168 89

8 Smith, Steve WR 203 88

9 Boldin, Anquan WR 196 81

10 Fitzgerald, Larry

all should be taken in the first round since their value is higher than Frank Gore, Brian Westbrook, Parker, Alexander??

Man, I should have drafted Tiki Barber with teh 4th pick. The values change every year. That list is so outdated, Barry Sanders should be on there.

But back to the ORIGINAL TOPIC about RBs being more valuable than WRs....

Edited by ttran

Winslow in the 10th speaks more about the skill level of your fantasy opponents than it does your FF acumen.

He was not comparing TEs to RBs, he was comparing a particular TE, Gates in this case, to a particular RB, Green.

Once again, I am going to stand by my current claim that you are not clear on the concept of valu as it is applied to fantasy football.

In an overall sense, yes, RBs are generally more valuable to a fantasy team's success than TEs, but that is far from what is being discussed here.

Even if hes comparing individuals, there is no argument there. Once again, take Gates early because he has more "value" and realize your mistake at the end of the season.

I have respect for your replies though, because you give info to back up your claims. Instead of resorting to name calling or telling me the leave these premises.

Edited by ttran

I don't even know where to begin. I was going to try to explain this to you, but you are simply not very entertaining to argue with. Have a nice day.

Don't know how you did it, kid, but you managed to take on about half of the most respected members here. Awards are given out at the end of the year, and you are now on the short list for a really good one - you can put it on your mantle....

But you'll find I'm one of the most laid back cats here - living in L.A. - so I'll try to answer your question. Don't get defensive now...

1) RBs - you probably did the right thing for RB depth, since your top 2 RBs have high risk. You needed to shore them up with a solid RB3, but it might've made more sense to grab a sleeper later after getting a top WR. If your top 2 avoid injury, you do just fine, but cross your fingers.

2) WRs - you may get lucky with these 2 guys as your WR anchors, but it would be just that - luck. They are not bad, but not top tier either.

3) Overall - I think others may be in a better position with their QB-RB-WR groups overall, but I have no way of knowing....

Hope this helps, honestly...