[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan losing to App St at home

Sgt. Ryan

Looks like the Big Ten may be overrated this year. Michigan loses to ASU and Wisconsin with its hands full against Wash St.

If a 42-21 win vs a solid Pac 10 team is a bad thing, I guess UW did embarrass itself.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know why the App St coach chose to kick the FG with 30 seconds left? He almost gave Mich the game. Why not take a knee and spike it with like 5 seconds left?

With no TOs left, I think they were deciding to do just that when Michigan took the TO for them.

:D Either "icing" the kicker, instead of just hurrying him up.....lol......or preserving a few seconds for a comeback miracle banking on the FG being good.

Does anyone know why the App St coach chose to kick the FG with 30 seconds left? He almost gave Mich the game. Why not take a knee and spike it with like 5 seconds left?

They had a couple of turnovers in the second half. He might have been playing on emotions. :D It worked.

I just hope the pollsters have enough sense to keep Michigan out of the top 25, because I'm sorry, anything higher would be a travesty. This is why I hate preseason polls, Michigan gets ranked 5 (i.e. head start on almost every division 1 team as far as bcs goes) and then loses to Whoever State! If there is any justice, they drop out, but you know what, they won't, because they are Michigan.

Bah. It's damn close to a AAA ball team upsetting the BoSox.

Actually I remember a few years back when Pawtucket did in fact beat the BoSox. Of course this was before the Sox were a top team and, in fact, I'm sure it meant more to the farm kids than it did to the Sox. But then again, this game obviously meant more to A. State than it did to Michigan.

This game was no 81 US Olympic team, but it certainly does rank. The top athletes drafted out of high school don't go to div. 2 football teams, regardless of how good the program is.

Just more proof that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Edited by Crazysight

Michigan will be back to much pride not to and I have to say seeing Notre Dame and Michigan go down in flames seems just like the best opening day a Buckeye could hope for, but really it's not that feeling at all. I guess I'm just getting old. I have not watched the game yet so can't comment too much, however I do know that offense they have up north is special and Oregon could be looking at very angry woken giant.

I have to say this hurts the Big Ten as a whole.

I took my 5 year old son to his first Buckeye game and I know some Dad in Ann Arbor did the same today. I would be crushed to have my son's first game be one that is called the biggest upset ever and have to try to explain what happened.

If a 42-21 win vs a solid Pac 10 team is a bad thing, I guess UW did embarrass itself.

well, FWIW, WSU will end up finishing in the bottom of the conference - probably 7th or 8th.

oh yeah, and THE BIG 10 IS A JOKE. Could you imagine if this league actually played credible NC games?

I just hope the pollsters have enough sense to keep Michigan out of the top 25, because I'm sorry, anything higher would be a travesty. This is why I hate preseason polls, Michigan gets ranked 5 (i.e. head start on almost every division 1 team as far as bcs goes) and then loses to Whoever State! If there is any justice, they drop out, but you know what, they won't, because they are Michigan.

Totally agree. Preseason polls are a joke. There shouldn't be a poll until October 1st. Let the results on the field dictate the rankings, not who has the more popular helmets. Michigan has been living off of it's name (whatever that means) for years, it's about time they were exposed as the paper tigers that they are.

and THE BIG 10 IS A JOKE. Could you imagine if this league actually played credible NC games?

I guess playing #1 and #2 ranked Texas last 2 seasons wasn't good enough :D

I think we also have a home and home with OU in the kettle as well

Edited by theeohiostate

Well, that sort of brings up the whole issue of pre-season rankings again doesn't it? I mean, how much weight did beating "#2 Texas" hold once they lost a few more games and didn't even make their conference final?

Don't get me wrong, OSU certainly shouldn't get dogged for scheduling a team like Texas. I mean, that's exactly the type of games we should be getting from the upper echelon of college football.

Exactly what is the argument here, that big Ten teams somehow don't schedule tough OOC opponents? I mean the argument is ridiculous. Michigan has there annual tussle with Notre Dame, and usually schedule one other team from a BCS conference (this year Oregon). Ohio State usually plays someone, in this case Washington. Iowa can't help it that Syracuse has fallen on rough times, they were Big East Title contenders when they signed the contract. If your argument is, well Big Ten teams schedule division 1AA teams, well, so does every other conference. I guess I just don't understand the logic behind any of that? BTW Texas was a Colt McCoy injury away from probably playing in a BCS game (Kansas State and Texas A & M don't beat them if he's 100 %) last year. Which would give them 1 loss to Ohio State, and POSSIBLY, knocking out Florida. It wasn't like Texas all of the sudden sucked.

Biggest upset in history and nothing else is even a close 2nd. I bet no more than a handful of Huddlers outside of North Carolina and East Tennessee knew where Appy State was before this huge win. I dont see how Lloyd Carr can survive this absolute disaster. I think he needs to go undefeated, or else maybe lose one more game while beating OSU. It will be very hard to overcome loss like this one. Congrats to Appy State on what can only be described as a unbelievable win.

Off the Board. Vegas refused to issue a line for this game. It probably would have been 40+ though.

Well, that's a pretty good argument for "biggest upset in history". I mean, even Buster Douglas was on the board, at 45-1.

I heard him on the local sports radio show yesterday. He said: "We're a spread, shotgun offense, the only other thing we would have done is take a knee at center field. We didn't want to chance a muffed snap or anything. We had full faith in our kicker, and our ability to hold them for 25 seconds". Well he was wrong on that account, but they pulled it off anyway.

yup. Big 10 homers love to throw the ND card into the NC mix- please. UT - well done, you guys have mixed it up with the some of the Big 12-

but the reality is the Big 10 doesn't play the quality NC games like the Pac 10 and SEC............

this has been talked over and over in this forum but the Big 10 just does not play as competitive NC games as the Pac 10 and SEC.