[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PWilly taking over Derek Smith's spot

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_6677154

The promotion of Willis, 22, comes three weeks before the Sept. 10 opener against Arizona. It was part of a shuffle that forced veteran Derek Smith to a new position and knocked Brandon Moore out of the starting lineup.

For those of you who drafted Willis prepare to reap the rewards. :D

So what does SF do with Smith? Try him at the Mike? I find it hard to believe that they're just going to relegate him to the bench, and I also can't believe he would sit happily & quietly on the bench.

DEN is looking for a Sam - and they've got OAK's conditional 5th rounder in the trade for Warren...

Edited by Bronco Billy

So what does SF do with Smith? Try him at the Mike? I find it hard to believe that they're just going to relegate him to the bench, and I also can't believe he would sit happily & quietly on the bench.

DEN is looking for a Sam - and they've got OAK's conditional 5th rounder in the trade for Warren...

smith is sliding over to LILB and Moore is headed for the bench

edit my typo that said RILB

Edited by keggerz

Um, did you read the post above, Smith is moving Brandon Moore to the bench.

you guys could always pickup trotter and move DJ back to the SAM :D

smith is sliding over to RILB and Moore is headed for the bench

Actually, this just in...

49ers | Smith moved to strongside inside spot Published Thu Aug 23 10:17:00 p.m. ET 2007

(KFFL) Tom FitzGerald, of the San Francisco Chronicle, reports San Francisco 49ers LB Derek M. Smith has been moved from the weakside inside linebacker spot to the strongside inside spot.