[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Newbie Welcome Thread

rajncajn

My name is AtomicCEO, and I'm a former sheepherder from the small Mediterranean Greek-like island of Mypos. I traveled to the United States in search of my relatives. I live with my high-strung cousin, Larry, in his big city apartment.

We could not be more different, but our very different outlooks on life lead to wild antics and hilarious hijinks. He introduced me to fantasy football even though I thought he was being ridiculous.

You are not Balke :D

Who: Ruffian

What: Administrator

When: 34 and climbing

Where: Steeltown

Why: I like to win. A lot.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing for seven years and belong to two leagues (one dynasty and one redraft). In my spare time I ranch free-range chinchillas.

Who: From Chicago so I guess I am a Bears fan, but when asked the question would you rather the Bears win the super bowl or your fantasy team winning the league....I'll take my fantasy team.

What: High School Student...Work in the carryout of Carson's Ribs (But Never on Sunday's or Monday's)

When: 17 years old 3 sisters one brother and a mom and a Dad.

Where: Chi-town Is my town

Why: Second year in a row I was able to steal my dad's credit card.

Fantasy Bio ....My friend introduced me to the huddle three years ago been hooked ever since. I believe that I am in the top 5 of people that love fantasy football and I have created the best fantasy league at my high school. I pass up bears games so I can watch the rest of the NFL at my local sports bar from 12-6 30 everyday cause I dont want to miss any of the action. Play the game right by using CBSsportsline for the past 7 years any my fantasy career. Best draft pick i have ever made was taking steve smith in the 4th round in 2006. Even though I am young and a rather new huddle member I still love fantasy football as much as Huddle member number 4 or whoever is on this website. I am extremely happy to be in the huddle community because I belong here.

Who: From Chicago so I guess I am a Bears fan, but when asked the question would you rather the Bears win the super bowl or your fantasy team winning the league....I'll take my fantasy team.

What: High School Student...Work in the carryout of Carson's Ribs (But Never on Sunday's or Monday's)

When: 17 years old 3 sisters one brother and a mom and a Dad.

Where: Chi-town Is my town

Why: Second year in a row I was able to steal my dad's credit card.

Fantasy Bio ....My friend introduced me to the huddle three years ago been hooked ever since. I believe that I am in the top 5 of people that love fantasy football and I have created the best fantasy league at my high school. I pass up bears games so I can watch the rest of the NFL at my local sports bar from 12-6 30 everyday cause I dont want to miss any of the action. Play the game right by using CBSsportsline for the past 7 years any my fantasy career. Best draft pick i have ever made was taking steve smith in the 4th round in 2006. Even though I am young and a rather new huddle member I still love fantasy football as much as Huddle member number 4 or whoever is on this website. I am extremely happy to be in the huddle community because I belong here.

Do you know seminoles? :D

If i could choose one team to win it all. I would choose my fantasy team to win instead of the bears winning it all.

Blasphemy!!!! You shall be stricken down, snakes and boils will be cast upon you. You will be covered w/ vermin and your teeth will fall out! :D

And now back to our program! :D

Who: turnit643

What: Chiropractor with some time spent in sports psych, former HS football and hockey coach. Married and expecting our first little one any day now.

When: Born during an 8-0 opening day loss for the A's, but I've never held that against them, they went on to win 100 games for me that year.

Where: Started in Santa Rosa, CA, got away multiple times, now back again for good.

Why: Insomnia mainly.

Fantasy Bio: Played in and commished many leagues over the years (more years and leagues than I care to admit), tried many formats, still the best is a long time local redraft filled with friends. I've recently whittled down to two football leagues and one baseball league - which is a blast ... a runs-created format that ruined 5X5 for me forever. Stopped in for a peek at the Huddle here and there for years, jumped in with both feet this year thanks to an invite from Beaumont in the Home Field Advantage BOTH league. It's been a fun glimpse into the family you've all got going over here.

Who: Wizards

What: Inventory Control Coordinator

When: 47

Where: Kernersville, NC also known as K'Vegas

Why: Love Football, Love fantasy of being an owner on paper and every Sunday I get to match strategies with some the greatest football minds in the world!! Packer Fan--more improtantly I am a Hugh fan of the Huddle and sleeper players which wins me leagues!!

Fantasy Bio: Been playing for 10 years and belong to 4 leagues 32 More Homers, Bling Bling and two locals (one for fairly large rewards and one for average). Huddle member for the 5th or so year....post on and off since then....main thing is to drink plenty of beer and kick you pants off and be like LT and score! :D

Who: Ruffian

What: Administrator

When: 34 and climbing

Where: Steeltown

Why: I like to win. A lot.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing for seven years and belong to two leagues (one dynasty and one redraft). In my spare time I ranch free-range chinchillas.

Seriously? Because Free-range Chinchillas would be an awesome team name :D

Who-Capt. Waffle

What- Owner of two car washes

When-1963 44yrs of vintage

Where-Apex "The peak of good living"

Why-It's fun and not having a favorite team, it get's me into the game. My whole extended family does an internet league-the "worst team" has to throw a fancy dinner party.

Bio-Been playing since 1998 and my two $$ locals are my main leagues. I've commished one for 5 years now and the other I've been in since 98.

I

• 4 weeks later...

Who: MrMookie123

What: Technical Program Manager

When: 50 years old, 2 daughters in college, 1 collie - still lives at home

Why: Because I Love Fantasy Football

Fantasy Bio: Playing fantasy football since 1988. The exact same 12 team owners will be drafting again in 2007 (Our 20th reunion)

Edited by mrmookie123

• 7 months later...
Guest Chappy

WHO: Chappy. Married with 2 kids.

WHAT: Administrator and College professor in training

WHEN: 32

WHERE: New Jersey

WHY: Plain and simple, I love Football and Fantasy Football.

FANTASY BIO: Been playing for a pretty long time, probably about 15 years or so. Been playing in my local with most of the same guys for those 15 years and play in a work league.

Thanks to Big Country on the heads up and link to this thread.

Edited by Chappy

FANTASY BIO: Been playing for a pretty long time, probably about 15 years or so. Been playing in my local with most of the same guys for those 15 years and play in a work league.

You don't happen to really like yellow, do horrible magic tricks and say "wake up Jeff" in a funny Aussie accent?

Just curious.... :wacko:

Blasphemy!!!! You shall be stricken down, snakes and boils will be cast upon you. You will be covered w/ vermin and your teeth will fall out! :wacko:

And now back to our program! :D

At least he sets realistic goals. :irishwink:

What part of NJ ?

Guest Chappy
You don't happen to really like yellow, do horrible magic tricks and say "wake up Jeff" in a funny Aussie accent?

Just curious.... :wacko:

I actually feel a bit embarrassed that I know what you're talking about. And now that you've brought it up, I've got "The Wiggles" songs stuck in my head. The kids can't get enough of it in the car. :D

Guest Chappy
What part of NJ ?

Hudson County. Got family in Bayonne and Jersey City. One of my brothers dates a girl from Hoboken. You from the area?