[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How does the value of a QB change in a 6 pt/TD and 1 pt per 25 yd passing league?

NashHank

How important is it to own one of the Big 3 QBs (Manning, Brady, Palmer) in a 12 team League that offers 6 points per Passing TD & 1 point per 25 passing yards.

Does this scoring system just DRAMATICALLY change the weight of the QB position? I'm always the guy the last guy to take a QB. Thinking this year may grab one of the Big 3 in the 3rd round. I'm picking 9th.

Thoughts?

Doesn't increase their value that much because even though their point totals are higher, its still easier to find a later round QB whose score is not far off from the first round QBs. It is nearly impossible to find a late round RB that scores close to the first round RBs. Value is relative.

Ignore GRITS he just patrols the boards all day waiting for an opportunity to jump into a post and dazzle us with his comedic ability and cynicism. I'm not sure why he even follows the message boards anymore since he never offers any advice or genuine input. Kind of sad.

Doesn't increase their value that much because even though their point totals are higher, its still easier to find a later round QB whose score is not far off from the first round QBs. It is nearly impossible to find a late round RB that scores close to the first round RBs. Value is relative.

Ignore GRITS he just patrols the boards all day waiting for an opportunity to jump into a post and dazzle us with his comedic ability and cynicism. I'm not sure why he even follows the message boards anymore since he never offers any advice or genuine input. Kind of sad.

If you don't appreciate my advice I'd be happy to add you to my ignore list ... you just have to ask

In the league that I play in our QB scoring is similar, but with -2 for INTs. With this QB scoring and standard RB scoring, the top 5 QBs outscored all but the top 3 RBs. After you got past the top 8 QBs, the scoring declined at a constant rate.

Our 5th ranked QB is usually gone by the middle of the 3rd round.

My general draft strategy is to go RB, RB and then grab the last of the top 5 QBs.

How important is it to own one of the Big 3 QBs (Manning, Brady, Palmer) in a 12 team League that offers 6 points per Passing TD & 1 point per 25 passing yards.

Does this scoring system just DRAMATICALLY change the weight of the QB position? I'm always the guy the last guy to take a QB. Thinking this year may grab one of the Big 3 in the 3rd round. I'm picking 9th.

Thoughts?

I have always drafted 3 starting running backs first then receivers or maybe a QB if a top 5 QB is still there. this year i drafted addai then i turned to the dark side and drafted P. Manning. every single person there looked at me as if i was nuts so to show them they were right i drafted T. Brady with my third pick. having thrown away my master plan i reverted to drafting RB's for the next few rounds before jumoing into the fire and drafting the bears and ravens defenses back to back. all i need now is a really good shrink.